Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post game @Donkeys SUCK IT DONKEYS

Default Post game @Donkeys SUCK IT DONKEYS

WOW THAT WAS FUN

Well since we won

Mahomes is the real deal. In his biggest test, he really had his moments that he struggled. But he also had a number of star-making moments. That last drive with the O line doing everything that they could to lose the damn game he was like screw this leads us on a winning drive. This is a game we would have lost with Alex.

Now I'm going to do something I haven't been able to do so far this year. We have to give some credit to the defense. They stepped up in that 4th quarter. And that was a big reason that we were able to win that game. So I have to give some credit to Bob Sutton and his defense for that. And a special shout out to Dee Ford and Justin Houston. They came to play tonight for SURE

Now there are some things that just can't be ignored.

Offense. I have been screaming about playcalling with Andy for a few years now. And some of that showed up tonight. The pass-happy screen-happy offense returned. I said in the opening that this is a game that we wouldn't have won with Alex and that is true. But tonight shows something I have been screaming Andy has been a big issue as well. Throughout that game, there were many times that it looked just like the offense we have seen the last couple of years. Even with a QB as good as Mahomes, it held us back some tonight . Mahomes is good enough to overcome that. But MAN this has to be addressed. We are not going to get that lucky many times.

Defense. I'm not going to go on my same Bob Sutton rant. But I will state one of my normal points. The issues on D are the same ones we see all the time. See the run D it's been bad for years and tonight it was bad again. It's his job to fix these things they haven't been fixed. I also want to make this point. Our d has allowed 6 points in the 1st quarter all year (THAT INCLUDES TONIGHT) This is not a case that we just don't have talent. If we did we would get rolled from the very beginning. That's not what has been happening. Teams have adjusted we haven't that to me SCREAMS coaching. Is it all Bob Sutton's fault of course not. But it starts with him. These issues HAVE to be fixed. If they are not by the end of the year HE HAS TO GO.

It's always tough to win @ Denver. Division games are going to be tough even more when you're on the road. So if you were expecting a cakewalk it just wasn't going to happen. The Chiefs took a HUGE step in winning another AFC West title. But they have to get some stuff cleaned up. We still have a lot of tough games coming up. Starting with Sunday. Bring on the Jags. And at least we get some Home games coming up. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

everyone of the nalyst and beatwriters ive seen say its a personell issue on defense so thats good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    everyone of the nalyst and beatwriters ive seen say its a personell issue on defense so thats good enough for me
    I don't mean to imply that personnel isn't part of the problem. But Sutton is as well . As I think my point of the 1st quarter's shows. That same personnel is on the field.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Why can't our defense tackle? Don't they practice that? Isn't that the main job of a defensive player? It's like having a kicker who can't kick. That's your JOB!

Anyway, it's hard for me to blame Sutton for missed and sloppy tackling and d-backs who get outrun, outmuscled or just release on their man. That said, Sutton is the coach and his job to make the defense better. I go back to the question, is he unwilling to change or is he unable to change because this is all his personnel can do?

The talent on defense is weak, but if we had top notch talent, would they still struggle because of Sutton? I can't answer that.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

HA! HA! Turd Elway & the Donkeys LOST!!

Second time in a row that Mahomes has put together a game-winning drive in Donkeytown. Not only that, he proved that he could bring the Chiefs from behind trailing by 10 with just six minutes left in the game. Two touchdown drives and a victory. Donkeys fans better get used to this sort of thing, because the Peyton Manning days are over & it's the Chiefs that now have the elite QB.

And as Matt said --
    DONKEYS SUCK !!

Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-02-2018 at 01:33 AM.

I snuck over to the Broncos fan forum page and they are loosing it saying we gotta deal with Mahomes for the next 10 - 15 years and it makes them wanna puke and its not fair, and talking about how they are so tired of not wanting to hear about Mahomes already.

Sutton says its a communication Issue. Ron Parker says it takes two years to fully understand the defense. Half our defense are 2nd year or 1st year players in this defense. If it is this complicated, it needs to change.

There are constant blown coverages, the defense was not prepared for a hurry up offense, got thrashed in man to man which created a Penalty as our Corner is having to hold his man so that he does not give up the TD. Then we get caught with 12 men on the field, as Denver still scores.

The defense is soft, and misses tackles when they make a great read.

This is all signs of poorly coached defense. Who is in charge of the defense? Yes we have young or poor personnel. Stop forcing a defense on them that they can't perform in. Or teach them to be better at it. If we don't have he corners or safeties to cover fast guys in man. Why ask them to???

... and fire their coach and bench Keenum. I was going to do a little gentle trolling at OrangeMane.com last night, but they were so upset already. I just didn't have the heart.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I snuck over to the Broncos fan forum page and they are loosing it saying we gotta deal with Mahomes for the next 10 - 15 years and it makes them wanna puke and its not fair, and talking about how they are so tired of not wanting to hear about Mahomes already.
    I know it is great. Both Elway and Manning got to experience the pain they both caused us for years. Deal with it Donkey fans.

Delicious irony how they traded up in 2016 to draft Paxton Lynch (who's probably now delivering pizza to Donkeys fans doorstep) and whiffed on that, but the Chiefs struck GOLD trading up to draft Patrick Mahomes. I told Donkeys fans that when Manning hung up the cleats the fall was going to be hard & the thud was going to be loud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast