Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 223

Thread: Croyle and the rest of this season?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Croyle and the rest of this season?


    0 Not allowed!
    This is a harsh opinion, but I'm throwing it out there.

    So when do we start Croyle? The last game of the season? Unless they draft offensive linemen and acquire some talent off the market(which they won't) the O will be just as terrible next year as it is this year. So do it now. Yes, it will be tough. It will also show what he's made of in toughness and mentality.

    They knew they had issues going back to last year and even the pre-season. Did they bring in any starting free agents? Nope. Did they draft any potential starting O-line players? Nope.

    Herm and Peterson keep telling us that the team needs to be younger but keep bringing in old talent. ie Law, Surtain, Turley, etc. Instead they invested a boat load of money into an ineffective RB in Larry Johnson who didn't even have the decency to honor his contract. That guy is another T.O. and Moss and infects the locker room like a virus. They should have kept Bennett and sent his sorry a$$ packing when he pulled that. Call Vermeil what you want, but he brought in good decent players you liked and they performed for him. He didn't like LJ and I guess we're starting to see why.

    Personally, the rest of this season is a wash. Yeah, we might win the West, but it sure isn't anything to brag about like past years. That will be it, because we can't even come close to competing in the playoffs. Start Croyle, maybe rotate some developing O line players and let's give the "QB of the future" some experience and serious playing time.

    Huard will not win us a Superbowl, the O line will not win us a Superbowl and a strong defense alone will not win us a Superbowl. I want a Bowl appearance and I really could care less about winning the AFC West. I think we sell ourselves short and are settling for less if all we really care about is the AFC West. We as fans need to demand more.

    I'm so disappointed this year. I knew we would struggle, but not to this extent. There are so many problems that this team needs to address. All the way from ageing corners, ageing QB and a failure of an effective O line. They need to really, really shake something up now! You also never hear if Huard has even taken a leadership role in this team.
    Last edited by greg3564; 11-08-2007 at 01:27 AM.

    Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

  2. #191
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    More late night entertainment.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  3. #192
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,141
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You're right, I would fire Carl Peterson. He's had 20 years and done nothing...he's had his chance. and no, not ALL high draft picks would be great...which is why you get a bunch of them.

    By the way, you're not the authority on Chiefs football and this plan wouldn't fail just because you say it would.

    We've had the same crap here year in, year out. You can cherry pick teams with poor GMs like the Raiders, Browns, etc...but far more teams have won with a similar approach to mine than have failed.

    But, since you're a moderator, you think you have the right to shoot down any opinion differing from yours...which, by the way, you have failed to present.

    From what i've gathered from your posts, Bill Cower is your answer to everything wrong with the Chiefs.

    So quit being a critic and present something better since everyone's wrong but you.

    There ya go. Just give up and cry. Why is my guarantee any less valid than yours? I only made one, because you seemed to want to go that route. Now you just want to snivel about it?

    Moderator or not, I feel extremely free to "shoot down" your opinions. The same way that you enjoy doing the same. Don't give me that "Mod abuse" crap. I have done nothing different with you lately, than I did before any moderator title.

    As for "presenting something"... I did. Your plan is like the plans of every horrible franchise in the NFL, and you are trying to say that more of those teams succeed than not.

    B.S.

    You just said that you would need "a bunch" of those high first round draft picks. That's generally a bunch of losing seasons. Then, after you have trained the majority of them how to be amongst the worst teams in the NFL, you think you are just going to magically become a Super Bowl champion because you have a roster with alot of those high draft guys.


  4. #193
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    There ya go. Just give up and cry. Why is my guarantee any less valid than yours? I only made one, because you seemed to want to go that route. Now you just want to snivel about it?

    Moderator or not, I feel extremely free to "shoot down" your opinions. The same way that you enjoy doing the same. Don't give me that "Mod abuse" crap. I have done nothing different with you lately, than I did before any moderator title.

    As for "presenting something"... I did. Your plan is like the plans of every horrible franchise in the NFL, and you are trying to say that more of those teams succeed than not.

    B.S.

    You just said that you would need "a bunch" of those high first round draft picks. That's generally a bunch of losing seasons. Then, after you have trained the majority of them how to be amongst the worst teams in the NFL, you think you are just going to magically become a Super Bowl champion because you have a roster with alot of those high draft guys.

    who said anything about giving up? If i'm so obviously wrong, i just figured it would be easy to straighten me out.

    ...again, waiting for you to present something better. saying my plan won't work isn't a plan.

    as far as multiple high draft picks, you can get those other ways than just losing. for example, you could trade super stars in their prime such as LJ since his services would be wasted while we rebuilt. You could also trade good players and draft picks to move up in the draft. But of course, that's a revolutionary idea that has never, ever been done before, so i wouldn't expect you to consider it.

  5. #194
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    who said anything about giving up? If i'm so obviously wrong, i just figured it would be easy to straighten me out.

    ...again, waiting for you to present something better. saying my plan won't work isn't a plan.

    as far as multiple high draft picks, you can get those other ways than just losing. for example, you could trade super stars in their prime such as LJ since his services would be wasted while we rebuilt. You could also trade good players and draft picks to move up in the draft. But of course, that's a revolutionary idea that has never, ever been done before, so i wouldn't expect you to consider it.
    since everyone else is too nice to say it to his face...you are a dumbarzz.

    Do you not understand the business aspect of the NFL? That is how the league works...the business part of it. Without that, there are no teams, no stadiums, no revenue.

    you want to get rid of the Chiefs #1 jersey seller for some high draft picks, then be bad for a couple years with no guarantee that those draft picks will turn into what you hoped for? HAHAHAH stick to fantasy football buddy.

    the whole idea doesnt make sense. it just doesnt work that way with player contracts. It isnt as easy as you make it sound. If it was, every team would stick to "the plan."

    You are simply misinformed on.....well, pretty much life itself.

  6. #195
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    More late night entertainment.
    Blazing Saddles on again?


  7. #196
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    since everyone else is too nice to say it to his face...you are a dumbarzz.

    Do you not understand the business aspect of the NFL? That is how the league works...the business part of it. Without that, there are no teams, no stadiums, no revenue.

    you want to get rid of the Chiefs #1 jersey seller for some high draft picks, then be bad for a couple years with no guarantee that those draft picks will turn into what you hoped for? HAHAHAH stick to fantasy football buddy.

    the whole idea doesnt make sense. it just doesnt work that way with player contracts. It isnt as easy as you make it sound. If it was, every team would stick to "the plan."

    You are simply misinformed on.....well, pretty much life itself.
    yes, you drop your #1 jersey seller for more 1st round draft picks. The people who want to buy jerseys don't buy them because of Larry Johnson. They buy them because they are Chiefs fans and he is their favorite player. There are 51 other players they could choose from if Larry wasn't there. I've never gone out and bought a Derrick Thomas jersey because he was a good player. i bought one because i wanted a jersey and he was my favorite player.

    These ppl who want Jerseys will buy Allen, Hali, D. Johnson, Law, ect... you won't dip in jersey sales, you'd just have a different top jersey seller.

    Get a clue...dumbass

    What's to say those high draft picks HAVE to be busts? That's where scouting comes in...preferrably those who weren't on the Dick Vermeil staff.

    That's the problem with the Chiefs franchise. they're too worried about jersey sales than winning a ring and you're just feeding the beast.

    This season would've been the best season to do it. You had a new head coach who just took the team to the playoffs and the honeymoon hadn't ended yet. If Herm and CP had the balls to just come right out and say "we're rebuilding for a year or two", the Chiefs as a business franchise would've been able to take the hit.

    Arrowhead has sold out how many consecutive games again? How much money is the local government allocating to restore Arrowhead? The franchise is rooted deeply in Kansas City and isn't going anywhere. One of the reasons CP still has his job is the fact that Chiefs fans are so loyal, so don't give me this "business side" bull****. The franchise isn't going anywhere.

    If Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, New England, Tampa Bay, Cincinnatti, Buffalo, Green Bay, San Francisco, New Orleans, Washington, and St. Louis could hold on to their franchises after DECADES of awful, losing seasons, i think the Chiefs could handle a couple of rebuilding years.

    If anyone needs to stick to fantasy football with super stars and losing teams, it's you jackass.

  8. #197
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    since everyone else is too nice to say it to his face...you are a dumbarzz.

    Do you not understand the business aspect of the NFL? That is how the league works...the business part of it. Without that, there are no teams, no stadiums, no revenue.

    you want to get rid of the Chiefs #1 jersey seller for some high draft picks, then be bad for a couple years with no guarantee that those draft picks will turn into what you hoped for? HAHAHAH stick to fantasy football buddy.

    the whole idea doesnt make sense. it just doesnt work that way with player contracts. It isnt as easy as you make it sound. If it was, every team would stick to "the plan."

    You are simply misinformed on.....well, pretty much life itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    yes, you drop your #1 jersey seller for more 1st round draft picks. The people who want to buy jerseys don't buy them because of Larry Johnson. They buy them because they are Chiefs fans and he is their favorite player. There are 51 other players they could choose from if Larry wasn't there. I've never gone out and bought a Derrick Thomas jersey because he was a good player. i bought one because i wanted a jersey and he was my favorite player.

    These ppl who want Jerseys will buy Allen, Hali, D. Johnson, Law, ect... you won't dip in jersey sales, you'd just have a different top jersey seller.

    Get a clue...dumbass

    What's to say those high draft picks HAVE to be busts? That's where scouting comes in...preferrably those who weren't on the Dick Vermeil staff.

    That's the problem with the Chiefs franchise. they're too worried about jersey sales than winning a ring and you're just feeding the beast.

    This season would've been the best season to do it. You had a new head coach who just took the team to the playoffs and the honeymoon hadn't ended yet. If Herm and CP had the balls to just come right out and say "we're rebuilding for a year or two", the Chiefs as a business franchise would've been able to take the hit.

    Arrowhead has sold out how many consecutive games again? How much money is the local government allocating to restore Arrowhead? The franchise is rooted deeply in Kansas City and isn't going anywhere. One of the reasons CP still has his job is the fact that Chiefs fans are so loyal, so don't give me this "business side" bull****. The franchise isn't going anywhere.

    If Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, New England, Tampa Bay, Cincinnatti, Buffalo, Green Bay, San Francisco, New Orleans, Washington, and St. Louis could hold on to their franchises after DECADES of awful, losing seasons, i think the Chiefs could handle a couple of rebuilding years.

    If anyone needs to stick to fantasy football with super stars and losing teams, it's you jackass.
    There are so many freaking things I agree and disagree with here that I can't even think of a response, except to get red in the face and lose my religion.

    I'll let someone else do it until I regain my composure.





    I am at peace.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  9. #198
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    yes, you drop your #1 jersey seller for more 1st round draft picks. The people who want to buy jerseys don't buy them because of Larry Johnson. They buy them because they are Chiefs fans and he is their favorite player. There are 51 other players they could choose from if Larry wasn't there. I've never gone out and bought a Derrick Thomas jersey because he was a good player. i bought one because i wanted a jersey and he was my favorite player.

    These ppl who want Jerseys will buy Allen, Hali, D. Johnson, Law, ect... you won't dip in jersey sales, you'd just have a different top jersey seller.

    Get a clue...dumbass

    What's to say those high draft picks HAVE to be busts? That's where scouting comes in...preferrably those who weren't on the Dick Vermeil staff.

    That's the problem with the Chiefs franchise. they're too worried about jersey sales than winning a ring and you're just feeding the beast.

    This season would've been the best season to do it. You had a new head coach who just took the team to the playoffs and the honeymoon hadn't ended yet. If Herm and CP had the balls to just come right out and say "we're rebuilding for a year or two", the Chiefs as a business franchise would've been able to take the hit.

    Arrowhead has sold out how many consecutive games again? How much money is the local government allocating to restore Arrowhead? The franchise is rooted deeply in Kansas City and isn't going anywhere. One of the reasons CP still has his job is the fact that Chiefs fans are so loyal, so don't give me this "business side" bull****. The franchise isn't going anywhere.

    If Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, New England, Tampa Bay, Cincinnatti, Buffalo, Green Bay, San Francisco, New Orleans, Washington, and St. Louis could hold on to their franchises after DECADES of awful, losing seasons, i think the Chiefs could handle a couple of rebuilding years.

    If anyone needs to stick to fantasy football with super stars and losing teams, it's you jackass.
    Ohhhh and how those Eddie Drummond Jerseys are flying off the shelves.




  10. #199
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,715
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    yes, you drop your #1 jersey seller for more 1st round draft picks. The people who want to buy jerseys don't buy them because of Larry Johnson. They buy them because they are Chiefs fans and he is their favorite player. There are 51 other players they could choose from if Larry wasn't there. I've never gone out and bought a Derrick Thomas jersey because he was a good player. i bought one because i wanted a jersey and he was my favorite player.

    These ppl who want Jerseys will buy Allen, Hali, D. Johnson, Law, ect... you won't dip in jersey sales, you'd just have a different top jersey seller.

    Get a clue...dumbass

    What's to say those high draft picks HAVE to be busts? That's where scouting comes in...preferrably those who weren't on the Dick Vermeil staff.

    That's the problem with the Chiefs franchise. they're too worried about jersey sales than winning a ring and you're just feeding the beast.

    This season would've been the best season to do it. You had a new head coach who just took the team to the playoffs and the honeymoon hadn't ended yet. If Herm and CP had the balls to just come right out and say "we're rebuilding for a year or two", the Chiefs as a business franchise would've been able to take the hit.

    Arrowhead has sold out how many consecutive games again? How much money is the local government allocating to restore Arrowhead? The franchise is rooted deeply in Kansas City and isn't going anywhere. One of the reasons CP still has his job is the fact that Chiefs fans are so loyal, so don't give me this "business side" bull****. The franchise isn't going anywhere.

    If Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, New England, Tampa Bay, Cincinnatti, Buffalo, Green Bay, San Francisco, New Orleans, Washington, and St. Louis could hold on to their franchises after DECADES of awful, losing seasons, i think the Chiefs could handle a couple of rebuilding years.

    If anyone needs to stick to fantasy football with super stars and losing teams, it's you jackass.
    Dude there is no reason to call people names just cause they don't agree with you. That's not what this site is about.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  11. #200
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Dude there is no reason to call people names just cause they don't agree with you. That's not what this site is about.
    so, you don't defend yourself when someone calls you a name? but thanks for your .02.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •