Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 223

Thread: Croyle and the rest of this season?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Croyle and the rest of this season?


    0 Not allowed!
    This is a harsh opinion, but I'm throwing it out there.

    So when do we start Croyle? The last game of the season? Unless they draft offensive linemen and acquire some talent off the market(which they won't) the O will be just as terrible next year as it is this year. So do it now. Yes, it will be tough. It will also show what he's made of in toughness and mentality.

    They knew they had issues going back to last year and even the pre-season. Did they bring in any starting free agents? Nope. Did they draft any potential starting O-line players? Nope.

    Herm and Peterson keep telling us that the team needs to be younger but keep bringing in old talent. ie Law, Surtain, Turley, etc. Instead they invested a boat load of money into an ineffective RB in Larry Johnson who didn't even have the decency to honor his contract. That guy is another T.O. and Moss and infects the locker room like a virus. They should have kept Bennett and sent his sorry a$$ packing when he pulled that. Call Vermeil what you want, but he brought in good decent players you liked and they performed for him. He didn't like LJ and I guess we're starting to see why.

    Personally, the rest of this season is a wash. Yeah, we might win the West, but it sure isn't anything to brag about like past years. That will be it, because we can't even come close to competing in the playoffs. Start Croyle, maybe rotate some developing O line players and let's give the "QB of the future" some experience and serious playing time.

    Huard will not win us a Superbowl, the O line will not win us a Superbowl and a strong defense alone will not win us a Superbowl. I want a Bowl appearance and I really could care less about winning the AFC West. I think we sell ourselves short and are settling for less if all we really care about is the AFC West. We as fans need to demand more.

    I'm so disappointed this year. I knew we would struggle, but not to this extent. There are so many problems that this team needs to address. All the way from ageing corners, ageing QB and a failure of an effective O line. They need to really, really shake something up now! You also never hear if Huard has even taken a leadership role in this team.
    Last edited by greg3564; 11-08-2007 at 12:27 AM.

    Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

  2. #71
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I forgot to add that after twenty years away from coaching, Vermiel started over with another aweful team, and took them to the Super Bowl, in...his third season?

    Where the hell did you come from?

    Feel free to post away while someone is responding.

    Abusing you're mod privileges again I see?




    What is DrunkHillbilly smokin'?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  3. #72
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    How cool would it be to have Herm as a DC, and DV as an OC? WHo would our HC be?
    Everything happens for a reason.

  4. #73
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Here you go agaian. Bashing great coaches, in favor of an arguably decent head coach.

    Her's some fuel for you...

    Vermiel went to a horrid Eagles team, and took them to the Super Bowl in his fourth season.

    Cowher was the youngest head coach to ever take a team to the Super Bowl, when he did it in his fourth season.

    Herm is in his seventh season, including wearing out his welcome after five, with the Jets. Where does he stand by that comparison?

    As for our current defense, I say they are led by two of Vermiels guys. Jared Allen and Derrick Johnson. Not that I am dissing Herms eye for defensive talent, but you paint a picture of Herms guys dominating this defense, when there is something else going on.

    You rip Vermeil for not supplying defense, but ignore all of Herms offenses. I understand that you think he needs more time to show what he can do, but you ignore his faults, or just let them pass, while raging about Vermiel and Cowhers' failures.

    Don't ya think?
    The reason people turned on him in New York was because there was a rumor he'd take this job. That's the only reason. Out of all the years Herm's been in the league, how many of those has he had a stable QB? Not many.

    I only talk about what Vermiel did here. Not in Philly or St. Louis...cuz he didn't do that here. DJ is a first round pick #16...HE BETTER BE A LEADER!...where's Sims #6 again? We lucked out with Jared Allen. There's a reason so many teams passed on him.

    Don't forget, it was Vermiel who pitched a fit that we drafted LJ. Let's not get into Dick's drafting for the Chiefs, because you're going to lose this arguement ugly.

    What has Herm done on offense? Please, tell me. Besides drafting 7 offensive players with 14 picks, including a first round WR and a 3rd round QB?

    I guarantee Herm will do more for the offense than Dick did for the defense if he's here as long.

  5. #74
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    That ain't good enough anymore.

    I won't have it.

    Sorry chief31, but I'm tired of ONLY making the playoffs.

    With the lack of parity in the NFL now, and dynasties happening every decade, I don't buy it.

    It takes dirty ball to win championships, and HERM is too clean a guy to do that.

    SUPERBOWL OR NOTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Give me your definition of dirty ball before I decide if I agree with you or not.

    Last year, we got luck to make it. This year, if we win the division, it will be due to being the least worst team in the AFCW. Being the least worst doesn't make us good or Super Bowl caliber. I agree that playoffs will be an embarrassment at this point.
    Tony Dungy ain't the guy with the halo above his head like they portray him. He has his demons, just like everyone else.

    He is doing whatever it takes to win games.

    He has went out and gotten the guy that keeps beating him in the playoffs.

    This weeks went contrary to half the viewers beliefs, but was still a pretty good game.


    I guess what I'm trying to say is "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'."

    Go Chiefs!

    (Plus get in the f@rking Casino and join the Hold 'em game)
    Last edited by hermhater; 11-08-2007 at 03:59 AM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  6. #75
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Tony Dungy ain't the guy with the halo above his head like they portray him. He has his demons, just like everyone else.

    He is doing whatever it takes to win games.

    He has went out and gotten the guy that keeps beating him in the playoffs.

    This weeks went contrary to half the viewers beliefs, but was still a pretty good game.


    I guess what I'm trying to say is "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'."

    Go Chiefs!

    Then I disagree. I'd like to think we're above that. They're not only athletes, they're role models too.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  7. #76
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Then I disagree. I'd like to think we're above that. They're not only athletes, they're role models too.
    that's cute.

    give me a ring...and

    you're kidding yourself if you think that New England thing was an isolated event.
    they're not the only ones doing stuff like that.
    NFL football isn't high school football.

  8. #77
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    How cool would it be to have Herm as a DC, and DV as an OC? WHo would our HC be?
    BB (Bill Belirunupthescore).


    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  9. #78
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    How cool would it be to have Herm as a DC, and DV as an OC? WHo would our HC be?
    I don't want either as Coordinators. Give me an experienced offense who could understand and execute the complex offense of Al Saunders and a young aggressive defense that won't cry after Gunther Cunningham gets done with them and Herm Edwards as the head coach.

  10. #79
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    that's cute.

    give me a ring...and

    you're kidding yourself if you think that New England thing was an isolated event.
    they're not the only ones doing stuff like that.
    NFL football isn't high school football.
    You'll have to forgive me. I'm just some chick who sees everything through rose colored glasses, and who finds it impossible to have her own opinions.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  11. #80
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I don't want either as Coordinators. Give me an experienced offense who could understand and execute the complex offense of Al Saunders and a young aggressive defense that won't cry after Gunther Cunningham gets done with them and Herm Edwards as the head coach.
    What has either produced? ANd if you say playoff births, I'll ring your neck.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •