Thread: Post game VS Bengals

Default Post game VS Bengals

WOW What a rebound

I have to start by giving Mr.Bob Sutton his props. THAT is what I like to see. If we see more of this D then maybe going through that game last week was a positive long-term for this team. I'm going to need to see that happen this game doesn't undo the defense that we have seen so far this season. But that was a GREAT outing. They controlled a pretty good offense. So I tip my cap to Mr.Sutton and hope that I will be eating a lot more crow this year. PLEASE MAKE ME DO THIS. Lets not go back to the same crap that we have seen so far this year.

Mr.Mahomes rebounded very nicely from his first NFL loss. I don't think that it was a major worry that he wouldn't but I really liked what I saw from him tonight. We saw him in a couple of the same situations from last week and he learned from what happened a week ago. For example at the end of the 1st half there we were again in the redzone. This time instead of trying to force something he threw the ball away when he got in a pickle. THAT'S what I liked to see. Not making the same mistakes is how you become a great QB. And he seemed to have done that. Well done Mr.Mahomes.

The scary thing for the rest of the NFL is that even with tonight the Chiefs still made mistakes so it could have been much worse for Cincy. Mahomes isn't one that is going to underthrow many people but he did tonight that lead to the pick. We missed a field goal. This offense still left a few points on the board. Even with scoring 45. That's very exciting for us. Not so exciting for the rest of the league.

I gave props to Sutton I need to for Andy Reid as well. I have been very vocal about his playcalling. This year it has been much better. Some of that is the QB change. But not all of it. He's not just ignoring Hunt like he did some games last year. If I recall right there was a time where Hunt the leading rusher of the league had back to back games of under 10 carries. That is all good. And is part of why the offense has been much improved this year over last. It's not all Mahomes Reid has also taken a great step. Maybe he has learned that lesson.

This is a very exciting team. This team can win a super bowl. If the D plays like they did tonight. This team is legit they have been through the toughest part of their schedule with all the tough road games. And at the moment are the number 1 seed in the AFC. Lets hope that continues and we give the donkeys an even bigger beat down next week at Arrowhead. GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

This was the defense we had waited all season to see! For this defense to give up 10 points to the Bangles - I have to give 'em an A+!

Toughest test coming up will be the Rams if we can go into the Playoffs at 14 - 2 with Homefield advantage we can go to the SuperBowl

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    .............. Lets hope that continues and we give the donkeys an even bigger beat down next week at Arrowhead. GO CHIEFS

You know I'm with you on that one, as far as giving the Donkeys a beatdown.

Nice to see Hunt and Ware combine for 146 rushing yards on 23 attempts to go with Mahomes 358 yards passing (300+ for the 6th straight game). This is the type balance that we need to see going forward, as it will make this Offense virtually unstoppable, plus they will keep possession of the ball longer & take a load off of the Defense (which hopefully will be healthy by season's end).

I did see that the youngster, LB Dorian O'Daniel did get some playing time and had 4 tackles. He's a bit undersized, but the heart is there, and he'll give you 100%.

Let's run a 50 burger on the Donks next week.

LB Dorian O'Daniel is a stud

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    LB Dorian O'Daniel is a stud
    I was watching some college highlights of O'Daniel at kcchiefs.com before the Bengals game and wondered when we'd get to see him get some playing time. He seems to fly to the football.

Great game. We stomped a good Cincy team into the turf at Arrowhead.

The defense really improved this game. Much better tackling and think Ron Parker's INT wiped out any hope the Bengals might've had. IMHO they did try to run on us as much as they could, but when the score got out of hand they had no choice but to throw more.

This offense is off the charts great. All Cincy could do was sit back and watch. Can't wait to see it happen to the Donkeys (again.).

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Great game. We stomped a good Cincy team into the turf at Arrowhead.

The defense really improved this game. Much better tackling and think Ron Parker's INT wiped out any hope the Bengals might've had. IMHO they did try to run on us as much as they could, but when the score got out of hand they had no choice but to throw more.

This offense is off the charts great. All Cincy could do was sit back and watch. Can't wait to see it happen to the Donkeys (again.).
    That is a good/scary point about the Run d. They were not tested as much as they have been in past weeks. Hopefully, they get tested and pass the test.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You know I'm with you on that one, as far as giving the Donkeys a beatdown.

Nice to see Hunt and Ware combine for 146 rushing yards on 23 attempts to go with Mahomes 358 yards passing (300+ for the 6th straight game). This is the type balance that we need to see going forward, as it will make this Offense virtually unstoppable, plus they will keep possession of the ball longer & take a load off of the Defense (which hopefully will be healthy by season's end).

I did see that the youngster, LB Dorian O'Daniel did get some playing time and had 4 tackles. He's a bit undersized, but the heart is there, and he'll give you 100%.

Let's run a 50 burger on the Donks next week.
    The thing I remember most about their Steve Atwater, who was 6'3 and all of 218 lbs., was his big stick against our Christian Okoye; 6'1 245lbs. It's not the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 10-23-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That is a good/scary point about the Run d. They were not tested as much as they have been in past weeks. Hopefully, they get tested and pass the test.
    The linebackers improved a lot with their assignments, so that's why I don't think Mixon turned into a 3rd down back-breaker. From their point of view, they must've been thinking, "Okay, we have to score quick, we've got Andy Dalton, we've got AJ Green - let it fly." Which was a good bet given our secondary. But Sutton adjusted and got away from the zone D, and the defensive backs started looking for good times to jump routes...Ron Parker's pick 6 was awesome - perfect clean run back, was going full speed when he got the ball.