Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post game @ Pats DON'T yOU DARE DEFEND SUTTON HE'S TRASH

Default Post game @ Pats DON'T yOU DARE DEFEND SUTTON HE'S TRASH

This loss is on Sutton and Reid for brining his garbage back

Run d has been bad for years NOTHING has improved. We get burnt every week rushing 3 NOTHING has changed. SUTTON is the problem Make every excuse for him But it's the truth He has got to go

Mahomes was a bit off and it was costly as well. If he didn't miss that early TD might have been a different outcome

But Mahomes grew in this game that 2nd half was something. He will hopefully learn from those mistakes. And grow from this L but he did enough to win tonight if we had a DC who would FREAKING LEARN

This one hurts when you put up 40 you should freaking win the game.

Oh well on to the Bengals 5-1 is still not that bad But Bob sutton can go to hell tonight
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Disappointed we lost, but let's put this into some perspective - We lost 40 - 43 against a Belichick/Brady led Patriots team in their stadium, came back from a 9-27 first half to actually lead during the second half. Our team did not give up without a fight.

M/c does have a point with Sutton about holding back the pass rush. Our pass rush is the best thing about our D, if it would get used more, our secondary might start looking better. When it comes to our run defense, think it's more of a case of our linebackers not staying in their lanes. That's coaching.

My question is this: Okay, if Sutton needs to go, who would we want to replace him? Should we stick with the 3-4?

IMO our front office needs to own up. They found a collection of snapping turtles, called it a secondary, handed it to Sutton, and we wonder why we lost to the Patriots ?!? Really ?? We traded off a top five level corner, and didn't fill the roster with similar talent, and wonder why our flag magnet cb's are being dragged fifteen yards downfield by their WR's? We complain about the run D, but we pay big $$'s to injury prone safeties and let run plugging DL's go to other teams? This falls on the front office, not on Sutton.
    I can agree that personnel is a part of the issue. But don't you think that Sutton has some input into that?

You mention the top 5 cb and yes losing him didn't help matters. But the fact is this defense was on the decline WITH him for a couple of years now. This season isn't a sudden drop off in defense. It has been a steady decline the rest of the league has figured out the system and we have as far as I can tell done nothing to fix or adjust it. We just repeat the same things over and over again and are getting the same results. NEED TO CHANGE and thus far Sutton has been unwilling or unable to adjust.

I'm a big coaching person. This is a coaches league IMO. Look at Matt Cassel under the right coaching he looked the part of a solid starter in the NFL. With the Pats and with Charlie Weis in KC. But it took that level of coaching to make up for his lack of talent. A good coach can help make an undertalented player or players look a little better then what they are. It's in the job description. It's their job to put the player in the best position to succeeded and I just don't see that happening with our D.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Some things I missed in my ranting about Bob Sutton's Defense that I find very offensive

Hunt. Got to give him some props he showed up to play. I think he really likes going against the Pats.
    Hill. Talk about making some things happen. Even when Mahomes was not at his best he still made great things happen. I think he showed last night that he is more than just a kick returner that some have made him out to be.

The biggest positive is playing 4 of our first 6 on the road. Going to Brady's place on a night where they were called for 0 penalties even after getting down we lost by a last second field goal. We were not outclassed by them. We showed that we can play with them and if we cut back on the mistakes even with the bad D we could beat them.

Now we get to see how Mahomes learns from defeat will he make the same mistakes going forward. Time will tell. But we are going to find something out about our young QB. And in some ways that's kind of the fun in watching him grow.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Personally, I was pleased to see the O-line do a credible job even with two new guys playing & subbing for Morse and LDT. They didn't seem to miss a beat.

This is a game the Chiefs should easily be able to put aside & move on and get ready next week against the Bengals.

By the way Matt, you forgot to mention the following seen in the pic below, since they also lost & would've been BLOWN OUT, if it had been them playing the Pats last night.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-15-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I can agree that personnel is a part of the issue. But don't you think that Sutton has some input into that?

You mention the top 5 cb and yes losing him didn't help matters. But the fact is this defense was on the decline WITH him for a couple of years now. This season isn't a sudden drop off in defense. It has been a steady decline the rest of the league has figured out the system and we have as far as I can tell done nothing to fix or adjust it. We just repeat the same things over and over again and are getting the same results. NEED TO CHANGE and thus far Sutton has been unwilling or unable to adjust.

I'm a big coaching person. This is a coaches league IMO. Look at Matt Cassel under the right coaching he looked the part of a solid starter in the NFL. With the Pats and with Charlie Weis in KC. But it took that level of coaching to make up for his lack of talent. A good coach can help make an undertalented player or players look a little better then what they are. It's in the job description. It's their job to put the player in the best position to succeeded and I just don't see that happening with our D.
    Does Sutton have some input on the roster? Yes can imagine some. But seriously doubt if he has the final say.

Can understand where you're coming from on coaches/coaching. And no, Sutton isn't the type of guy to make a ton of adjustments in a game. But really think he's hit a ceiling of what his current secondary players can/can't do.

Personally, I believe we may be looking at 2003 all over again. But, I'll take that versus the abyss that we witnessed from 2007 -- 2012.

When personnel are a revolving door and constantly losing players to injury it’s hard to focus on strength and weaknesses until you see it in games. Sutton’s job is to do the best with what he has but what he has keeps changing as well and we all know he’s not the best at adapting to change. This was one we can agree we could afford to lose and not do us any season damage. Let’s take this L and see how our team comes back from this Loss.

From what ive Heard Sutton has been making adjustments in the games and they dont work because of the personel we have, since this is true we need to load up in the draft again on defense

A little different perspective ...

I can't believe I'm saying his after the Chiefs put 40 points on the board, but the Offense was a little off Sunday night, especially in the first half. Am I blaming the offense for the loss? Of course not! Even though they didn't play as well as they usually do, 40 points should beat anyone as long as the defense is just close to average. Ours wasn't. I'm just saying that if the offense had just been as sharp as they were the previous 5 games, we still would have won, even as bad as our defense was.

You have to give some credit to the Pats and the relentless pressure they put on Mahomes all night for that. It is next to impossible to beat them in Foxboro and the Andy Reid led Chiefs almost did it again. I was pretty sure we were going to lose this game and I'm actually quite encouraged by how close the final score was. We literally lost the game in the very last second.

The Pats are the best team we will play all season and we almost pulled off the upset. Here is what ESPN has to say:
    Playoff chances: 95.2 percent. The Chiefs have the highest playoff odds of any AFC team because of their offense. Kansas City ranks in the top five in points per game, yards per play, pass yards per attempt and Total QBR. The best news is that the bulk of the heavy lifting is done, as the Chiefs have the fourth-easiest remaining strength of schedule according to FPI.
    This was a disappointing loss. When you're as good as the Chiefs are, all losses are disappointing. But it is just one game and I'm confident that the Chiefs will bounce back from this and have a terrific season.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Eric Mangini said on First things First that the Broncos and Patriots have given the blueprint to the rest of the NFL on how to beat Mahomes, you just gotta keep him in the Pocket more and not let him use his legs to extend the plays

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Eric Mangini said on First things First that the Broncos and Patriots have given the blueprint to the rest of the NFL on how to beat Mahomes, you just gotta keep him in the Pocket more and not let him use his legs to extend the plays
    That's funny. Five of Mahomes 6 TD passes were from the pocket in the Steelers game. Three of his 4 TD passes against the Pats were from the pocket. Mahomes will break the pocket when receivers are covered to try to buy time for one of them to come open (like the TD pass to Hunt).

I wonder if Mangini saw that rocket that Mahomes launched from the pocket to Hill in the pre-season game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12