Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mahomes starting Sunday

Default Mahomes starting Sunday

Excited to see him play. A top level defense. Game doesn't matter from a win-loss matter for the Chiefs but still would love to see him get started with the W
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I saw that too Matt. Also heard Reid was going to rest some of the other starters. If Reid rests Hunt I'll be sad to see him miss the chance to be the leading rusher of the NFL.

This is a week where the biggest thing isn't getting the W it's not getting anyone hurt. It's a sacrifice that is worth the cause. Would hate to see someone go down in the last game and hurt us in the playoffs.

This is also those weeks where Andy just flat out refused to give Hunt the ball come into play I'm still a bit miffed at that
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This is a week where the biggest thing isn't getting the W it's not getting anyone hurt. It's a sacrifice that is worth the cause. Would hate to see someone go down in the last game and hurt us in the playoffs.
    I know. It's the right thing to do. Losing a star in a meaningless game would be stupid. But it doesn't stop me from feeling bad for the kid losing a chance to be the best in the NFL this year.

This is also those weeks where Andy just flat out refused to give Hunt the ball come into play I'm still a bit miffed at that
    Yup. Reid screwed that pooch for a few weeks with his playcalling. I'm a Reid fan and I don't deny it. But like everybody he has flaws. And his playcalling after the Denver win was an important part of the problem. I also think there were other problems that we simply didn't see. But then "other problems" are the responsibility of the HC so they fall on Reid as well.

It's weird but yes no injuries really are the goal...but I hope that everyone that's starting is preparing to play this game like they mean to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I saw that too Matt. Also heard Reid was going to rest some of the other starters. If Reid rests Hunt I'll be sad to see him miss the chance to be the leading rusher of the NFL.
    Well the thin with Hunt is the fact we really only have West as a back up. The other Hunt is more of a scat back.

I think Reid is doing the right thing here. Seeing Mahomes play will be fun. As Seek mentioned we have West & Hunt. No reason to put them in jeopardy. I still want that double-digit regular season record though.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    It's weird but yes no injuries really are the goal...but I hope that everyone that's starting is preparing to play this game like they mean to win it.
    Yup! Resting the starters is the right thing. And the guys that will be starting this week need to get out there and kick some Broncos tail. They need to show that they belong on the payroll and that they deserve a shot at being a starter. This is their BIG CHANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Well the thin with Hunt is the fact we really only have West as a back up. The other Hunt is more of a scat back.
    ABSOLUTELY! Losing Hunt in a game that has no impact on the playoffs would be really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    I think Reid is doing the right thing here. Seeing Mahomes play will be fun. As Seek mentioned we have West & Hunt. No reason to put them in jeopardy. I still want that double-digit regular season record though.
    What record is this you speak of? Please enlighten me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast