Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Croyle and the rest of this season?

Default Croyle and the rest of this season?

This is a harsh opinion, but I'm throwing it out there.

So when do we start Croyle? The last game of the season? Unless they draft offensive linemen and acquire some talent off the market(which they won't) the O will be just as terrible next year as it is this year. So do it now. Yes, it will be tough. It will also show what he's made of in toughness and mentality.

They knew they had issues going back to last year and even the pre-season. Did they bring in any starting free agents? Nope. Did they draft any potential starting O-line players? Nope.

Herm and Peterson keep telling us that the team needs to be younger but keep bringing in old talent. ie Law, Surtain, Turley, etc. Instead they invested a boat load of money into an ineffective RB in Larry Johnson who didn't even have the decency to honor his contract. That guy is another T.O. and Moss and infects the locker room like a virus. They should have kept Bennett and sent his sorry a$$ packing when he pulled that. Call Vermeil what you want, but he brought in good decent players you liked and they performed for him. He didn't like LJ and I guess we're starting to see why.

Personally, the rest of this season is a wash. Yeah, we might win the West, but it sure isn't anything to brag about like past years. That will be it, because we can't even come close to competing in the playoffs. Start Croyle, maybe rotate some developing O line players and let's give the "QB of the future" some experience and serious playing time.

Huard will not win us a Superbowl, the O line will not win us a Superbowl and a strong defense alone will not win us a Superbowl. I want a Bowl appearance and I really could care less about winning the AFC West. I think we sell ourselves short and are settling for less if all we really care about is the AFC West. We as fans need to demand more.

I'm so disappointed this year. I knew we would struggle, but not to this extent. There are so many problems that this team needs to address. All the way from ageing corners, ageing QB and a failure of an effective O line. They need to really, really shake something up now! You also never hear if Huard has even taken a leadership role in this team.
    Last edited by greg3564; 11-08-2007 at 12:27 AM.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    it needs to be said that if we start re-building this offensive line with high draft picks, we may not see positive results for a season or two and it doesn't seem like too many Chiefs fans have that kind of patience.

I can just see people jumping on this board in a couple years *****ing about and asking why Herm didn't sign vet FAs to man the O-line.

I just don't see a quick solution on the O-line right now.

just my .02.
    Unfortunately, The past two drafts were the ideal time to start that rebuilding process. Of course we would still need to be working on it through free agency as well.

But that oversight is my primary "beef" with Herm.

omg...wtf have i been saying all season?!!!!

apparently, this line of thinking is "cowardly" though.

Yes it is, and it teaaches a losing attitude that is very difficult to rectify.

IMO

Larry Johnson is a great back. I don't know why a lot of you want to bash him and blame him for our non-existant o-line. That man has tried and tried to find holes to run in but that o-line isn't giving him nothing to work with. I wouldn't blame LJ for being the least bit angry and emotional during games.

IMO

put any running back in there and it'll be just the same. he might get a yard or two more but still the same results. with that o-line that we have now, we aren't going anywhere. and we are still not going to be effective on converting 3rd downs.

IMO

teams are just playing good defense against our running game. why wouldn't they? we have one of the best running backs in the league, why wouldn't we run? its a known fact that we would. other defenses are getting the job done against us.

IMO

people just need to get off his back before they run him out of this city. i know he has a bad attitude about things, but so what. i dont care about that, all i care about is him being healthy and able to run that ball and help us get a win.

if you don't like my opinion, i don't care. its mine and i can do whatever i want with it.

that is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm glad your thinking isn't backwards. You go-go girl..ME likes you like the Chiefs.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    IMO

Larry Johnson is a great back. I don't know why a lot of you want to bash him and blame him for our non-existant o-line. That man has tried and tried to find holes to run in but that o-line isn't giving him nothing to work with. I wouldn't blame LJ for being the least bit angry and emotional during games.

IMO

put any running back in there and it'll be just the same. he might get a yard or two more but still the same results. with that o-line that we have now, we aren't going anywhere. and we are still not going to be effective on converting 3rd downs.

IMO

teams are just playing good defense against our running game. why wouldn't they? we have one of the best running backs in the league, why wouldn't we run? its a known fact that we would. other defenses are getting the job done against us.

IMO

people just need to get off his back before they run him out of this city. i know he has a bad attitude about things, but so what. i dont care about that, all i care about is him being healthy and able to run that ball and help us get a win.

if you don't like my opinion, i don't care. its mine and i can do whatever i want with it.

that is all.
    We shall see tomorrow!!!

Thank God the Donks have such a crappy run D!!!!

Go Chiefs!!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Yes it is, and it teaaches a losing attitude that is very difficult to rectify.
    So is busting out of mediocrity...obviously.

So is busting out of mediocrity...obviously.
    In Petersons time with the Chiefs, we have had some very good teams. That "mediocrity" thing doesn't ring any bells here.

In Petersons time with the Chiefs, we have had some very good teams. That "mediocrity" thing doesn't ring any bells here.
    i concurr, we have had some great teams, even a few with superbowl potential, the cards just didnt fall the right way those years.

but great team, great talent, good coaching...till now.

we just have great talent, bad gameplans.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    i concurr, we have had some great teams, even a few with superbowl potential, the cards just didnt fall the right way those years.

but great team, great talent, good coaching...till now.

we just have great talent, bad gameplans.
    I contest that we have a shortage of talent on the O-line. Commonly overlooked area of a football team.

How many playoff wins since CP got here again? 31, it really is no surprise to me that you can't recognize mediocrity. Very good teams find ways to win in the playoffs. The cards don't need to "fall right" for good teams to win. By the way, i forgot our record...anyone?

I contest that we have a shortage of talent on the O-line. Commonly overlooked area of a football team.
    I contest the same I merely hope that Priest can find a way to effectively utilize our swiss cheese "O" line.