Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post game week 2 @Steelers

Default Post game week 2 @Steelers

THIS ONE FEELS GOOD :) First win in Pitt since I was 2 years old.

Offense. They are freaking amazing. Mahomes is looking way better then I think many of us even dared to dream at this point. There are a few mistakes sure like almost fumbling that snap late in the 4th. But he makes far and away more plays to win the freaking game. And the best part is that he's just starting he's going to get better. This is very exciting

It was also nice to see them do well on offense when Hill was not doing much. Hill came back in the 2nd half and was a factor but they didn't get anything from him in the first half and put up points. The run game is still not where it needs to be. But if the passing game keeps going like this then it will open up. This is going to be one of if not the top offense in the league at the end of the year.

Defense: Started the game really well. I'm not as upset with them as last week. Let's be honest they didn't get any help from the guys in the striped shirts. They were held ALL day long and that was a factor in why the Steelers were able to move the ball as much.

And let's give them some credit at the start of the 2nd half they allowed the offense to get a 2 score lead again. So even though they gave up a lot of points it wasn't all bad.

That being said. BOB SUTTON Has got to go. They made adjustments after the first couple of drives. We didn't and that is also why we had trouble stopping them. Sutton just keeps running his system no matter how many times it is shown that he doesn't have the players to do so well. That's on him. A good coach fits the system to put his players in a spot to do well. He expects the players to fit into his system.

On a side note Watching the Steelers at the start of the season, they have a ton of drama. Is it a reach to say that they might not be in the playoffs this year? They look like they could implode any week. Way too much yelling at coaches from their top guys. I would not want to be a Steelers fan right now. They look like a team that is at the end of the road and heading for a rebuild.

The Chiefs were given a tough road to start the year. I don't think I really thought they would come home 2-0. But they are. Time to defend Arrowhead next week. On to the 49ers game. But this win given who and where it was and some questionable calls that we were able to overcome fells GOOD. I think they should enjoy this one just a tad more. GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    The Steelers had it coming, given all the games we've lost to them over the years.

Mahomes was great. What floors me is that he left some points and yards out there in some throws he missed on (Which is a compliment given he had a 6 TD game). Imagine what he's going to be like when he starts hitting on those passes.
    Mahomes earned AFC Offensive player of the week, again.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/patrick-...second-straigh

Hopefully, Mahomes will share this with his O-Line and his receivers and runners, as they did step up their game to help him out. Just watch the video on that page & you will clearly see it.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't know about the WRS I know that he got into it with Big Ben.

But that's not even as bad as the drama they have going on now. They look like they could blow up any week. They could still right the ship and be fine. But man things don't look great there
    Pittsburg always seems to have good talent and coaching, but it's really hard for me to be very sympathetic to them right now, mainly because I'm sick of seeing them beat KC. Last year they went through a similar thing only to use a game against us as a "comeback" game to play well, beating the tar out of us.

As much as I liked what I saw last game, we need to find a way to put a similar kind of whoopin' on these guys when we face them in the playoffs, beat them when it matters. But I am really proud of what this offense was able to get done in their house.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Mahomes earned AFC Offensive player of the week, again.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/patrick-...second-straigh

Hopefully, Mahomes will share this with his O-Line and his receivers and runners, as they did step up their game to help him out. Just watch the video on that page & you will clearly see it.
    No further convincing needed for me, Demps - I've watched the game twice already, just really excited to see him play so well and see him connect with Watkins. The first game I felt that Hill really deserved it more, but this game (6 TD's. The man is on pace for an 80 TD season.) was just off the charts fun to watch him play.

Can't wait to watch this week's "Inside the NFL" and see if they spend more than two seconds talking about KC.

No further convincing needed for me, Demps - I've watched the game twice already, just really excited to see him play so well and see him connect with Watkins. The first game I felt that Hill really deserved it more, but this game (6 TD's. The man is on pace for an 80 TD season.) was just off the charts fun to watch him play.

Can't wait to watch this week's "Inside the NFL" and see if they spend more than two seconds talking about KC.
    It tickled me (as I'm sure it did you) to see the look on faces of Steelers fans, because they haven't seen any opposing QB come in to their park & put on an aerial barrage, like Mahomes did, in at least 5 decades, I'm sure. Pittsburgh's Defense isn't really that inept, it was just sheer brilliance by the KC Offense

In college, Mahomes had elevated Texas Tech's Offense to another level, and thus far this season, is doing the same thing in KC.

The cost to move up to take Mahomes in 2017 seemed high at the time, but it's now looking like a super blue-chip bargain.

Hey Matt & dugstr, something just dawned on me. The reason the Steelers were allowed to get away with massive holding. It was for the sake of keeping Big Ben upright. The Steelers simply cannot compete without him & if he gets KO'd, the Steelers season is over.

The Chiefs jumped out to a 21-0 lead, and it becomes obvious that Big Ben is going to have to throw a lot, and if all things are fair and square, he was bound to take some hard shots & there's going to be several holding calls against the Steelers.

My point is, the Chiefs Defense wasn't really playing on a level playing field all of the time & we have to hope that this was a one-game aberration, and not the norm for all Chiefs opponents. We know that the Chiefs Offense will NEVER be allowed to get away with this sort of thing & if they get caught holding, the flags will fly. I'll really be PO'd if the Donkeys are allowed to get away with this in their two upcoming games against KC.

Hey Matt & dugstr, something just dawned on me. The reason the Steelers were allowed to get away with massive holding. It was for the sake of keeping Big Ben upright. The Steelers simply cannot compete without him & if he gets KO'd, the Steelers season is over.

The Chiefs jumped out to a 21-0 lead, and it becomes obvious that Big Ben is going to have to throw a lot, and if all things are fair and square, he was bound to take some hard shots & there's going to be several holding calls against the Steelers.

My point is, the Chiefs Defense wasn't really playing on a level playing field all of the time & we have to hope that this was a one-game aberration, and not the norm for all Chiefs opponents. We know that the Chiefs Offense will NEVER be allowed to get away with this sort of thing & if they get caught holding, the flags will fly. I'll really be PO'd if the Donkeys are allowed to get away with this in their two upcoming games against KC.
    Our biggest Achilles' heel is the fact that if our secondary doesn't start turning looking for the ball, it's very likely we're going to get flagged for PI every time. Especially when we play the Donkeys. It's too easy for the refs to call, and make it stick.

Steeler nation needs to wake up and realize they've had it good for a long time. Some are already calling for Tomlin's resignation. Some are still fuming about the tie to Cleveland to the point they didn't notice the big red and yellow bus that just ripped through Heinz stadium.

Hey dugstr & Matt -- who would you say Mahomes more resembles? Montana or Turd Elway? I say Joe Montana. What say you?

Pittsburg always seems to have good talent and coaching, but it's really hard for me to be very sympathetic to them right now, mainly because I'm sick of seeing them beat KC. Last year they went through a similar thing only to use a game against us as a "comeback" game to play well, beating the tar out of us.

As much as I liked what I saw last game, we need to find a way to put a similar kind of whoopin' on these guys when we face them in the playoffs, beat them when it matters. But I am really proud of what this offense was able to get done in their house.
    Just getting the W in Pittsburgh is a big deal. It had been far to long. Hopefully we can now have a run like they did in this matchup
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Hey dugstr & Matt -- who would you say Mahomes more resembles? Montana or Turd Elway? I say Joe Montana. What say you?
    I would never ever compare a QB to Elway. NEVER that's a sin In my book.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I would never ever compare a QB to Elway. NEVER that's a sin In my book.
    Agreed. That's why I went with Montana. But in all seriousness, Mahomes DOES look like another Joe Montana.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast