Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post game week 2 @Steelers

Default Post game week 2 @Steelers

THIS ONE FEELS GOOD :) First win in Pitt since I was 2 years old.

Offense. They are freaking amazing. Mahomes is looking way better then I think many of us even dared to dream at this point. There are a few mistakes sure like almost fumbling that snap late in the 4th. But he makes far and away more plays to win the freaking game. And the best part is that he's just starting he's going to get better. This is very exciting

It was also nice to see them do well on offense when Hill was not doing much. Hill came back in the 2nd half and was a factor but they didn't get anything from him in the first half and put up points. The run game is still not where it needs to be. But if the passing game keeps going like this then it will open up. This is going to be one of if not the top offense in the league at the end of the year.

Defense: Started the game really well. I'm not as upset with them as last week. Let's be honest they didn't get any help from the guys in the striped shirts. They were held ALL day long and that was a factor in why the Steelers were able to move the ball as much.

And let's give them some credit at the start of the 2nd half they allowed the offense to get a 2 score lead again. So even though they gave up a lot of points it wasn't all bad.

That being said. BOB SUTTON Has got to go. They made adjustments after the first couple of drives. We didn't and that is also why we had trouble stopping them. Sutton just keeps running his system no matter how many times it is shown that he doesn't have the players to do so well. That's on him. A good coach fits the system to put his players in a spot to do well. He expects the players to fit into his system.

On a side note Watching the Steelers at the start of the season, they have a ton of drama. Is it a reach to say that they might not be in the playoffs this year? They look like they could implode any week. Way too much yelling at coaches from their top guys. I would not want to be a Steelers fan right now. They look like a team that is at the end of the road and heading for a rebuild.

The Chiefs were given a tough road to start the year. I don't think I really thought they would come home 2-0. But they are. Time to defend Arrowhead next week. On to the 49ers game. But this win given who and where it was and some questionable calls that we were able to overcome fells GOOD. I think they should enjoy this one just a tad more. GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Finally got the chance to watch the game...Wow. Amazing game. Now THIS is the game that Mahomes should definitely get the offensive player of the week award.

Pittsburg got their fair share of chances to take this one over. They got all kinds of help with holding non-calls, and on one of their drives Rothlisberger was completely past the line of scrimmage when he threw.

Defensively we did enough to win the game but really feel it's going to take an off-season to really fix the issues. Our secondary never turns their heads to look for the ball, then wonders why they get flagged. IMHO the thing that could save us this season is if our pass rush wins the battles at the LOS. This game Dee Ford really stepped up, but Houston seemed really shut out (probably by design of the Pittsburg D).

Was funny to watch Pittsburg's reactions on this game. We marched into their house and did to them what they normally do to us. If Mahomes had connected better with Hill and Kelce it could've been much, much worse. If the offense continues to improve, he'll connect on those throws down the road.

Hey dugster, don't forget that sack-strip that resulted in a Defensive TD that was wiped out by a Defensive holding penalty 40 yards down field. I wonder if that wasn't a phantom call just to keep the Steelers in the game, as it would've made the score 28-0. Essentially, the Chiefs beat both the Steelers and the refs in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Hey dugster, don't forget that sack-strip that resulted in a Defensive TD that was wiped out by a Defensive holding penalty 40 yards down field. I wonder if that wasn't a phantom call just to keep the Steelers in the game, as it would've made the score 28-0. Essentially, the Chiefs beat both the Steelers and the refs in this game.
    The Steelers did get lucky with that bs call. They did capitalize on that, tying the game up but they had no answers at all for Reid's offense. Finally the refs ran out of excuses, too.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

On a side note Watching the Steelers at the start of the season, they have a ton of drama. Is it a reach to say that they might not be in the playoffs this year? They look like they could implode any week. Way too much yelling at coaches from their top guys. I would not want to be a Steelers fan right now. They look like a team that is at the end of the road and heading for a rebuild.
    The drama around the Steelers is still going. Antonio Brown didn't show up Monday.
    The Steelers are a team going the wrong way.

I don't miss the days of drama around Arrowhead when Haley and Pioli were infighting.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Finally got the chance to watch the game...Wow. Amazing game. Now THIS is the game that Mahomes should definitely get the offensive player of the week award.

Pittsburg got their fair share of chances to take this one over. They got all kinds of help with holding non-calls, and on one of their drives Rothlisberger was completely past the line of scrimmage when he threw.

Defensively we did enough to win the game but really feel it's going to take an off-season to really fix the issues. Our secondary never turns their heads to look for the ball, then wonders why they get flagged. IMHO the thing that could save us this season is if our pass rush wins the battles at the LOS. This game Dee Ford really stepped up, but Houston seemed really shut out (probably by design of the Pittsburg D).

Was funny to watch Pittsburg's reactions on this game. We marched into their house and did to them what they normally do to us. If Mahomes had connected better with Hill and Kelce it could've been much, much worse. If the offense continues to improve, he'll connect on those throws down the road.
    Houston was held a lot. He still made somewhat of an impact by forcing Ben to run around a bit.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The drama around the Steelers is still going. Antonio Brown didn't show up Monday.

I don't miss the days of drama around Arrowhead when Haley and Pioli were infighting.
    Did Haley get into with the WR's in Pittsburg like he's done everywhere else? He's doing the same BS in Cleveland now with their WR's.

Did Haley get into with the WR's in Pittsburg like he's done everywhere else? He's doing the same BS in Cleveland now with their WR's.
    I don't know about the WRS I know that he got into it with Big Ben.

But that's not even as bad as the drama they have going on now. They look like they could blow up any week. They could still right the ship and be fine. But man things don't look great there
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Neither do I. Chiefs fans want a football team that focuses on playing football. Not a stinking political zoo.

The Steelers did get lucky with that bs call. They did capitalize on that, tying the game up but they had no answers at all for Reid's offense. Finally the refs ran out of excuses, too.
    What we saw was an aerial barrage by a Chiefs QB, the likes of which has NEVER been seen by any of us. Mahomes just ripped the Steelers guts out. It was totally unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    What we saw was an aerial barrage by a Chiefs QB, the likes of which has NEVER been seen by any of us. Mahomes just ripped the Steelers guts out. It was totally unprecedented.
    The Steelers had it coming, given all the games we've lost to them over the years.

Mahomes was great. What floors me is that he left some points and yards out there in some throws he missed on (Which is a compliment given he had a 6 TD game). Imagine what he's going to be like when he starts hitting on those passes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast