Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bob Sutton - Why is he still here?

Default Bob Sutton - Why is he still here?

Worse defense in the league. Poor game-planning. Poor in-game adjustments. Poor use of players to their strengths. Sutton should have been released the day after the Tennessee collapse.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    There's so many holes on the D to fix, so many injuries, I'm not sure where to begin on Sutton. Just going by the rankings alone I'd say let Sutton go, but think we really shot ourselves in the foot when we signed Berry and let Poe go, only to watch Berry get injured at the beginning of the season. We also didn't do ourselves any favors in the previous offseason by addressing our cornerback situation, and Darrell Revis was a Band-Aid on a bullet hole.

My big concern is that Reid ran a lot of 4-3 defenses when he was in Philly, and if he decides to let Sutton go would want to switch back to a 4-3. With our current roster that would be an even worse disaster, and it would create more holes to plug.
    And as things stand now we don't have cap or draft picks to plug holes with.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    And as things stand now we don't have cap or draft picks to plug holes with.
    That's it in a nutshell. Veach better be working some phones on a killer trade deal for Alex Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    That's it in a nutshell. Veach better be working some phones on a killer trade deal for Alex Smith.
    Yeah....we're caught between a rock and a hard place. Our once great Defense is aging and the ones that are aging are the leaders. Yet at the same time we mortgaged our future to get Mahomes and so as things stand now we don't have the draft capital to bring in the new AND CHEAP blood our Defense desperately needs. I don't know if Reid and Dorsey realized it at the time but they made a very dangerous gamble. They bet the Chiefs future on what we could trade Alex for this year. If we can recoup most of what we gave up to get Mahomes by trading Smith and Veach uses the picks we get from the trade well then we are all set for several years. Alternatively, if we can't trade Alex for some serious draft capital then Mahomes may be in the same situation he was in college....no defense and trying to win a shootout every week. And we know how that went. The implications of the trade to get Mahomes are really starting to sink in for me. I worry that we are going to be forced to turn into "Air Coryell".

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Yeah....we're caught between a rock and a hard place. Our once great Defense is aging and the ones that are aging are the leaders. Yet at the same time we mortgaged our future to get Mahomes and so as things stand now we don't have the draft capital to bring in the new AND CHEAP blood our Defense desperately needs. I don't know if Reid and Dorsey realized it at the time but they made a very dangerous gamble. They bet the Chiefs future on what we could trade Alex for this year. If we can recoup most of what we gave up to get Mahomes by trading Smith and Veach uses the picks we get from the trade well then we are all set for several years. Alternatively, if we can't trade Alex for some serious draft capital then Mahomes may be in the same situation he was in college....no defense and trying to win a shootout every week. And we know how that went. The implications of the trade to get Mahomes are really starting to sink in for me. I worry that we are going to be forced to turn into "Air Coryell".
    All we're gonna get at most is a second pick for Alex, but probably a third. (I'd like both lol) But I'm just going by what san fran gave for garoppolo. Do you think that one pick will make all the difference if we sink or swim? I guess we could trade it for a couple later round picks, and, of course, it decreases our cap.
    Don't be surprised if Alex stays right here and plays out his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    All we're gonna get at most is a second pick for Alex, but probably a third. (I'd like both lol) But I'm just going by what san fran gave for garoppolo. Do you think that one pick will make all the difference if we sink or swim? I guess we could trade it for a couple later round picks, and, of course, it decreases our cap.
    Don't be surprised if Alex stays right here and plays out his contract.
    Y'know Bike I'm not at all against Alex playing out his contract. Not one bit. I'm just being fatalistic and saying I don't think it will happen. We're facing a triple-edged sword....no cap space, limited draft picks and a Defense that needs a major overhaul. I don't see how we fix all 3 problems while still keeping Alex.

Titans make Mike Vrabel the new Head Coach

It will be interesting to see what Vrabel does as a HC.

Back to thread topic - Sutton should have been fired two weeks ago. Probably Reid, too. So, there you go. Another year of one and done (if we're lucky) coming up.

Hey atleaat we can feel better since we beat both teams that are in superbowl. Amd one of the head coaches came from kc. Or that might just be salt to the wound. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Hey atleaat we can feel better since we beat both teams that are in superbowl. Amd one of the head coaches came from kc. Or that might just be salt to the wound. Lol
    Salt to the wound. Pederson put together a Superbowl team in 2 years. Reid - well, not so much.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast