Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 223

Thread: Croyle and the rest of this season?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Croyle and the rest of this season?


    0 Not allowed!
    This is a harsh opinion, but I'm throwing it out there.

    So when do we start Croyle? The last game of the season? Unless they draft offensive linemen and acquire some talent off the market(which they won't) the O will be just as terrible next year as it is this year. So do it now. Yes, it will be tough. It will also show what he's made of in toughness and mentality.

    They knew they had issues going back to last year and even the pre-season. Did they bring in any starting free agents? Nope. Did they draft any potential starting O-line players? Nope.

    Herm and Peterson keep telling us that the team needs to be younger but keep bringing in old talent. ie Law, Surtain, Turley, etc. Instead they invested a boat load of money into an ineffective RB in Larry Johnson who didn't even have the decency to honor his contract. That guy is another T.O. and Moss and infects the locker room like a virus. They should have kept Bennett and sent his sorry a$$ packing when he pulled that. Call Vermeil what you want, but he brought in good decent players you liked and they performed for him. He didn't like LJ and I guess we're starting to see why.

    Personally, the rest of this season is a wash. Yeah, we might win the West, but it sure isn't anything to brag about like past years. That will be it, because we can't even come close to competing in the playoffs. Start Croyle, maybe rotate some developing O line players and let's give the "QB of the future" some experience and serious playing time.

    Huard will not win us a Superbowl, the O line will not win us a Superbowl and a strong defense alone will not win us a Superbowl. I want a Bowl appearance and I really could care less about winning the AFC West. I think we sell ourselves short and are settling for less if all we really care about is the AFC West. We as fans need to demand more.

    I'm so disappointed this year. I knew we would struggle, but not to this extent. There are so many problems that this team needs to address. All the way from ageing corners, ageing QB and a failure of an effective O line. They need to really, really shake something up now! You also never hear if Huard has even taken a leadership role in this team.
    Last edited by greg3564; 11-08-2007 at 01:27 AM.

    Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

  2. #181
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,715
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    lol...if i were running a team, we'd be a perennial playoff contender, not a team who had an 8-8 record, then 13-3, then back down to 7-9 and miss the playoffs for the next few years.

    Let me help you out... you can pull out those 3 seasons over 20 years if you'd like, but since 1989, this team has played 307 games with a winning pct. of .57654723.

    so, in just under 20 years, this team has won BARELY more than half it's games.

    mediocre

    adjective
    1. moderate to inferior in quality; "they improved the quality from mediocre to above average"
    2. lacking exceptional quality or ability; "a novel of average merit"; "only a fair performance of the sonata"; "in fair health"; "the caliber of the students has gone from mediocre to above average"; "the performance was middling at best" [syn: average]
    3. poor to middling in quality; "there have been good and mediocre and bad artists"

    I've never called for anyone to be fired...ESPECIALLY the head coach. Unlike you, who wants to fire a coach we just got...and just in time for the third season...hypocrite.

    If i was in charge of the team, I'd let as many young players play as i possibly could my first few years so they would show bigger dividends sooner. Which is what i've been saying the whole season, which is the same thing that you call "teaching your team to lose". It's actually teaching your team to play.

    While my young team was gaining game experience, i'd be stock piling draft picks to go with the high picks i'd be recieving because of a couple rebuilding seasons with new QB and rookie and first year players.

    While i was rebuilding my team, i'd look at my roster and see which players would be too far past their prime to depend on when my team DOES start their playoff runs. I don't care if they are super stars like Larry Johnson. In return, i'm stock piling more draft picks and young players who can contribute longer than a 28 yr old RB who could get injured quite easily because of his position.

    Fans show up for wins, not super stars. If you look at the Patriots when they won their first Championship, they came out at the Super Bowl as a team. There weren't any Randy Mosses, Dante Stallworths, no one knew who Tom Brady was and their defense didn't have any "super stars" either. That team was compiled of really good players and played as a team.

    Anyone know what they've done since?

    I would let my team grow up together and gain expeirence as they become a great team together. When dealing with a franchise, you can't just look at THIS year. You have to put yourself in position for wins in the future. You need to ALWAYS be looking to help your team's future. That means you draft well and put those players on the field right now while you rebuild.

    I'd evaluate each player individualy and only fire players like Ryan Sims who had plenty of opportunities to perform without doing so.

    I wouldn't care what ignorant fans who have no patience say, I would put my head down and plow thru a couple difficult seasons. All those fans who'll be trashing us will be back after we're in the playoffs year after year.

    The "any given Sunday" rule is around because you never know what's going to happen in a game. If you're a great team, you find ways and prepare to beat teams you should beat. We should've beaten the Bills, Broncos, and the Colts in the playoffs...but it didn't happen.

    I promise my plan of sacrifice/reward for a franchise would kill anything you could think of.
    The Chiefs All-time Record is 383-334-12. That's an interesting fact.

    On to the next one.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  3. #182
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    The Chiefs All-time Record is 383-334-12. That's an interesting fact.

    On to the next one.
    which is a .525377 winning pct...

  4. #183
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,715
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    which is a .525377 winning pct...
    I was just saying that's an interesting fact is all.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  5. #184
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    lol...if i were running a team, we'd be a perennial playoff contender, not a team who had an 8-8 record, then 13-3, then back down to 7-9 and miss the playoffs for the next few years.

    Let me help you out... you can pull out those 3 seasons over 20 years if you'd like, but since 1989, this team has played 307 games with a winning pct. of .57654723.

    so, in just under 20 years, this team has won BARELY more than half it's games.

    mediocre

    adjective
    1. moderate to inferior in quality; "they improved the quality from mediocre to above average"
    2. lacking exceptional quality or ability; "a novel of average merit"; "only a fair performance of the sonata"; "in fair health"; "the caliber of the students has gone from mediocre to above average"; "the performance was middling at best" [syn: average]
    3. poor to middling in quality; "there have been good and mediocre and bad artists"

    I've never called for anyone to be fired...ESPECIALLY the head coach. Unlike you, who wants to fire a coach we just got...and just in time for the third season...hypocrite.

    If i was in charge of the team, I'd let as many young players play as i possibly could my first few years so they would show bigger dividends sooner. Which is what i've been saying the whole season, which is the same thing that you call "teaching your team to lose". It's actually teaching your team to play.

    While my young team was gaining game experience, i'd be stock piling draft picks to go with the high picks i'd be recieving because of a couple rebuilding seasons with new QB and rookie and first year players.

    While i was rebuilding my team, i'd look at my roster and see which players would be too far past their prime to depend on when my team DOES start their playoff runs. I don't care if they are super stars like Larry Johnson. In return, i'm stock piling more draft picks and young players who can contribute longer than a 28 yr old RB who could get injured quite easily because of his position.

    Fans show up for wins, not super stars. If you look at the Patriots when they won their first Championship, they came out at the Super Bowl as a team. There weren't any Randy Mosses, Dante Stallworths, no one knew who Tom Brady was and their defense didn't have any "super stars" either. That team was compiled of really good players and played as a team.

    Anyone know what they've done since?

    I would let my team grow up together and gain expeirence as they become a great team together. When dealing with a franchise, you can't just look at THIS year. You have to put yourself in position for wins in the future. You need to ALWAYS be looking to help your team's future. That means you draft well and put those players on the field right now while you rebuild.

    I'd evaluate each player individualy and only fire players like Ryan Sims who had plenty of opportunities to perform without doing so.

    I wouldn't care what ignorant fans who have no patience say, I would put my head down and plow thru a couple difficult seasons. All those fans who'll be trashing us will be back after we're in the playoffs year after year.

    The "any given Sunday" rule is around because you never know what's going to happen in a game. If you're a great team, you find ways and prepare to beat teams you should beat. We should've beaten the Bills, Broncos, and the Colts in the playoffs...but it didn't happen.

    I promise my plan of sacrifice/reward for a franchise would kill anything you could think of.
    this post is irrelevant and stupid.

  6. #185
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    this post is irrelevant and stupid.

    Thanks for pointing that out and making yourself about a grand in Arrowcash!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  7. #186
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    this post is irrelevant and stupid.


  8. #187
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,142
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    lol...if i were running a team, we'd be a perennial playoff contender, not a team who had an 8-8 record, then 13-3, then back down to 7-9 and miss the playoffs for the next few years.

    Let me help you out...

    With all of the words that you have posted here, you have never said anything that "helped me out". I find almost everything that you have ever said as erronous.

    you can pull out those 3 seasons over 20 years if you'd like, but since 1989, this team has played 307 games with a winning pct. of .57654723.

    so, in just under 20 years, this team has won BARELY more than half it's games.

    So, then, above average, right? Even including the bad years, above average would still be the the way to term this.

    mediocre

    adjective
    1. moderate to inferior in quality; "they improved the quality from mediocre to above average"
    2. lacking exceptional quality or ability; "a novel of average merit"; "only a fair performance of the sonata"; "in fair health"; "the caliber of the students has gone from mediocre to above average"; "the performance was middling at best" [syn: average]
    3. poor to middling in quality; "there have been good and mediocre and bad artists"

    So then you are admitting a mistake here?

    I've never called for anyone to be fired...ESPECIALLY the head coach. Unlike you, who wants to fire a coach we just got...and just in time for the third season...hypocrite.

    I don't have time to go digging for your posts that suggest the firing of Carl Peterson, but you know who you are. Besides, I am simply disgruntled at the fact that we ever hired Herm. And I would be thrilled to bring in a qualified head coach, like Bill Cowher.

    If i was in charge of the team, I'd let as many young players play as i possibly could my first few years so they would show bigger dividends sooner.

    Kind of like the Cleveland Browns? How many years has it taken them to reach the state of below average? Or maybe you would have us looking like the Houston Texans? They also like to collect high draft picks.

    Which is what i've been saying the whole season, which is the same thing that you call "teaching your team to lose". It's actually teaching your team to play.

    Exactly.

    While my young team was gaining game experience, i'd be stock piling draft picks to go with the high picks i'd be recieving because of a couple rebuilding seasons with new QB and rookie and first year players.

    Again, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, San Francisco, Oakland. See what I dislike about your thinking yet?

    While i was rebuilding my team, i'd look at my roster and see which players would be too far past their prime to depend on when my team DOES start their playoff runs. I don't care if they are super stars like Larry Johnson. In return, i'm stock piling more draft picks and young players who can contribute longer than a 28 yr old RB who could get injured quite easily because of his position.

    Fans show up for wins, not super stars.

    So you would likely be moving your team after a few terrible seasons?

    If you look at the Patriots when they won their first Championship, they came out at the Super Bowl as a team. There weren't any Randy Mosses, Dante Stallworths, no one knew who Tom Brady was and their defense didn't have any "super stars" either. That team was compiled of really good players and played as a team.

    Anyone know what they've done since?

    Yeah. Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth.

    I would let my team grow up together and gain expeirence as they become a great team together. When dealing with a franchise, you can't just look at THIS year.

    I am looking directly at your teams future. You are creating a paper champion.

    You have to put yourself in position for wins in the future. You need to ALWAYS be looking to help your team's future. That means you draft well and put those players on the field right now while you rebuild.

    Or, like teaching children to ride a bike, you can do things like talk, explain what they need to do, and practice, help them by not just throwing them on the bike and shoving them off, or even showing, let them look at how it is done. Your "kids" in this scenario are going to get cut, bruised and very, very discouraged. There is a fair chance that they will quit on you.

    I'd evaluate each player individualy and only fire players like Ryan Sims who had plenty of opportunities to perform without doing so.

    I wouldn't care what ignorant fans who have no patience say, I would put my head down and plow thru a couple difficult seasons. All those fans who'll be trashing us will be back after we're in the playoffs year after year.

    But you would be gone by then.

    The "any given Sunday" rule is around because you never know what's going to happen in a game. If you're a great team, you find ways and prepare to beat teams you should beat. We should've beaten the Bills, Broncos, and the Colts in the playoffs...but it didn't happen.

    Exactly. "Any given Sunday". The Steelers won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago, from the six-seed.

    I promise my plan of sacrifice/reward for a franchise would kill anything you could think of.
    Oh thank the heavens that you decided to promise me. Well, I'll go that route. I promise that your team would be a perrenial cellar-dwellar.

    Just because you have a plan, most certainly does not mean that it would work.

    But then I am certain that you would only draft the Peyton Mannings and Ladanian Tomlinsons with each pick. Obviously you would never get stuck with the Alex Smiths (Sorry Rbedgood) or the Lawrence Phillips' in any draft choices.

    Obviously, none of YOUR drafted players would ever have major injuries either.

    Get a grip.

  9. #188
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Oh thank the heavens that you decided to promise me. Well, I'll go that route. I promise that your team would be a perrenial cellar-dwellar.

    Just because you have a plan, most certainly does not mean that it would work.

    But then I am certain that you would only draft the Peyton Mannings and Ladanian Tomlinsons with each pick. Obviously you would never get stuck with the Alex Smiths (Sorry Rbedgood) or the Lawrence Phillips' in any draft choices.

    Obviously, none of YOUR drafted players would ever have major injuries either.

    Get a grip.
    I thought for certain that you would throw a Todd Blackledge comment in there.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  10. #189
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This comment is to make sure this is on quick remind.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  11. #190
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Oh thank the heavens that you decided to promise me. Well, I'll go that route. I promise that your team would be a perrenial cellar-dwellar.

    Just because you have a plan, most certainly does not mean that it would work.

    But then I am certain that you would only draft the Peyton Mannings and Ladanian Tomlinsons with each pick. Obviously you would never get stuck with the Alex Smiths (Sorry Rbedgood) or the Lawrence Phillips' in any draft choices.

    Obviously, none of YOUR drafted players would ever have major injuries either.

    Get a grip.
    You're right, I would fire Carl Peterson. He's had 20 years and done nothing...he's had his chance. and no, not ALL high draft picks would be great...which is why you get a bunch of them.

    By the way, you're not the authority on Chiefs football and this plan wouldn't fail just because you say it would.

    We've had the same crap here year in, year out. You can cherry pick teams with poor GMs like the Raiders, Browns, etc...but far more teams have won with a similar approach to mine than have failed.

    But, since you're a moderator, you think you have the right to shoot down any opinion differing from yours...which, by the way, you have failed to present.

    From what i've gathered from your posts, Bill Cower is your answer to everything wrong with the Chiefs.

    So quit being a critic and present something better since everyone's wrong but you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •