Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 223

Thread: Croyle and the rest of this season?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Croyle and the rest of this season?


    0 Not allowed!
    This is a harsh opinion, but I'm throwing it out there.

    So when do we start Croyle? The last game of the season? Unless they draft offensive linemen and acquire some talent off the market(which they won't) the O will be just as terrible next year as it is this year. So do it now. Yes, it will be tough. It will also show what he's made of in toughness and mentality.

    They knew they had issues going back to last year and even the pre-season. Did they bring in any starting free agents? Nope. Did they draft any potential starting O-line players? Nope.

    Herm and Peterson keep telling us that the team needs to be younger but keep bringing in old talent. ie Law, Surtain, Turley, etc. Instead they invested a boat load of money into an ineffective RB in Larry Johnson who didn't even have the decency to honor his contract. That guy is another T.O. and Moss and infects the locker room like a virus. They should have kept Bennett and sent his sorry a$$ packing when he pulled that. Call Vermeil what you want, but he brought in good decent players you liked and they performed for him. He didn't like LJ and I guess we're starting to see why.

    Personally, the rest of this season is a wash. Yeah, we might win the West, but it sure isn't anything to brag about like past years. That will be it, because we can't even come close to competing in the playoffs. Start Croyle, maybe rotate some developing O line players and let's give the "QB of the future" some experience and serious playing time.

    Huard will not win us a Superbowl, the O line will not win us a Superbowl and a strong defense alone will not win us a Superbowl. I want a Bowl appearance and I really could care less about winning the AFC West. I think we sell ourselves short and are settling for less if all we really care about is the AFC West. We as fans need to demand more.

    I'm so disappointed this year. I knew we would struggle, but not to this extent. There are so many problems that this team needs to address. All the way from ageing corners, ageing QB and a failure of an effective O line. They need to really, really shake something up now! You also never hear if Huard has even taken a leadership role in this team.
    Last edited by greg3564; 11-08-2007 at 12:27 AM.

    Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

  2. #31
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Hell, I want Bellicheck (however you spell it) as our coach. NO MERCY!!!!
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,762
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Really? hmm...the guy has been a head coach in this league for less than a decade and hasn't been with one team long enough to build his program. No body knows what Herm could do with a long tenure at one team.

    Herm has gone to the playoffs more than half the time he's been a head coach..i like that in a coach. But, that's just me.

    I'd rather have Herm, a young defensive minded coach who's potential hasn't been realized than to go thru another coaching change for some guy like Bill Cower, who was with the Steelers for 2 decades and took them to only 2 Super Bowls and only one SB win.

    Umm, i'd like to see what Herm's ceiling as a coach is before we bring in someone who will get us to a Super Bowl in 2017 and win us one in 2027. But, again, that's just me. Herm may be able to do it before then. But it might require patience

    By the way...that SB win was AFTER they took a QB in the first round.

    Bill Cower didn't win a Super Bowl until he drafted a QB in the first round. Just a fun little fact.

    But, impatient fans who don't appreciate going to the playoffs since '06, a rebuilt, young, potential laden defense call for Damon Huard to start at the beginning of the season and call for the coach's head.

    Impatient people generally don't like to wait. Letting a 3rd round QB mature during this season probably would've meant "waiting" for wins until next season. But, turns out, we're still having to wait with Huard.

    Also, fans calling for Herm's head don't see all the things he's done since he's been here. Just because it isn't on the offensive side of the ball, doesn't make him a bad coach. The guy can only do so much in one season.

    He's built what COULD be a dominant defense. Now, he can work on the offensive side of the ball. But, he IS defensive minded coach, so obviously, that was his priority. Plus, it's not like the offense needed THAT much attention when he got here. He kept most of the previous offensive staff. He hasn't done much to the offense. Which is the problem.


    By the way, no one knows what kind of head coach Saunders is going to be either. That would've taken patience too.

    Someone was talking about Al Saunders as head coach rather than Herm Edwards. I keep forgetting he did SO much for the offensive jugernaut that IS the Washington Redskins. It would have been just as tough to bear with Saunders as a head coach as it is Edwards.

    But, what are you gonna do?

    ...drinking a beer.

    How was that?
    Last edited by texaschief; 11-08-2007 at 02:20 AM.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    WTF is going on in here?
    Everything happens for a reason.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Hell, I want Bellicheck (however you spell it) as our coach. NO MERCY!!!!
    No thanks.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,762
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    So you think Herm would be able to do better with twice the years that Dick coached here?

    LMAO!!! uh, he's already tied him in playoff appearances. I'd say it's only up from here, so hell yeah!!! He'll do MUCH better than Dickie!!

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    LMAO!!! uh, he's already tied him in playoff appearances. I'd say it's only up from here, so hell yeah!!! He'll do MUCH better than Dickie!!
    Because HERM inherits playoff caliber teams and then turns them into 1980's playoff teams.

    Dick was 10-6 and didn't make the playoffs.

    It ain't just the Chiefs the entire NFL is without parity.

    From your point of view 9-7 is better than 10-6, if you make the playoffs.

    If you have been watching the AFC west for 25 years you would see what I am talking about.

    Last edited by hermhater; 11-08-2007 at 02:30 AM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #37
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    10-6 sucks
    9-7 sucks

    11-5 or greater is all that matters.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    LMAO!!! uh, he's already tied him in playoff appearances. I'd say it's only up from here, so hell yeah!!! He'll do MUCH better than Dickie!!
    I think it's sad when we get get so excited over just making it to the playoffs.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    10-6 sucks
    9-7 sucks

    11-5 or greater is all that matters.
    Too bad I can see us losing more than one more game.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    LMAO!!! uh, he's already tied him in playoff appearances. I'd say it's only up from here, so hell yeah!!! He'll do MUCH better than Dickie!!
    It is good to look at stats, but if you haven't watched the talent on the field then you need to see some film.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •