Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As if it couldn't possibly get any freakin' worse...Sigh...

Default As if it couldn't possibly get any freakin' worse...Sigh...

Kansas City Chief Larry Johnson Out for Season
    Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST Created: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST
    KANSAS CITY -- Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season. This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.
    According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers.
    However Anderson has learned that Johnson has a broken bone in the left foot.
    So far this season Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards.
    That total has had Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry who’s 13th with 580 yards.
    While this injury is bad news for Johnson, it’s a bright spot for the Broncos who’s last ranked rush defense who won’t have to face him.

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=3.2.1
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You can also give negative rep...

I know, it has happened to me!
    You??????

No!!!!!!! :p

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    As of 750 Tuesday night ESPN News is still saying Foot Sprain very questionable on Sunday Vs the Broncos. Still havent heard anywhere that he is out for the year, and also doubt that even with a broken bone he would be out for the year although it is in his foot.
    A broken bone in the foot would easily sideline him for the rest of this season.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

TD and Solomon Wilcox were talking about LJ on the NFL Network.

TD said it is serious, TDs quote.
    "Oh it is serious. I had the exact same injury, that mid foot sprain in 2000, and I remember trying to come back after 3 weeks and I was never fully healthy. The problem with it is you cannot extend your toe off the balls of your feet. As a running back you need to be able to explode with your feet. If you cannot do that you will not be very productive. As a matter of fact this is an injury that lingers. And after that I had that injury I had a stress fracture and shin splints and it just let to other problems, so he might come back in three to four weeks but he wont be fully healthy."

To that Solomon Wilcox said.
    "I think he is gonna lack the elusiveness and the power needed to break tackles..."
    We are hearing now from Herm Edwards He may increase his (Priests) load to 15 carries per game. I predict he is going to need more then that from Priest Holmes, but knowing Priest the way that I do,he is going to be able to, I think bounce back and lift this football team, because Priest is the kinda guy that he sees this as an opportunity, uh oh the door just opened for me to get my job back in Kansas City. Do not sleep on Priest Holmes He will produce."

TD came back with "isn't this the same way that Larry Johnson got his start."

As much as I hate to say this, At this point even without the break, IR might be the best option, bring in a couple new O-Line People try them out, bring in Kolby to test the O-Line I guess (toss up I don't want to break Kolby but don't want to injure Priest, but want to try new things at O-Line cause what we have isn't working.

I also don't want LJ to come back too early and get further possibly career changing or ending injuries. And yes part of that is wanting to protect our RB but part of it is not wanting all that money to go to waste, or have the doubters saying see I told you he wasn't that good, and we should have traded him, just because he tries to play injured and gets further injured.

Are they saying the bone in the left foot was broken prior to the play that sprained his right foot?????

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Are they saying the bone in the left foot was broken prior to the play that sprained his right foot?????
    I dont believe so, the place in Denver is saying it is broke and they got this from a reliable source. I think it is just too convenient that a place from Denver has a story of LJ breaking his foot before anyone from KC hears about it and also that they cant even get the foot right. I think it is just wishful thinking for them because the Donks suck so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    I dont believe so, the place in Denver is saying it is broke and they got this from a reliable source. I think it is just too convenient that a place from Denver has a story of LJ breaking his foot before anyone from KC hears about it and also that they cant even get the foot right. I think it is just wishful thinking for them because the Donks suck so bad.
    I kind of thought the same thing when they were reporting 2 different feet!!

Kansas City Chief Larry Johnson Out for Season
    Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST Created: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 2:19 PM MST
    KANSAS CITY -- Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season. This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.
    According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers.
    However Anderson has learned that Johnson has a broken bone in the left foot.
    So far this season Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards.
    That total has had Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry who’s 13th with 580 yards.
    While this injury is bad news for Johnson, it’s a bright spot for the Broncos who’s last ranked rush defense who won’t have to face him.

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=3.2.1
    I have since been informed that it was his right foot that was injured. This my well be a hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Dang Denver press sports writers. He just wrote it to scare us.
    Yup the key word here being "Denver"

By JOSINA ANDERSON, Denver Sports Insider
    KANSAS CITY - Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is out for the season with a broken right foot.

This was confirmed by a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation.
    According to the Chiefs initially, Johnson had suffered a mid-foot sprain in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's 33-22 loss to the Packers. However, it was later determined that Johnson had suffered a fracture.
    According to the source, Johnson is seeking a second opinion on the injury. He arrived at the Chief's practice facility on crutches Tuesday.

So far this season, Johnson has rushed 158 times for 559 yards. That total has Johnson ranked 14th in the league-just behind Travis Henry who’s 13th with 580 yards.
    While this injury is bad news for Johnson, it’s a bright spot for the Denver Broncos who’s last ranked rush defense who won’t have to face him this coming weekend.
    *Note: A previous version of our story indicated that Johnson had suffered a broken left foot. However, our source has since clarified that it was Johnson's right foot that was injured.

The source didn't report the wrong foot, the paper did.

I posted this correction after they put it up on their site.

I saw the guys foot get rolled, and it was bad.

It looked like hit toes got rolled all the way back to his ankle.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

The source didn't report the wrong foot, the paper did.

I posted this correction after they put it up on their site.

I saw the guys foot get rolled, and it was bad.

It looked like hit toes got rolled all the way back to his ankle.
    He most certainly could have broken something. But appearently the Denver paper was using some guess-work here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast