Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Post game week 2 @Steelers

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    19,193

    Default Post game week 2 @Steelers

    THIS ONE FEELS GOOD :) First win in Pitt since I was 2 years old.

    Offense. They are freaking amazing. Mahomes is looking way better then I think many of us even dared to dream at this point. There are a few mistakes sure like almost fumbling that snap late in the 4th. But he makes far and away more plays to win the freaking game. And the best part is that he's just starting he's going to get better. This is very exciting

    It was also nice to see them do well on offense when Hill was not doing much. Hill came back in the 2nd half and was a factor but they didn't get anything from him in the first half and put up points. The run game is still not where it needs to be. But if the passing game keeps going like this then it will open up. This is going to be one of if not the top offense in the league at the end of the year.


    Defense: Started the game really well. I'm not as upset with them as last week. Let's be honest they didn't get any help from the guys in the striped shirts. They were held ALL day long and that was a factor in why the Steelers were able to move the ball as much.

    And let's give them some credit at the start of the 2nd half they allowed the offense to get a 2 score lead again. So even though they gave up a lot of points it wasn't all bad.

    That being said. BOB SUTTON Has got to go. They made adjustments after the first couple of drives. We didn't and that is also why we had trouble stopping them. Sutton just keeps running his system no matter how many times it is shown that he doesn't have the players to do so well. That's on him. A good coach fits the system to put his players in a spot to do well. He expects the players to fit into his system.

    On a side note Watching the Steelers at the start of the season, they have a ton of drama. Is it a reach to say that they might not be in the playoffs this year? They look like they could implode any week. Way too much yelling at coaches from their top guys. I would not want to be a Steelers fan right now. They look like a team that is at the end of the road and heading for a rebuild.

    The Chiefs were given a tough road to start the year. I don't think I really thought they would come home 2-0. But they are. Time to defend Arrowhead next week. On to the 49ers game. But this win given who and where it was and some questionable calls that we were able to overcome fells GOOD. I think they should enjoy this one just a tad more. GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    7,491

    Default

    it's funny. I'm watching the raiders and donkeys playing. their offenses look so limited.... compared to what I watched today. you blitz us, well just score on you. you sit in a zone we will score on you. lol

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    19,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    it's funny. I'm watching the raiders and donkeys playing. their offenses look so limited.... compared to what I watched today. you blitz us, well just score on you. you sit in a zone we will score on you. lol
    And Mahomes is going to get better. He has only had 3 starts. Scary for the other teams in the NFL
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    22,845

    Default

    That was a ton of fun to watch. I did feel like no matter our lead, the Steelers would still be in it. We got a couple of key stops in the 2nd half. We need to clean up the penalties. But hey, 2-0 after these two games is way better than I was expecting. Let’s win next week.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,027

    Default

    Matt, you forgot to mention this in your analysis:

    DONKEYS SUCK !!


    But, you are correct about the holding that Pissburgh's Little Tin Cods were getting away with. If those calls are made, they only get maybe half of the points they did get.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-17-2018 at 04:35 AM.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    19,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Matt, you forgot to mention this in your analysis:

    DONKEYS SUCK !!


    But, you are correct about the holding that Pissburgh's Little Tin Cods were getting away with. If those calls are made, they only get maybe half of the points they did get.
    Well Donkeys suck goes without saying. I mean who doesn't know that these days?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Finally a win in Pittsburgh and their Achilles Heel. Good for Patrick and the team.
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,027

    Default

    I saw an interview with Patrick Mahomes, and he gave credit to his O-line, and rightfully so. They did a good job & without the massive holding that Pissburgh got away with.

    Also, in the past with Alex Smith, receivers were not working as hard to get open, as often times they didn't believe the ball would ever come to them. Not the case with Mahomes, as they know now if they get open, the ball is likely to come their way. Defenses must now defend the whole field (which is impossible to do all of the time).

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    19,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I saw an interview with Patrick Mahomes, and he gave credit to his O-line, and rightfully so. They did a good job & without the massive holding that Pissburgh got away with.

    Also, in the past with Alex Smith, receivers were not working as hard to get open, as often times they didn't believe the ball would ever come to them. Not the case with Mahomes, as they know now if they get open, the ball is likely to come their way. Defenses must now defend the whole field (which is impossible to do all of the time).



    It also helps that the talent is MUCH MUCH better then it was when Alex first got to KC.

    I ranted for years about needing talent in that time if you shut down Bowe we didn't have anything else. Now as yesterday showed you shut down hill for a while we can still score a lot of points. These are good times!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    [/B]

    It also helps that the talent is MUCH MUCH better then it was when Alex first got to KC.

    I ranted for years about needing talent in that time if you shut down Bowe we didn't have anything else. Now as yesterday showed you shut down hill for a while we can still score a lot of points. These are good times!
    Indeed, I have NEVER seen the Chiefs Offense loaded up with talent like we see this season. People squawked about the Sammy Watkins signing, but I personally liked it. He victimized by bad luck in Buffalo, and why the Rams gave up on him, I'm not sure. I've never questioned his skills & what he needed was to get on the right team, and KC is most certainly that team at this point in time. They've built a credible O-Line, have a young QB that can make all the throws, and have play-makers everywhere.

    I remember you had predicted back in 2013 that Andy Reid would build a good Offense for KC. Well, here it is.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Post game week 1 @Chargers
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-11-2018, 05:44 PM
  2. ***Official Game 15 IGT: Chiefs at Steelers 12/21***
    By TopekaRoy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 12-24-2014, 02:33 PM
  3. Game of the week Steelers Vikings
    By magoo in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 11:44 AM
  4. Just bought my tickets for the Steelers game
    By ARKIESTEEL in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 02:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •