Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post season New Year same Ending #FIREANDY

Default Post season New Year same Ending #FIREANDY

Another season has come and broken our hearts. The term forward progress will trigger me for a while. But after a couple of days, I think we can talk about the season.

To me, our season can be summed up in one word. INCONSISTENT

Offense The bookends of our season the offense was at the top of their game. Hot start hot finish the middle was lackluster, to say the least. And that carried over to the playoff game. Hot start then faltered. What makes this even more frustrating we made changes by the end of the year. But in the playoff game, Andy Reid couldn't help himself a hot start then the return to the screens and ignore the NFL RUSHING CHAMPION. The players have shown they can be a VERY hard offense to stop the coaching showed that it couldn't stay out of the way. That is what makes the end all the more frustrating.

Defense. Like the offense INCONSISTENT. You never knew what D was going to take the field. Yes, they had some injuries. But there were weeks they were still able to give us a chance to win the football game. There were others when you couldn't even tell that we fielded a defense. While I don't really think there is any chance that Andy gets fired I think we have seen the last of Bob Sutton in KC. Hopefully, this will be of help to the defense. There are some very talented players on the defense that just did not play up to their talent level much of the season and for that, I have to think that the coaching wasn't where it needed to be.

Overall there were many causes of death for this years team. But mainly stubbornness. Stubbornness to change what wasn't working and hasn't worked for 5 years. This is one of the most frustrating ends to a season that I have seen yet. And seeing that we won't be making a head coaching change I just can't say that I expect any different next season. Overall IMO Andy Reid being Andy Ried is the cause of death.

All that being said there is still the excitement of a top-level potential franchise QB. To see him develop will be very fun. And worth the watch. And while as frustrated as I am with this team I still can't wait to see next season. GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    It was like they ran their scripted plays, with good success, and then couldn't figure out how to adjust after that.
    But, as Coach rightly pointed out, when you only run 11 offensive plays in an entire half, it's the defense, specifically the run defense, that determined our collapse and early playoff exit.
    I got a feeling all 3 of our draft picks (ouch) will be on defense.
    Unless Reid and co can pull off a Kevin Costner Draft Day miracle.
    Yup.....Hopefully Reid can find some team that wants Alex enough to be willing to pay a pretty penny for him. Good to see you back Bike.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 01-13-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Yup.....Hopefully Reid can find some team that wants Alex enough to be willing to pay a pretty penny for him. Good to see you back Bike.
    Thank you. This is actually my favorite time to be on here, while we're making personnel changes and building towards a super bowl. I get too frustrated during the regular season, as the inevitable seems to always happen, as it has the past half century.
    Sorry I was a jerk to you guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    It's really not so much of conspiracy theory as it is Reid just covering for his guys. While I don't get the Marty comparisons there are two things they have in common 1) Lots of wins and 2) Both sprouted big coaching trees.
    I know. I was just being a little playful by using the term "conspiracy theory". And yeah...Reid manages the same way I do. When there is blame to be placed he always puts it on his own head, never on his staff or his players. And he'll always go the "extra mile" to help out one of "his people". "If we go down we all go down together." I'm still in touch with people that worked for me in my first management job in the early 80s.

My irritation is that the league could solve this by just putting a rule in place that barred teams from interviewing coaches from playoff teams during the postseason. Then Reid wouldn't have to worry about it.
    Yup. This constant poaching of our staff while we're still playing annoys the living ship out of me. It would still annoy me if it happened after the season but nowhere near as much as it does while we are still playing football. Just as there is a "tampering period" for free agents, there should be a "poaching season" that starts after the Super Bowl ends.

Can't help but get the feeling that we've seen part of this movie before...Keep in mind Reid got full control of football operations in Philly, too. Look at how that ended. I've said it before I'll say it again, don't want to see Reid get fired, just want the guy to own up and make changes on his own accord, not changes shoved down his throat. If he does that, I think KC will be holding another Lombardi. If not, brace yourselves for more games like the last one.
    NO DOUBT Dugstr! Old time Philly fans are probably saying..."OMG!!! He's doing it again!" And yup, it WORRIES ME. But I think it is simply part of his competitiveness. He figures he's the best so he wants to have control so that he can PROVE he's the best. I can't really fault him for it. But there is an upside to this. There are no possible excuses any more. It's completely Reid's show. Sink or swim. 3-4 years and we'll know if he floats or sinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Thank you. This is actually my favorite time to be on here, while we're making personnel changes and building towards a super bowl. I get too frustrated during the regular season, as the inevitable seems to always happen, as it has the past half century.
    Sorry I was a jerk to you guys...
    NO WORRIES BIKE! Just glad to see you back. I've seen it happen in other forums before. The "old timers" get nervous when a new guy shows up and starts making a lot of posts. And yeah...sometimes I talk too much. Been that way since I learned to talk almost 60 years ago. I just really like talking about the Chiefs. And I do have a small ulterior motive. The more posts we have the more and higher we appear on search engines and that in turn increases the chances we get new members. And we could use a few of them. :) I must say that I have become very fond of the off-season since I joined here. This place makes it "Chiefs Season" all year long. :) Besides...a lot of the folks here know a hell of a lot more about football than I do so I learn a lot here and thereby become a better Chiefs fan. And then there's C4L....I still want him to tell me who his inside tipster is. Whoever it is comes up with some AMAZING predictions.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 01-13-2018 at 12:20 PM.

CT had his closing this is my closing argument right here #FIREANDY
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Absolutely Agree Matt! In the playoff game the Chiefs showed up in the first half, went into the locker room and the Chefs (from the water boy to the head coach) came back out for the second half of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    CT had his closing this is my closing argument right here #FIREANDY
    Yeah, I think Reid has some 'splainin to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yeah, I think Reid has some 'splainin to do.
    I've heard for years and years that this is a QB driven league And while that QB spot is important I agree I strongly believe this is a COACHING DRIVEN LEAGUE

Just look at the final 4 QBs. Foles,Keenum.Bortles are the 3 going with Brady.

Brady's team over the years has found a way to win without him when they needed to.

COACHING COACHING COACHING that's why I think the Andy thing is so freaking important. Until we fix that I don't think things are going to change
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

A part of me wants to see Foles in the SB cause I think he has earned it but I think the Vikings D is too good

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    A part of me wants to see Foles in the SB cause I think he has earned it but I think the Vikings D is too good
    Definitely agree about wanting to see Foles do good. He did well for us filling in for Alex.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast