Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free agents (of note) - Who do we sign? Who do we let go.

Default Free agents (of note) - Who do we sign? Who do we let go.

Bennie Logan
    Dustin Colquitt
    Anthony Sherman
    Tyler Bray
    CJ Spiller
    Jarvis Jenkins
    Rakeem Nunes-Roches
    Ramik Wilson
    Phillip Gaines
    De'Anthony Thomas
    Kevin Pierre-Lewis
    Zack Fulton
    Kenneth Acker
    Stephan Charles
    Terrance Mitchell
    SHUT IT

I'll start it off:
    Anybody on defense that caved to a Tennessee team that got demolished by the Pats - let 'em go.

I would like to bring Roches back but the rest eh

Zack Fulton keep.

Dustin Colquitt we must keep. He's such a keeper punter.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Roches
    Colquit
    Fulton
    Bailey

Would be my choice to bring back.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Roches
    Colquit
    Fulton
    Bailey

Would be my choice to bring back.
    Bailey not a free agent (1 year left on contract).

Well....IMO I don't think we lose much by letting Spiller and Gaines go.

Bray was miserable in the Denver game but I have to wonder if that was just jitters.

Bennie Logan didn't do badly but he didn't do $7.9 million good so I'd like to see him stay if we could get him for less money but I doubt that will happen.

I also would prefer we kept Colquitt but I fear he'll be too expensive to keep.

Sherman did pretty well against Denver's so called "Elite" Defense so I'd like to see him stay if we can get him on the cheap.

DAT hasn't been bad, but he hasn't done much either. So I think he is gone.

Roches, Fulton and KPL I think are all worth keeping but again, it depends on how much money they want.

Basically, my feeling about most of them is that we should let them test the free agent market but ask their respective agents to let us know what the best offer they get is and give us the opportunity to match. A few of them I'd really like to keep, but it depends on cap space and how much cash they feel their services are worth. To me most of them are sorta like bubble-players. Of course a LOT of this depends on what happens with Alex. One thing for certain though...with depleted draft picks replacing so many people is going to mean a lot of free agents, UDFA, waiver-wire and practice squad types. I don't think we are going to have a huge amount of cash to be picking up expensive free agents. Veach is going to have his work cut out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Well....IMO I don't think we lose much by letting Spiller and Gaines go.

Bray was miserable in the Denver game but I have to wonder if that was just jitters.

Bennie Logan didn't do badly but he didn't do $7.9 million good so I'd like to see him stay if we could get him for less money but I doubt that will happen.

I also would prefer we kept Colquitt but I fear he'll be too expensive to keep.

Sherman did pretty well against Denver's so called "Elite" Defense so I'd like to see him stay if we can get him on the cheap.

DAT hasn't been bad, but he hasn't done much either. So I think he is gone.

Roches, Fulton and KPL I think are all worth keeping but again, it depends on how much money they want.

Basically, my feeling about most of them is that we should let them test the free agent market but ask their respective agents to let us know what the best offer they get is and give us the opportunity to match. A few of them I'd really like to keep, but it depends on cap space and how much cash they feel their services are worth. To me most of them are sorta like bubble-players. Of course a LOT of this depends on what happens with Alex. One thing for certain though...with depleted draft picks replacing so many people is going to mean a lot of free agents, UDFA, waiver-wire and practice squad types. I don't think we are going to have a huge amount of cash to be picking up expensive free agents. Veach is going to have his work cut out for him.
    Bray truly sucks that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Bray truly sucks that bad
    I'm not saying he doesn't. Just saying I don't know. Other than the Denver game I haven't seen him do anything bad or good so I can write that off to jitters but I haven't seen all his appearances in pre-season games so to me he is still pretty much an enigma.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast