Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: As if it couldn't possibly get any freakin' worse...Sigh...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default As if it couldn't possibly get any freakin' worse...Sigh...


    0 Not allowed!
    Kansas City Chief Larry Johnson Out for Season
    Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST Created: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST
    KANSAS CITY -- Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season. This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.
    According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers.
    However Anderson has learned that Johnson has a broken bone in the left foot.
    So far this season Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards.
    That total has had Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry whos 13th with 580 yards.
    While this injury is bad news for Johnson, its a bright spot for the Broncos whos last ranked rush defense who wont have to face him.


    http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=3.2.1
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,713
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Kansas City Chief Larry Johnson Out for Season
    Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST Created: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST
    KANSAS CITY -- Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season. This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.
    According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers.
    However Anderson has learned that Johnson has a broken bone in the left foot.
    So far this season Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards.
    That total has had Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry whos 13th with 580 yards.
    While this injury is bad news for Johnson, its a bright spot for the Broncos whos last ranked rush defense who wont have to face him.


    http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=3.2.1
    That sucks if it is confirmed. Looks like Priest and Kolby will have to carry the load. We should be alright.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This might be very unpopular, but if LJ is out for the season, is now maybe the time to throw in Croyle, because even though LJ hasn't had a stellar game this year yet he has taken a lot of the coverage that would have went to TG, Bowe or others, if LJ goes on IR then I would say this may actually be the end of the season, I dont want to believe that but I almost have to.

    Would have to say it is time to take out the veterans and get the rooks some playing time. I hope I am proven wrong but seriously. Ouch the other questions is, can LJ use time on IR be on the sidelines working with Kolby Smith and even Priest and work on his perception among a large part of Chiefs fans by not going home and sitting around getting paid. I would like for him to spend a lot of time around the team if nothing more then a cheerleader while he cant play.

    Also even if it is a broken foot is he really out for the year, I wont fully believe this till the KC Star or KCChiefs.com has it, or at least it is on NFL network or ESPN




  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    This might be very unpopular, but if LJ is out for the season, is now maybe the time to throw in Croyle, because even though LJ hasn't had a stellar game this year yet he has taken a lot of the coverage that would have went to TG, Bowe or others, if LJ goes on IR then I would say this may actually be the end of the season, I dont want to believe that but I almost have to.

    Would have to say it is time to take out the veterans and get the rooks some playing time. I hope I am proven wrong but seriously. Ouch the other questions is, can LJ use time on IR be on the sidelines working with Kolby Smith and even Priest and work on his perception among a large part of Chiefs fans by not going home and sitting around getting paid. I would like for him to spend a lot of time around the team if nothing more then a cheerleader while he cant play.

    Also even if it is a broken foot is he really out for the year, I wont fully believe this till the KC Star or KCChiefs.com has it, or at least it is on NFL network or ESPN

    Unfortunately when discussing the Chiefs the worst news is usually right.

    Sigh...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,713
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    This might be very unpopular, but if LJ is out for the season, is now maybe the time to throw in Croyle, because even though LJ hasn't had a stellar game this year yet he has taken a lot of the coverage that would have went to TG, Bowe or others, if LJ goes on IR then I would say this may actually be the end of the season, I dont want to believe that but I almost have to.

    Would have to say it is time to take out the veterans and get the rooks some playing time. I hope I am proven wrong but seriously. Ouch the other questions is, can LJ use time on IR be on the sidelines working with Kolby Smith and even Priest and work on his perception among a large part of Chiefs fans by not going home and sitting around getting paid. I would like for him to spend a lot of time around the team if nothing more then a cheerleader while he cant play.

    Also even if it is a broken foot is he really out for the year, I wont fully believe this till the KC Star or KCChiefs.com has it, or at least it is on NFL network or ESPN
    Next thing you are going to say is "Since KC Wolf is on IR maybe we should throw in Croyle" Croyle will start evntually. I am starting to get to the point I want Croyle to start and perform just like Huard is right now just to prove to you that it is not the QB's fault the Offense is lackluster. So what happens when Brodie gets thrown in there and he does terrible and his confidence is killed and he never plays to his ability. It doesn't matter how skilled a player is at his position if he doesn't have some protection.

    Think of it this way, Dale Earnhadrt wouldn't have been the dominant force in Nascar if he drove a golfcart.

    Without the proper supporting cast in place Brodie will have the same problems as Huard, so would Brady, Manning, and Joe Montana. Think of McNabb this year, his team is sucking this year and he got sacked 12 times against the Giants. I think he is a great QB and he has a crappy line right now and he is struggling. Brodie wouldn't be able to throw down the field lying on his back either.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Next thing you are going to say is "Since KC Wolf is on IR maybe we should throw in Croyle" Croyle will start evntually. I am starting to get to the point I want Croyle to start and perform just like Huard is right now just to prove to you that it is not the QB's fault the Offense is lackluster. So what happens when Brodie gets thrown in there and he does terrible and his confidence is killed and he never plays to his ability. It doesn't matter how skilled a player is at his position if he doesn't have some protection.

    Think of it this way, Dale Earnhadrt wouldn't have been the dominant force in Nascar if he drove a golfcart.

    Without the proper supporting cast in place Brodie will have the same problems as Huard, so would Brady, Manning, and Joe Montana. Think of McNabb this year, his team is sucking this year and he got sacked 12 times against the Giants. I think he is a great QB and he has a crappy line right now and he is struggling. Brodie wouldn't be able to throw down the field lying on his back either.
    man, you are about as bad as Debbie Downer. WTF. brighten up, turn that frown upside down, show some optimism.

    remember, brodie is a very different quarterback than huard. that is why we have to take a risk and see if brody, being more mobile and able to throw the long bombs, is a better quarterback for the team that we have.

    it is a risk. but DAMN dont tell us for sure...what if he sucks...

    hey ill answer that....what if he sucks? then he sucks. and life goes on, as it always has. Welcome to life. If he does go in and play bad, Huard hasnt left, he will still be there. dont get your panties all in a bunch. Let's see what this kid can do, good or bad.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Here is my prediction It is 6 PM Tuesday night, If LJ is out for any extended period of time, After game one Huard is benched, without teams game planning for LJ (which I do know they are getting away from it a little before he got hurt) then Huard will be very much worse then he has been so far this season. Priest I hope is up to form but I dont believe he is 100% yet, I think Kolby might show us something.

    Anyway my predictions for game against Broncos.

    Huard Passer Rating Under 60.
    Huard at least 3 Ints and 5 sacks taken.
    Priest 65 yards 1 td
    Kolby Smith 20 yards 0 TDs,
    Bowe no stats, (Huard wont have time to get it to him.
    TG 35 yards (because he is being doubled now that LJ is out.
    Kris Wilson (that was a joke)
    Jeff Webb 50 yards ( he will be unaccounted for and the first and only target for Huard.

    Huard should be pulled by half time but wont. In fact he may still get the start the following game against Indy.




  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Actually if KC Wolf goes on IR then Drunks will rule the field, HH if KC goes down I will get you a ticket. LOL.

    Also Timsatt rep for that last post.





  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Here is my prediction It is 6 PM Tuesday night, If LJ is out for any extended period of time, After game one Huard is benched, without teams game planning for LJ (which I do know they are getting away from it a little before he got hurt) then Huard will be very much worse then he has been so far this season. Priest I hope is up to form but I dont believe he is 100% yet, I think Kolby might show us something.

    Anyway my predictions for game against Broncos.

    Huard Passer Rating Under 60.
    Huard at least 3 Ints and 5 sacks taken.
    Priest 65 yards 1 td
    Kolby Smith 20 yards 0 TDs,
    Bowe no stats, (Huard wont have time to get it to him.
    TG 35 yards (because he is being doubled now that LJ is out.
    Kris Wilson (that was a joke)
    Jeff Webb 50 yards ( he will be unaccounted for and the first and only target for Huard.

    Huard should be pulled by half time but wont. In fact he may still get the start the following game against Indy.
    i agree about huard not getting pulled, but i strongly disagree on those stats. and thinking that other players will be doubled because a certain runningback isnt playing is wrong. The reason there are 9 in the box is cause the 9 players ONLY have to guard the middle (since LJ cant get around the outside) and they can also guard the secondary, like tony G (well they can TRY to guard him, no one can guard him).

    They are going to have to pull a man out of the box now cause Priest will beat em around the outside of the field on a run OR screen pass. take your pick. Priest is going to change this offense and expose Larry Johnson's true weaknessess to the Chief's offense.

    98.8% right. if i am wrong after sunday, you can shove this message in my face.

    not gonna happen though. i am right.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I wish they would put Grigsby in the game more. From what I have seen so far, they guy can run block very well. He's darn quick too.

    Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •