Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As if it couldn't possibly get any freakin' worse...Sigh...

Default As if it couldn't possibly get any freakin' worse...Sigh...

Kansas City Chief Larry Johnson Out for Season
    Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST Created: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST
    KANSAS CITY -- Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season. This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.
    According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers.
    However Anderson has learned that Johnson has a broken bone in the left foot.
    So far this season Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards.
    That total has had Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry who’s 13th with 580 yards.
    While this injury is bad news for Johnson, it’s a bright spot for the Broncos who’s last ranked rush defense who won’t have to face him.

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=3.2.1
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    man, you are about as bad as Debbie Downer. WTF. brighten up, turn that frown upside down, show some optimism.

remember, brodie is a very different quarterback than huard. that is why we have to take a risk and see if brody, being more mobile and able to throw the long bombs, is a better quarterback for the team that we have.

it is a risk. but DAMN dont tell us for sure...what if he sucks...

hey ill answer that....what if he sucks? then he sucks. and life goes on, as it always has. Welcome to life. If he does go in and play bad, Huard hasnt left, he will still be there. dont get your panties all in a bunch. Let's see what this kid can do, good or bad.
    I never said he sucks I just stated how if he gets put in with the way the O line is playing he won't be as good as everyone thinks he will be. The O-line has to many ups and downs and why would be throw in a second year QB to get killed? I like Brodie and I hope he starts soon but not right now with the way the O-line is playing.

I like how if someone on this site doesn't go with the whole "Take Huard out" "Huard sucks" "Huard is going to run the Chiefs for years to come" "Blame Huard, Huard, Huard!" then they are automatically jumped upon. I have the right to my opinion here and I don't think throwing Brodie in will help the team. I just don't want to see Brodie get thrown in there and his confidence shaken up and screw us up for years to come. Romo sat for a few and look at him. What's so wrong with Brodie sitting and watching and staying healthy instead of throwing him to the wolves behind our inconsistant Oline? Call me a homer all you want but I stay stick with Huard until we get a better line. Experience wins the day in my book.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    i agree about huard not getting pulled, but i strongly disagree on those stats. and thinking that other players will be doubled because a certain runningback isnt playing is wrong. The reason there are 9 in the box is cause the 9 players ONLY have to guard the middle (since LJ cant get around the outside) and they can also guard the secondary, like tony G (well they can TRY to guard him, no one can guard him).

They are going to have to pull a man out of the box now cause Priest will beat em around the outside of the field on a run OR screen pass. take your pick. Priest is going to change this offense and expose Larry Johnson's true weaknessess to the Chief's offense.

98.8% right. if i am wrong after sunday, you can shove this message in my face.

not gonna happen though. i am right.
    Thats why I put my projected stats here, I believe I will be right but I am willing to face the I told you so's. And I feel so dirty for giving you positive rep on a post, now that I see your rooting for LJ to be out for the season, why did ya have to go and do that for.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Thats why I put my projected stats here, I believe I will be right but I am willing to face the I told you so's. And I feel so dirty for giving you positive rep on a post, now that I see your rooting for LJ to be out for the season, why did ya have to go and do that for.
    You can also give negative rep...

I know, it has happened to me!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I wish they would put Grigsby in the game more. From what I have seen so far, they guy can run block very well. He's darn quick too.
    We might see Boomer more now, Priest would be more evective with a smash mouth blocker, and we don't have T Rich, and I don't think Kris Wilson can be. Priest and Kolby are like type of running backs. We might be alright, but wish that LJ will be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You can also give negative rep...

I know, it has happened to me!
    I have given negative rep once, I dont feel I will this time, as I have stated my feelings on it. I try to reserve negative rep for when it is without a doubt earned, I am on the fence on this. On you getting negative rep, Really I am shocked you got negative rep lol.

As of 750 Tuesday night ESPN News is still saying Foot Sprain very questionable on Sunday Vs the Broncos. Still havent heard anywhere that he is out for the year, and also doubt that even with a broken bone he would be out for the year although it is in his foot.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    As of 750 Tuesday night ESPN News is still saying Foot Sprain very questionable on Sunday Vs the Broncos. Still havent heard anywhere that he is out for the year, and also doubt that even with a broken bone he would be out for the year although it is in his foot.
    It happened to Shaun Alexander...

Default Update to the Original Post.

By JOSINA ANDERSON, Denver Sports Insider
    KANSAS CITY - Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season with a broken right foot.

This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.
    According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers. However, it was later determined that Johnson had suffered a fracture.
    According to the source, Johnson is seeking a second opinion on the injury. He arrived at the Chief's practice facility on crutches Tuesday.

So far this season, Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards. That total has Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry who’s 13th with 580 yards.
    While this injury is bad news for Johnson, it’s a bright spot for the Denver Broncos who’s last ranked rush defense who won’t have to face him this coming weekend.
    *Note: A previous version of our story indicated that Johnson had suffered a broken left foot. However, our source has since clarified that it was Johnson's right foot that was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    By JOSINA ANDERSON,Denver Sports Insider
    KANSAS CITY - Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season with a broken right foot.

This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.
    According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers. However, it was later determined that Johnson had suffered a fracture.
    According to the source, Johnson is seeking a second opinion on the injury. He arrived at the Chief's practice facility on crutches Tuesday.

So far this season, Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards. That total has Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry who’s 13th with 580 yards.
    While this injury is bad news for Johnson, it’s a bright spot for the Denver Broncos who’s last ranked rush defense who won’t have to face him this coming weekend.
    *Note: A previous version of our story indicated that Johnson had suffered a broken left foot. However, our source has since clarified that it was Johnson's right foot that was injured.

Dang Denver press sports writers. He just wrote it to scare us.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Good Thing The Donks Have The Worst Run D In The League! Preist Could Have A Good Day!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast