Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 223

Thread: Croyle and the rest of this season?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Croyle and the rest of this season?


    0 Not allowed!
    This is a harsh opinion, but I'm throwing it out there.

    So when do we start Croyle? The last game of the season? Unless they draft offensive linemen and acquire some talent off the market(which they won't) the O will be just as terrible next year as it is this year. So do it now. Yes, it will be tough. It will also show what he's made of in toughness and mentality.

    They knew they had issues going back to last year and even the pre-season. Did they bring in any starting free agents? Nope. Did they draft any potential starting O-line players? Nope.

    Herm and Peterson keep telling us that the team needs to be younger but keep bringing in old talent. ie Law, Surtain, Turley, etc. Instead they invested a boat load of money into an ineffective RB in Larry Johnson who didn't even have the decency to honor his contract. That guy is another T.O. and Moss and infects the locker room like a virus. They should have kept Bennett and sent his sorry a$$ packing when he pulled that. Call Vermeil what you want, but he brought in good decent players you liked and they performed for him. He didn't like LJ and I guess we're starting to see why.

    Personally, the rest of this season is a wash. Yeah, we might win the West, but it sure isn't anything to brag about like past years. That will be it, because we can't even come close to competing in the playoffs. Start Croyle, maybe rotate some developing O line players and let's give the "QB of the future" some experience and serious playing time.

    Huard will not win us a Superbowl, the O line will not win us a Superbowl and a strong defense alone will not win us a Superbowl. I want a Bowl appearance and I really could care less about winning the AFC West. I think we sell ourselves short and are settling for less if all we really care about is the AFC West. We as fans need to demand more.

    I'm so disappointed this year. I knew we would struggle, but not to this extent. There are so many problems that this team needs to address. All the way from ageing corners, ageing QB and a failure of an effective O line. They need to really, really shake something up now! You also never hear if Huard has even taken a leadership role in this team.
    Last edited by greg3564; 11-08-2007 at 12:27 AM.

    Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

  2. #131
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You're preachin' to the choir guy!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  3. #132
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    but after 20 years....everything that's wrong with the Chiefs is because of Herm Edwards...right?

  4. #133
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    but after 20 years....everything that's wrong with the Chiefs is because of Herm Edwards...right?

    ummm...not all was bad the last 20 years. The year we went 13-3, we had a team that COULD HAVE won it all. We just ran into payton that day and lost, that is all. Even with the best team, it is hard to win it all.

    Problem we are facing now is how the $#%# do we make a superbowl until Manning and Tom Brady retire?

    It might be a while until we make the promise land.

    I do want to step in and try and be a moterator of some type.

    Even though I don't agree with texaschief about Herm possbily being a good coach, we just need to give him time....i sure can agree to disagree and say that he isnt stupid for saying that in any way. He also has a great point that we need to play our rookie qb to get him in game experience. You can get sideline experience game after game and pretty soon you realize your career is over and you never even played...but at least you have sideline experience....which now means nothing.

    Please agree to disagree on this matter only because there really are no facts involved since a lot of this argument is about our future which has not happened yet, and we are all trying our best to speculate what is going to happen but none of us really know.

    All i know is I think our Chiefs offense is going to surprise us this week. against the broncos. and i predict a good game from our running backs. That will be the biggest surprise to you i think. You will not see them struggle to get 3+ yards on first down like you have all season.

    ok i have made my running game prediction in many posts already, i hope you all hold me to it!!!! and we can come back to this message on sunday after our victory where all will be forgiven between each other because we all share one great common bond, we love to see the Chiefs win!!!

  5. #134
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    All i know is I think our Chiefs offense is going to surprise us this week. against the broncos.
    Use great caution when saying that against a poor defensive and offensive team. The games that count are against good teams. Those are the ones that should be judged. Those are the ones that count the most. We really can't get all hopeful when the Chiefs decimate a poor team and quite honestly that hasn't even happened this year(remember the Raider game?).

    Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

  6. #135
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Use great caution when saying that against a poor defensive and offensive team. The games that count are against good teams. Those are the ones that should be judged. Those are the ones that count the most. We really can't get all hopeful when the Chiefs decimate a poor team and quite honestly that hasn't even happened this year(remember the Raider game?).
    True, but it is against a division rival.


  7. #136
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Use great caution when saying that against a poor defensive and offensive team. The games that count are against good teams. Those are the ones that should be judged. Those are the ones that count the most. We really can't get all hopeful when the Chiefs decimate a poor team and quite honestly that hasn't even happened this year(remember the Raider game?).
    yes that is what i am saying, we havent destroyed ANY team this year...so that is why i make the prediction that we WILL EXPLODE our load on the broncos. our offense is going to be astounding. Run game...simply amazing.

    yes, broncos suck at stopping the run....so to that i say...the game AFTER this one, we will have a good running game. We will probably lose since it is the colts, but our offense will look good against em.

    Priest will show you the impact he has on this team. It will be noticable beyond the shadow of any doubt.

    dont argue with this post...just wait till the game then shove it in my face if i am wrong.

    but my prediction is that johnson's lack of being able to get around the outside or to get anywhere after a catch is what hurt our offense the most...again, i know that NO ONE here agrees with me on that....that is why i make this prediction....so you can respond and say "YOU ARE WAY WRONG!!! or you can wait till after the game, then shove this post in my face if i am wrong.

    but remember kids, i am right 98.8% of the time, and i DONT think our O LINE is horrible.

    i blame LJ's style of run. Teams figure out, oh, he runs up the middle 73% of the time, lets stack the box with 9 players, dont worry about the outside, if he goes, well catch up to him.

    the reason he is no longer effective is because teams did stat analysis on him and figured him out and found out how limited he is as a runningback.

    WOOHOO! that is the truth. 98.8%

  8. #137
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    yes that is what i am saying, we havent destroyed ANY team this year...so that is why i make the prediction that we WILL EXPLODE our load on the broncos. our offense is going to be astounding. Run game...simply amazing.

    yes, broncos suck at stopping the run....so to that i say...the game AFTER this one, we will have a good running game. We will probably lose since it is the colts, but our offense will look good against em.

    Priest will show you the impact he has on this team. It will be noticable beyond the shadow of any doubt.

    dont argue with this post...just wait till the game then shove it in my face if i am wrong.

    but my prediction is that johnson's lack of being able to get around the outside or to get anywhere after a catch is what hurt our offense the most...again, i know that NO ONE here agrees with me on that....that is why i make this prediction....so you can respond and say "YOU ARE WAY WRONG!!! or you can wait till after the game, then shove this post in my face if i am wrong.

    but remember kids, i am right 98.8% of the time, and i DONT think our O LINE is horrible.

    i blame LJ's style of run. Teams figure out, oh, he runs up the middle 73% of the time, lets stack the box with 9 players, dont worry about the outside, if he goes, well catch up to him.

    the reason he is no longer effective is because teams did stat analysis on him and figured him out and found out how limited he is as a runningback.

    WOOHOO! that is the truth. 98.8%
    Respectfully disagreeing with a point of view is every member's prerogative.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-09-2007 at 01:44 AM.


  9. #138
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Respectfully disagreeing with a point of view is every members prerogative.

    well what i was implying is that there is no need to respond because i already realize that no one else on this board agrees with what i just stated...only me.

    so i was just saying you dont need to respond saying "you are way wrong blah blah"

    it is understood that the rest of the board thinks that.

    so that is why i say...wait till after the game(s)

    and the truth will be told about a runningback who cant beat the d around the outside and only runs up the middle.

  10. #139
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    well what i was implying is that there is no need to respond because i already realize that no one else on this board agrees with what i just stated...only me.

    so i was just saying you dont need to respond saying "you are way wrong blah blah"

    it is understood that the rest of the board thinks that.

    so that is why i say...wait till after the game(s)

    and the truth will be told about a runningback who cant beat the d around the outside and only runs up the middle.
    After your comment on how happy you were that LJ was hurt I decided not to respond to your posts anymore.

    I don't know what happened, but for some reason YOU have become more respectful of others than about 50% of the people on this board.

    I agree that our O will probably light it up this week at home against the Donks, but that is about 98.8% probable in everyones mind.

    Being right when you say something occasionally does not mean that you have the corner on common sense.

    I like the way you have lightened up a bit, just root for the team, and quit trying to say everyone is against you.

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  11. #140
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    well what i was implying is that there is no need to respond because i already realize that no one else on this board agrees with what i just stated...only me.

    so i was just saying you dont need to respond saying "you are way wrong blah blah"

    it is understood that the rest of the board thinks that.

    so that is why i say...wait till after the game(s)

    and the truth will be told about a runningback who cant beat the d around the outside and only runs up the middle.
    I wouldn't say that. I agreed with you 100% as far as the running game is concerned. I am a HUGE Priest Holmes fan and want him to pull this out. I believe he will and I have stated so on here before. My major concern is how the rest of the offense will do.

    With Kennison back the WR game should be better.

    I still think we need a more mobile QB back there when the pocket collapses so we don't so many sacks. Huard and his knee braces are NO threat to a defense. Yeah, he might scramble here and there, but he's no deep threat as he can't run more than 6 or 7 yards before getting pulled down. While Croyle is no Vince Young, he's still young and in shape and not hobled with bad knees in addition to getting slammed down all year.

    Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •