Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Post season New Year same Ending #FIREANDY

Default Post season New Year same Ending #FIREANDY

Another season has come and broken our hearts. The term forward progress will trigger me for a while. But after a couple of days, I think we can talk about the season.

To me, our season can be summed up in one word. INCONSISTENT

Offense The bookends of our season the offense was at the top of their game. Hot start hot finish the middle was lackluster, to say the least. And that carried over to the playoff game. Hot start then faltered. What makes this even more frustrating we made changes by the end of the year. But in the playoff game, Andy Reid couldn't help himself a hot start then the return to the screens and ignore the NFL RUSHING CHAMPION. The players have shown they can be a VERY hard offense to stop the coaching showed that it couldn't stay out of the way. That is what makes the end all the more frustrating.

Defense. Like the offense INCONSISTENT. You never knew what D was going to take the field. Yes, they had some injuries. But there were weeks they were still able to give us a chance to win the football game. There were others when you couldn't even tell that we fielded a defense. While I don't really think there is any chance that Andy gets fired I think we have seen the last of Bob Sutton in KC. Hopefully, this will be of help to the defense. There are some very talented players on the defense that just did not play up to their talent level much of the season and for that, I have to think that the coaching wasn't where it needed to be.

Overall there were many causes of death for this years team. But mainly stubbornness. Stubbornness to change what wasn't working and hasn't worked for 5 years. This is one of the most frustrating ends to a season that I have seen yet. And seeing that we won't be making a head coaching change I just can't say that I expect any different next season. Overall IMO Andy Reid being Andy Ried is the cause of death.

All that being said there is still the excitement of a top-level potential franchise QB. To see him develop will be very fun. And worth the watch. And while as frustrated as I am with this team I still can't wait to see next season. GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Well said CT. I’m not in the fire Andy camp for many of the reasons you mentioned. But I am in favor of someone else calling plays and a new defensive coordinator and potentially a new defensive scheme. We need to find a way to stop the run and play more consistently on both sides of the ball.
    Agreed! Remember when it was the pass we couldn't stop? Now that we can defend the pass much better it's the run that is killing us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345