Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Posts

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Welcome Posts

0 Not allowed!
    Is there a way to stop the welcome posts from showing back up on unread posts after you have welcomed new members. When I log on I have to go thru all the Welcome threads again even though I have already said hello. I always click on them thinking I haven't welcomed the new members. Can we filter that somehow? It would save time IMO.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Double click the Chiefs helmet on the left side of the thread listing and it marks it as read I think.

Anyone else?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

0 Not allowed!
    How long does it take to move on to the next thread once you've seen that you've responded already?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Is there a way to stop the welcome posts from showing back up on unread posts after you have welcomed new members. When I log on I have to go thru all the Welcome threads again even though I have already said hello. I always click on them thinking I haven't welcomed the new members. Can we filter that somehow? It would save time IMO.
    I generally just look at how many posts are in those threads. If there are fewer than three, then I will usually look to see if I have posted. More than three, and that memeber has been welcomed. Sometimes, I don't bother. I will get to it later.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!
    I generally go by how many unread posts I have...if over 100 I mark the "Introduce Yourself" forum as read. Then if someone pops back in, they're a newer member and I'll welcome them. I may miss a few folks, but not too many that way.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I generally just look at how many posts are in those threads. If there are fewer than three, then I will usually look to see if I have posted. More than three, and that memeber has been welcomed. Sometimes, I don't bother. I will get to it later.
    Yep! And....

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I generally go by how many unread posts I have...if over 100 I mark the "Introduce Yourself" forum as read. Then if someone pops back in, they're a newer member and I'll welcome them. I may miss a few folks, but not too many that way.
    Eggsactly!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

0 Not allowed!
    It is a good idea and one that I have researched. I am hoping to be able to let each user choose what forums they would like to appear on the unread posts page. But I have not quite figured it out yet. In the mean time, I simply go the Introductions forum and choose Mark All Read. They they no longer appear in the Unread posts page.

FYI, I do this same procedure for all of the forums that I do not have an interest in. This way I am left with only posts that I will have interest in.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    It is a good idea and one that I have researched. I am hoping to be able to let each user choose what forums they would like to appear on the unread posts page. But I have not quite figured it out yet. In the mean time, I simply go the Introductions forum and choose Mark All Read. They they no longer appear in the Unread posts page.

FYI, I do this same procedure for all of the forums that I do not have an interest in. This way I am left with only posts that I will have interest in.
    Cool I will do that from now on.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Not me. I am a sucker for the idea that something good might appear in one of those other forums, like the other "topics" tend to find their way into the "Hardcore" forum.

But then I just wind-up scrolling through them, without reading most of them.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Not me. I am a sucker for the idea that something good might appear in one of those other forums, like the other "topics" tend to find their way into the "Hardcore" forum.

But then I just wind-up scrolling through them, without reading most of them.

Blasphemy! I would never do such a thing. :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast