Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Croyle and the rest of this season?

Default Croyle and the rest of this season?

This is a harsh opinion, but I'm throwing it out there.

So when do we start Croyle? The last game of the season? Unless they draft offensive linemen and acquire some talent off the market(which they won't) the O will be just as terrible next year as it is this year. So do it now. Yes, it will be tough. It will also show what he's made of in toughness and mentality.

They knew they had issues going back to last year and even the pre-season. Did they bring in any starting free agents? Nope. Did they draft any potential starting O-line players? Nope.

Herm and Peterson keep telling us that the team needs to be younger but keep bringing in old talent. ie Law, Surtain, Turley, etc. Instead they invested a boat load of money into an ineffective RB in Larry Johnson who didn't even have the decency to honor his contract. That guy is another T.O. and Moss and infects the locker room like a virus. They should have kept Bennett and sent his sorry a$$ packing when he pulled that. Call Vermeil what you want, but he brought in good decent players you liked and they performed for him. He didn't like LJ and I guess we're starting to see why.

Personally, the rest of this season is a wash. Yeah, we might win the West, but it sure isn't anything to brag about like past years. That will be it, because we can't even come close to competing in the playoffs. Start Croyle, maybe rotate some developing O line players and let's give the "QB of the future" some experience and serious playing time.

Huard will not win us a Superbowl, the O line will not win us a Superbowl and a strong defense alone will not win us a Superbowl. I want a Bowl appearance and I really could care less about winning the AFC West. I think we sell ourselves short and are settling for less if all we really care about is the AFC West. We as fans need to demand more.

I'm so disappointed this year. I knew we would struggle, but not to this extent. There are so many problems that this team needs to address. All the way from ageing corners, ageing QB and a failure of an effective O line. They need to really, really shake something up now! You also never hear if Huard has even taken a leadership role in this team.
    Last edited by greg3564; 11-08-2007 at 12:27 AM.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Just about everyone knows this team isn't going to the Superbowl, however if we do make the playoffs, we may be able to win the first round, since it'll probably be a home game.
    I doubt Law will be back next year, and Surtain may be in his final year next year. The backup corners are already playing at times. We know a whole lot of the offense is bad, but to call this year a disappointment, I dunno if I'd go that far.
    A lot of people didn't think we'd be 4-4 right now, lots thought we might win 4 games all year, it may be a disappointment as far as some areas of offensive production, but definitely not in wins.
    I would love to see Croyle in as well, but unless something dramatic happens, I just don't see it happening as long as Herm sees Huard producing.

Awesome post guy! Rep!

I'm sure this will cause controversy here on the Crowd, and for that I am happy!

You have covered some very salient points about the Chiefs woes.

I think Vermeil got Law so we can't blame that on HERM, except he didn't do anything about it after last year.

I am ready for a team that doesn't squeak into the playoffs, rather blows through them and can be competitive in the Super Bowl!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Just about everyone knows this team isn't going to the Superbowl, however if we do make the playoffs, we may be able to win the first round, since it'll probably be a home game.
    I doubt Law will be back next year, and Surtain may be in his final year next year. The backup corners are already playing at times. We know a whole lot of the offense is bad, but to call this year a disappointment, I dunno if I'd go that far.
    A lot of people didn't think we'd be 4-4 right now, lots thought we might win 4 games all year, it may be a disappointment as far as some areas of offensive production, but definitely not in wins.
    I would love to see Croyle in as well, but unless something dramatic happens, I just don't see it happening as long as Herm sees Huard producing.
    Law is old and broken, Surtain takes baby steps.

P!sses me of man...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

good post.

I think the O-line is the only glaring need we have right now. Going into the offseason, i'm sure O-line will be at the top of their priority list. Coming into this season, the line didn't look this bad on paper.

McIntosh is an upgrade over Black.

Wiegman should've gone to a pro bowl by now.

Welbourn was a decent tackle who was returning to his natural postition at guard.

Waters is a pro bowl guard.

The only real question coming into the season was whether Turley/Terry could handle the other tackle spot...and they haven't.

Also, the other guys on the line have under-achieved this year.

Wiegman isn't playing great and Welbourn isn't Will Shields...but few are.

McIntosh isn't Roaf...but few are.

Let's just hope LJ's contract isn't too much for us to sign a big FA O-lineman this year...if there ARE any. While Herm has a history of not drafting any O-linemen, CP has a history of providing GREAT O-lines and he has the final say.

As far as the QB goes, we know what the ceiling is on Huard. We don't know that about Croyle. I think we've got a great backup QB in Huard. As long as his record isn't under .500, you're happy with your backup.

But a .500 record isn't ok for a starter.

Is it too late to get Favre in free agency?

...and there is no chance of getting good O linemen in the middle of the season with all the money we spent on LJ.

I am starting to see your point chief31.

But don't go and get all ****y and sh!t!

...wonder what we can get for LJ now.

way to kill the franchise Carl. Who's the next RB we're gonna throw cash at?

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Awesome post guy! Rep!

I'm sure this will cause controversy here on the Crowd, and for that I am happy!

You have covered some very salient points about the Chiefs woes.

I think Vermeil got Law so we can't blame that on HERM, except he didn't do anything about it after last year.

I am ready for a team that doesn't squeak into the playoffs, rather blows through them and can be competitive in the Super Bowl!
    Nope. Edwards brought Law in. Vermeil was not interested.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Nope. Edwards brought Law in. Vermeil was not interested.
    Thanks man.

And to think I was all stoked when we got him.

How many int's does he have since last year?

2?

Maybe 3?

I guess we know that HERM is responsible for the problems in the secondary too.

And he used to be a DB?

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Thanks man.

And to think I was all stoked when we got him.

How many int's does he have since last year?

2?

Maybe 3?

I guess we know that HERM is responsible for the problems in the secondary too.

And he used to be a DB?

Yeah, Pollard and Paige are busts. I couldn't BELIEVE HERM traded for Surtain...and then to go out and sign the CB who led the league the year before in INTs...ugh...what the hell was he thinking!!!!

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast