Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Welcome Posts

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,714
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Welcome Posts


    0 Not allowed!
    Is there a way to stop the welcome posts from showing back up on unread posts after you have welcomed new members. When I log on I have to go thru all the Welcome threads again even though I have already said hello. I always click on them thinking I haven't welcomed the new members. Can we filter that somehow? It would save time IMO.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Double click the Chiefs helmet on the left side of the thread listing and it marks it as read I think.

    Anyone else?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,977
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    How long does it take to move on to the next thread once you've seen that you've responded already?


  4. #4
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Is there a way to stop the welcome posts from showing back up on unread posts after you have welcomed new members. When I log on I have to go thru all the Welcome threads again even though I have already said hello. I always click on them thinking I haven't welcomed the new members. Can we filter that somehow? It would save time IMO.
    I generally just look at how many posts are in those threads. If there are fewer than three, then I will usually look to see if I have posted. More than three, and that memeber has been welcomed. Sometimes, I don't bother. I will get to it later.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I generally go by how many unread posts I have...if over 100 I mark the "Introduce Yourself" forum as read. Then if someone pops back in, they're a newer member and I'll welcome them. I may miss a few folks, but not too many that way.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,977
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I generally just look at how many posts are in those threads. If there are fewer than three, then I will usually look to see if I have posted. More than three, and that memeber has been welcomed. Sometimes, I don't bother. I will get to it later.
    Yep! And....

    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I generally go by how many unread posts I have...if over 100 I mark the "Introduce Yourself" forum as read. Then if someone pops back in, they're a newer member and I'll welcome them. I may miss a few folks, but not too many that way.
    Eggsactly!


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,126
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It is a good idea and one that I have researched. I am hoping to be able to let each user choose what forums they would like to appear on the unread posts page. But I have not quite figured it out yet. In the mean time, I simply go the Introductions forum and choose Mark All Read. They they no longer appear in the Unread posts page.

    FYI, I do this same procedure for all of the forums that I do not have an interest in. This way I am left with only posts that I will have interest in.


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,714
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    It is a good idea and one that I have researched. I am hoping to be able to let each user choose what forums they would like to appear on the unread posts page. But I have not quite figured it out yet. In the mean time, I simply go the Introductions forum and choose Mark All Read. They they no longer appear in the Unread posts page.

    FYI, I do this same procedure for all of the forums that I do not have an interest in. This way I am left with only posts that I will have interest in.
    Cool I will do that from now on.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    It is a good idea and one that I have researched. I am hoping to be able to let each user choose what forums they would like to appear on the unread posts page. But I have not quite figured it out yet. In the mean time, I simply go the Introductions forum and choose Mark All Read. They they no longer appear in the Unread posts page.

    FYI, I do this same procedure for all of the forums that I do not have an interest in. This way I am left with only posts that I will have interest in.

    Not me. I am a sucker for the idea that something good might appear in one of those other forums, like the other "topics" tend to find their way into the "Hardcore" forum.

    But then I just wind-up scrolling through them, without reading most of them.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,977
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Not me. I am a sucker for the idea that something good might appear in one of those other forums, like the other "topics" tend to find their way into the "Hardcore" forum.

    But then I just wind-up scrolling through them, without reading most of them.

    Blasphemy! I would never do such a thing. :p


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •