Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Postgame VS Chargers coaching still matters

Default Postgame VS Chargers coaching still matters

This game is on the coaches PERIOD

All those things that I use to complain about with the playcalling showed up tonight. As I said in the game thread you can change all the QBS you want but playcalling is important.

Defense see any of my BOB Sutton rants

Chris Jones is a bright spot guy was a monster tonight. A hell of a game for him

This one is so freaking frustrating same things WE NEVER FREAKING LEARN same mistakes made over and over again. How many games do we have to blow over the years before our coaching staff fixes the crap

We kept them alive in the west we have to win out now to get the 1 seed thanks Andy
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

One thing I did notice. Jeff Allen did play well at LG & looked like he picked up right where he left off in 2015 working in tandem with Eric Fisher. The Chiefs need to retain him and let him keep the LG job. Erving can move to Center next year if Morse doesn't stay.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I hadn't said it before, but I will now. Get rid of Sutton. He cannot adjust & wasn't bringing the pressure on the Chargers last two TD drives.

Get some DB's in the off-season. Just load up in that area.

Schwartz picked the wrong time to have his worst game as a Chief. Can't blame Eric Fisher, as he did well against Bosa & the Chiefs should have run to his side on that last possession.
    Nelson is horrible! Did you see him try to be a hero and get up and try to pick up a fumble instead of diving on the ball. He was in front of the Chargers receiver that fumbled the ball and closest to the ball but decided it would look better if he got up and ran, however, after he got up to his feet and before he could pick up the ball the Chargers receiver dove on the ball and regained possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Nelson is horrible! Did you see him try to be a hero and get up and try to pick up a fumble instead of diving on the ball. He was in front of the Chargers receiver that fumbled the ball and closest to the ball but decided it would look better if he got up and ran, however, after he got up to his feet and before he could pick up the ball the Chargers receiver dove on the ball and regained possession.
    Nelson is not an outside CB & is strictly a nickel CB (Javier Arenas 2.0). Can't figure out why Terrence Mitchell was let go. This Defense needs taller CB's in the Sean Smith mold & the Chiefs better load up on them this off-season.

Well now we might lose our best cb for the season with a wrist fracture. As i was afraid of that we woukd lose and lose a player as well. This is why i was wanting to use this week to rest alot of starters. Our defense is bad enough and now we lose our best cb. Hope yall are happy. Sad to say i tild you so. We should have treated this as bye week in a sense and reat kwy players. Im not to worried of losing the top spot cuz chargers play ravens and broncos next and i think both teams could beat the chargers. So i think we can lose one more game and still get the top slot but i dont see us going all the way if fullers wrist puts him on IR. Ravens and chargers proved how to beat us. We proved we cant stop the run or pass and now will be without our best cb so teams will pkay keep away. They will run the ball and use play action oass and keep Mahomes off the field. Plus with it being winter wont help. So yeah i want to say it out loud i hate Thursday games. We not only lost the game but may have lost our best cb for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Which begs the question: Why did he miss the entire 2nd half? Why wasn't he on the field for that last Chargers series?

I'll tell you this. This is like the 3rd or 4th Thursday night game that the Chiefs have lost to an AFC West rival going back to 2014. I never want to see a Thursday night game versus an AFC West rival, again.
    His "spirit" wasn't in it. That's what he said why he waited this long. Wasted roster spot.

It's been awhile since I've been that mad watching a Chiefs game. We had a golden opportunity to wrap up the division, and threw it out the window.

The secondary IMHO is the main reason why we lost. They stunk this one up really, really bad. Nelson, started the game off with an INT, turning his head looking for the ball, adjusted to it, and came up with a great play. After that, went back to grabbling the WR's, watching other people make tackles on RB's. Scandrick really messed up towards the end, grabbing the WR then turning around and complaining about being flagged. Then, right in front of 78k fans at Arrowhead, and the entire LAC offense, got into a discussion with another player about who he needed to cover. Note to Scandrick, when you do that, yes the ball is going to come your way, because it's obvious to everyone and Stevie Wonder that you don't know what you're doing. Ranks as one of the stupidest things I've seen this secondary do, which is saying something.

Sutton did himself no favors in this one. We have good pass rushers, and send them into coverage (again) ?? The secondary is determined to suck no matter how much help gets sent back there, so why bother? Far as I'm concerned send Houston, Ford and Jones after the QB every time from here on out, leave the secondary and ILB's to their fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    It's been awhile since I've been that mad watching a Chiefs game. We had a golden opportunity to wrap up the division, and threw it out the window.

The secondary IMHO is the main reason why we lost. They stunk this one up really, really bad. Nelson, started the game off with an INT, turning his head looking for the ball, adjusted to it, and came up with a great play. After that, went back to grabbling the WR's, watching other people make tackles on RB's. Scandrick really messed up towards the end, grabbing the WR then turning around and complaining about being flagged. Then, right in front of 78k fans at Arrowhead, and the entire LAC offense, got into a discussion with another player about who he needed to cover. Note to Scandrick, when you do that, yes the ball is going to come your way, because it's obvious to everyone and Stevie Wonder that you don't know what you're doing. Ranks as one of the stupidest things I've seen this secondary do, which is saying something.

Sutton did himself no favors in this one. We have good pass rushers, and send them into coverage (again) ?? The secondary is determined to suck no matter how much help gets sent back there, so why bother? Far as I'm concerned send Houston, Ford and Jones after the QB every time from here on out, leave the secondary and ILB's to their fate.
    Well said, and the sad thing is, if this team had ANY semblance of a Defense, then they would mostly likely be the overwhelming champions of the AFC. But, that won't happen because Sutton can't adapt or adjust & we rarely ever see any well-disguised blitzes from him.

He might as well send 5 or 6 guys attacking up the field on every play after the QB and tackle opposing RB's that get in the way, but he won't do it, as evidenced by when they had SD pinned inside their 5-yard line and they just sit back and let Rivers pick them apart.

Granted it wasn't all completely disappointment. The offense, up until the last drive, did pretty well. Mahomes took a page from Steve DeBerg's trick book and was getting them offsides a lot. Kelce was pretty solid. Both Williams (#26 & 31) looked just fine. Reid just went overboard conservative too early.

Also, for entertainment value, Phillip Rivers had one of his classic spastic fits towards the end of the game. Hadn't seen that happen in quite some time, always funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Granted it wasn't all completely disappointment. The offense, up until the last drive, did pretty well. Mahomes took a page from Steve DeBerg's trick book and was getting them offsides a lot. Kelce was pretty solid. Both Williams (#26 & 31) looked just fine. Reid just went overboard conservative too early.

Also, for entertainment value, Phillip Rivers had one of his classic spastic fits towards the end of the game. Hadn't seen that happen in quite some time, always funny.
    I agree the Williams tandem did a fine job, but neither are the big-play threat that Hunt was. Hunt often turned good gains into bigger plays. The key factor is we haven't seen any of the Chiefs RB's produce 40 or 50 yard plays like Hunt did. The Offense just doesn't seem quite as explosive as they did in the first 11 games when Hunt was there.

I think the offense can be if they give undrafted free agent RB Darrel Williams more Shots

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast