Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Huard sucked, but the defense sucked more.

Default Huard sucked, but the defense sucked more.

Huard wasn't very good at all today, he made bad decisions, and a lot of bad throws that the receivers had to bail him out on a lot of them. However, we still should have won the game, regardless of Huard's big interception at the end. Our, usually insane, defense blew it at the end against a deep ball by Favre. They should have seen this coming a mile away, but somehow, our defense is just that stupid. They already got us once with it in the game, it's how they've been winning most of their games, yet we give it up at the worst possible time for a game-deciding TD. It was inexcusable and the defense should be ripped a new one for the overall performance, just in the 4th quarter. We did get two turnovers, one was pretty huge, other than that, I wasn't impressed. Our defense has played better than this, and I wanna see it next week against the Broncos. That is all.

how many times have the defense kept us in games? if it wasn't for them, we'd lose 2/3 of teh games we already played.

the offense has gotta help the defense. simple as that.

our turnovers turned into points stat is probably really bad. i don't remember how many turnovers/interceptions we had and didn't convert into points.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Huard wasn't very good at all today, he made bad decisions, and a lot of bad throws that the receivers had to bail him out on a lot of them. However, we still should have won the game, regardless of Huard's big interception at the end. Our, usually insane, defense blew it at the end against a deep ball by Favre. They should have seen this coming a mile away, but somehow, our defense is just that stupid. They already got us once with it in the game, it's how they've been winning most of their games, yet we give it up at the worst possible time for a game-deciding TD. It was inexcusable and the defense should be ripped a new one for the overall performance, just in the 4th quarter. We did get two turnovers, one was pretty huge, other than that, I wasn't impressed. Our defense has played better than this, and I wanna see it next week against the Broncos. That is all.
    Actually blame for that would be the secondary, (Law) not the whole D. But Huard needs to go. Cant pull the blame from Huard on this one.

Yeah, I was generalizing, the defense is still a whole. I think it was Law and Pollard that got beat on that play, I just can't stand that kind of bull with a guy like Favre back there who's done it a WHOLE lot just this season. We should be ready for that kind of pass. Our offense didn't play as bad as people are making it out however. We scored 22 points, which is a lot for the Chiefs. Some of it was thanks to a turnover, but still. The Chiefs, all around, didn't play very good ball, and if it wasn't for Gonzalez, it would have been a blowout in favor of the Packers.

amen and to think of all the tony gonzalez haters around the time around his contract negotiating....

I thought the D played well except when it mattered most in the 4th quarter. They did seem to give up a lot of 3rd down conversions though.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I thought the D played well except when it mattered most in the 4th quarter. They did seem to give up a lot of 3rd down conversions though.
    That is how they operate. I think we are last in stopping offenses on 3rd down, and last in converting 3rd downs on offense.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    That is how they operate. I think we are last in stopping offenses on 3rd down, and last in converting 3rd downs on offense.
    Those are probably the most important stats in football.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Those are probably the most important stats in football.

You said it admin!

We have got to be able to convert on 3rd down, if the D is not gonna be able to stop opponents on 3rd down.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I am pretty sure that the majority of Chiefs fans have no idea what they are looking at when they see a football.

Damon Huard played an excellent football game. Period. He led this team to 22 points against a very good Packers defense. Yes, I said led.

He did make two mistakes. The first of those two wound-up being called an incompletion, while the second ended the game.

What appearently happened on the game-ending interception was that Huard was looking for Priest, who was supposed to be sitting underneath, and instead found Sammie Parker, who had been held-up on his crossing route. He made a very quick throw, but when you are throwing to a guy who is on a crossing route, while expecting a halfback underneath, is generally an interception.

Unfortunately, when you are getting pressured in a big hurry, on every other play, you have to make snap decisions. This one was the wrong one.

It is ridiculous how everyone wants to blame the quarterback for a horribly blown coverage by a safety. How Huard has to be the fall-guy for a lame offensive line. Blame Huard for the conservative offensive philosophy too.

I am so tired of defending Huards good play, that I hope they decide to throw Croyles future away for you people. I hope they decide to go ahead and throw our season away for you.

Let's throw Croyle in there so he can take the beating that awaits any Chiefs quarterback right now. That way you can start the "Time to draft a quarterback" chants.

How about those recievers who were "bailing out" Huard by doing their jobs like they are supposed to?

Guess what. No. We are not there yet, but I am about to pull this thing over and say "to he** with it, we're here." You appearently have no interest in getting to where we are going, so yes. We are there. Now get out!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast