Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Croyle and the rest of this season?

Default Croyle and the rest of this season?

This is a harsh opinion, but I'm throwing it out there.

So when do we start Croyle? The last game of the season? Unless they draft offensive linemen and acquire some talent off the market(which they won't) the O will be just as terrible next year as it is this year. So do it now. Yes, it will be tough. It will also show what he's made of in toughness and mentality.

They knew they had issues going back to last year and even the pre-season. Did they bring in any starting free agents? Nope. Did they draft any potential starting O-line players? Nope.

Herm and Peterson keep telling us that the team needs to be younger but keep bringing in old talent. ie Law, Surtain, Turley, etc. Instead they invested a boat load of money into an ineffective RB in Larry Johnson who didn't even have the decency to honor his contract. That guy is another T.O. and Moss and infects the locker room like a virus. They should have kept Bennett and sent his sorry a$$ packing when he pulled that. Call Vermeil what you want, but he brought in good decent players you liked and they performed for him. He didn't like LJ and I guess we're starting to see why.

Personally, the rest of this season is a wash. Yeah, we might win the West, but it sure isn't anything to brag about like past years. That will be it, because we can't even come close to competing in the playoffs. Start Croyle, maybe rotate some developing O line players and let's give the "QB of the future" some experience and serious playing time.

Huard will not win us a Superbowl, the O line will not win us a Superbowl and a strong defense alone will not win us a Superbowl. I want a Bowl appearance and I really could care less about winning the AFC West. I think we sell ourselves short and are settling for less if all we really care about is the AFC West. We as fans need to demand more.

I'm so disappointed this year. I knew we would struggle, but not to this extent. There are so many problems that this team needs to address. All the way from ageing corners, ageing QB and a failure of an effective O line. They need to really, really shake something up now! You also never hear if Huard has even taken a leadership role in this team.
    Last edited by greg3564; 11-08-2007 at 12:27 AM.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ALRIGHT!!!!

IT'S GETTING WAY TOO "CALIFORNIA LIBERAL" IN HERE!!

SOMEBODY PLEASE START SMOKING, SPANKING THEIR KIDS AND TALKIN CRAP TO ME AGAIN...or go change your pad.

i hate coombuya crap.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE "HARDCORE" CHIEFS DISCUSSION. IT DOESN'T ALWAYS HAVE TO BE LIKE WE'RE TALKING TO OUR GRANDMOTHERS.

While cursing and name calling isn't great behavior, I've been called worse than a "dumbarrz." By the way Timsatt1, you didn't need to appologize to me. I'm an adult, i'll be fine. I hope you're doing ok as well.

So, now that we've hit the reset button, can we get back to football and why my ideas are horrible...please?
    haha good stuff. I think we would get along well on a political message board.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ok, i think i'm misunderstood on this point. I DO NOT want the Chiefs to lose. I want their young players to get growing time and experience ON THE FIELD.

Now, IF that means sacrificing wins to allow these kids to play, then so be it. I for one, would be willing to let them grow for a couple years. It's not like i'm advocating the players to go out and lose so we could get high draft picks. Who knows, the young guys might make up for their inexperience with athletic ability...ahem CB/QB.

If we had done that this year, Brodie would either:

A) Played better than Huard=more wins/established himself as the future QB
    B) Played the same as Huard=same wins/gained a full season of experience to take into next year
    C) Played worse than Huard=less wins/gained a full season of experience to take into next year while the team aquires a high draft position.

Just because we would have a poor record and a high draft position going into the offseason doesn't necessarily make the Chiefs a "bad team." Just a "young team." With the defense the Chiefs have built, we won't be a horrible team for a while. Then, if we were to go into the offseason and add some offensive talent thru Free Agency and the draft, this team could have a chance to BOOM next season.

The realists on this board and even those who knew football...deep down understood this team wasn't a title contending team and should've been in "rebuilding" mode all season. The reason (I believe) we weren't in that mode is because CP knows he's on the hot seat and wanted the QB who gave him the "best chance to win now", on the field; which we now know was Huard in their minds. Even watching HARD KNOCKS, you could tell that Herm Edwards and Dick Curl wanted to go with Brodie. Even THEY were saying "at some point you gotta take the plunge with the young guy." Starting Huard was Carl's choice. "Let's not get it twisted now." (for you hermhater)

This franchise would have more of an idea of where it was headed had Croyle started all season.

Again, allowing your young players to play isn't teaching your players to lose. Allowing your first and second year players to get game experience allows you to evaluate talent for next season. Then, going into the draft, you have a much better picture of what you need to do to be a contender that offseason.

I believe rebuilding seasons should happen once a decade or decade and a half, depending on how good your team is and how much time your super stars and team leaders have left in the tank; Kinda like hitting the reset button. At some point, you have to replace your team leaders like QB and MLB...and guess which position is a question mark right now...lol.

A little off topic, but i was one of the guys suggesting an LJ trade before, during, and after the draft, before the season started and during the season. In retrospect, a trade that would've benefit both teams would've been to send LJ to Green Bay for maybe a couple mid-round draft picks and Aaron Rogers (at the very least). Doesn't look like Favre is going anywhere anytime soon. Rogers has been sitting behind Favre for a couple seasons and watching one of the best of all time as a mentor. I have a feeling he's gonna be really good.
    an lj trade BEFORE his new contract would have been wonderful...

...now that he has the big contract, WE ARE STUCK! we completely kicked our own arzes by signing him for all that money. That move will haunt the chiefs for a while. That KILLED US!

This thread wasn't closed. timsatt1 had posted here, perhaps making it less desirable to reply.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223