Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Dbo had a hamstring injury during the game... I didn't know it was that bad.

Default So Dbo had a hamstring injury during the game... I didn't know it was that bad.

Chiefs About to Face Reality

By Andy Benoit, NFL Contributing Editor
    (Sports Network) - If you couldn't tell Sunday, what happened to the Chiefs was this: led by their sturdy young defense, they went up against another team (Green Bay) with a sturdy young defense. Both clubs jousted for three quarters and, in the end, one club pulled away because it had a superstar quarterback.
    You probably don't need any clues for figuring out who we're talking about.
    Yes, Sunday's Packers-Chiefs outcome was quite simple, really. Brett Favre simply did to Kansas City what he did to Denver six days before: broke its back with the long ball.
    "I thought we had him bottled up (early), but in the last five minutes, he made all the big plays," said venerable Chiefs veteran linebacker Donnie Edwards, recalling Kansas City's two first half interceptions of Number Four. "We had the opportunity to seal the deal and didn't get it done. That (60-yard touchdown pass to Greg Jennings) was the deal-breaker."
    Live and learn if you're Kansas City. And, move on.
    The Chiefs are still atop the AFC West division, thanks to the dreadful road outing put forth by the San Diego Chargers up in Minnesota. With a record of 4-4, Herman Edwards's team welcomes the reeling 3-5 Broncos to Arrowhead on Sunday. The Chargers host the now angry 7-1 Indianapolis Colts.
    The Chiefs have a golden opportunity to take command of their division, though that opportunity comes with one little caveat: they'll most likely have to do it without Larry Johnson. The mercurial star was injured late in Sunday's loss to Green Bay when his right foot got caught underneath him as he was being tackled out in the flat. The Chiefs are calling Johnson's injury a mid-foot sprain.
    "They're running some more tests," coach Herm Edwards said late Monday afternoon. "(Johnson) came in to get treatment, but they took an MRI and they're still studying it. We won't know for sure until probably (Tuesday) sometime exactly what the severity is and if he's going to be out, and if so, how long."
    Johnson, who rushed for just 53 yards on 19 carries but did have a 30-yard touchdown reception on a screen pass, left Arrowhead Stadium on crutches, wearing a boot.
    If the $45 million star is unable to go, Kansas City will have to rely on the recently returned Priest Holmes. Many never figured to see Holmes back on the field, let alone starting.
    Through two games, Holmes has just 19 total yards on nine touches. At 34 years old and still shaking rust from his two-year, injury-induced hiatus, it is almost silly to think he can carry a feature back's load by himself in Week 10.
    "We'll probably have to do some things different," said Edwards of his team's running back situation. "You can't give Priest all those carries, obviously. (Rookie Kolby) Smith will have to play, too, if Larry can't go."

WHO'S HOT
    With wide receiver Dwayne Bowe out with a hamstring injury for much of the Green Bay game, Kansas City needed tight end Tony Gonzalez to step up in the worst of ways. He did. Gonzalez caught 10 passes for 109 yards and a touchdown. The rest of the Chiefs tight end/wide receiving corps had five catches for 54 yards.

WHO'S NOT
    The entire Chiefs secondary had a tough game down the stretch, yielding 360 passing yards to Brett Favre. Notably, Bernard Pollard took several bad angles to the ball, and Ty Law didn't have the speed to match the Packer receivers on the outside.

NEXT UP
    The Chiefs stay home to face the 3-5 Denver Broncos.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/nfl/news/ABN4111346.htm

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Not good, not good at all. We need him. Will Sippio now play some? If he does I hope he can play.

If he was that bad why did he come back in in the 4th quarter and why havent we really heard anything on the press conference or the news. Hes ok otherwise we would have been told so !

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    If he was that bad why did he come back in in the 4th quarter and why havent we really heard anything on the press conference or the news. Hes ok otherwise we would have been told so !
    That is what I was saying...

I thought the guy just got the wind knocked out of him.

A hamstring injury doesn't normally happen to a guy just because he gets hit hard.

WTF?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    "Both clubs jousted for three quarters and, in the end, one club pulled away because it had a superstar quarterback."
    Enough said. Even the NFL writers can figure that one out. Chad Pennington should be on waivers soon, so maybe Herm can bring him in to screw things up even worse.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Not good, not good at all. We need him. Will Sippio now play some? If he does I hope he can play.
    Good point. Where is Sippio? Yet another guy who is light years faster that I nominate for our new kick returner. Jeez, at this point Herm should suit up and return kicks.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Good point. Where is Sippio? Yet another guy who is light years faster that I nominate for our new kick returner. Jeez, at this point Herm should suit up and return kicks.
    This is where Sippio is.

HERM couldn't smell talent on offense if he were a bloodhound on steroids...

Originally Posted by bryonc
    Tyler inactive
    Rookie defensive lineman Tank Tyler was among the Chiefs’ inactive players. Tyler played in each of the first seven games but was replaced on the active roster by veteran James Reed.
    Kyle Turley, who began the season as a starting right offensive tackle, was also inactive. Tyler and Turley were joined by wide receivers Eddie Kennison and Bobby Sippio, offensive lineman Herb Taylor, linebacker Keyaron Fox and cornerback Rashad Barksdale.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...ry/346934.html

Bring Sippio into the starting line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Bring Sippio into the starting line-up.
    Yep!

The way they treated him in Spring Training was disgusting.

I know that is how the NFL works, but when you see it on Hard Knocks, you kind of have more sympathy for those players.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Yep!

The way they treated him in Spring Training was disgusting.

I know that is how the NFL works, but when you see it on Hard Knocks, you kind of have more sympathy for those players.
    Yup, life aint always easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast