Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 contracts

Default 2019 contracts

The Contracts of Marcus Peters, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones, Kendall Fuller and Reggie Ragland all expire after the 2019 season. yeesh

Why did we pick up the 5th year option on the oft-injured under-performing Ford? Now we pay him 8.5 mil whether he plays or not. Not a smart move considering our salary cap position.

I think they might cut ford

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I think they might cut ford
    And swallow the 8.5 mil? That money is guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    And swallow the 8.5 mil? That money is guaranteed.
    I think tgat depends if he paasea a physical in March when 5th yr option opt out deadline happens.

Also i dont see marcus peters being easy to resugn or extend. His deamenor makes me think he will ask for the sky. I dont see him a long time chief.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I think tgat depends if he paasea a physical in March when 5th yr option opt out deadline happens.
    I think there is an injury clause that pays him if he passed the physical or not.

Also i dont see marcus peters being easy to resugn or extend. His deamenor makes me think he will ask for the sky. I dont see him a long time chief.
    I agree, and that's fine by me. Almost never has it worked out when this organization decided to pony up and pay a bigtime player bigtime money. Justin Houston has never been the same since he got $20mm/yr. Bowe progressively got worse after he got paid. There's exceptions, but it seems for the most part it hasn't worked out for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I agree, and that's fine by me. Almost never has it worked out when this organization decided to pony up and pay a bigtime player bigtime money. Justin Houston has never been the same since he got $20mm/yr. Bowe progressively got worse after he got paid. There's exceptions, but it seems for the most part it hasn't worked out for the Chiefs.
    Yeah the Qb position and pass ruaher is the only spot i would ever wamt chiefs to break the bank for. I just hope chiefs are smart enough to draft good so we arent in a tough position where we habe to overpay cuz we in that dier need. We should always draft to groom and replace. Justin Houston really dissapointed this year. Last year against den the few games he olayed he had a monster game then thia year you barely even noticed him on the feild.

I heard he failed the physical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast