Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Postgame VS Chargers coaching still matters

Default Postgame VS Chargers coaching still matters

This game is on the coaches PERIOD

All those things that I use to complain about with the playcalling showed up tonight. As I said in the game thread you can change all the QBS you want but playcalling is important.

Defense see any of my BOB Sutton rants

Chris Jones is a bright spot guy was a monster tonight. A hell of a game for him

This one is so freaking frustrating same things WE NEVER FREAKING LEARN same mistakes made over and over again. How many games do we have to blow over the years before our coaching staff fixes the crap

We kept them alive in the west we have to win out now to get the 1 seed thanks Andy
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I hadn't said it before, but I will now. Get rid of Sutton. He cannot adjust & wasn't bringing the pressure on the Chargers last two TD drives.

Get some DB's in the off-season. Just load up in that area.

Schwartz picked the wrong time to have his worst game as a Chief. Can't blame Eric Fisher, as he did well against Bosa & the Chiefs should have run to his side on that last possession.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 12-13-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Only good thing is i think we saw a break out for Rb Williams tonight. Just as i was worried. We should have rested out some players. We lost anyways. Lucky no injuries.

All the writers and analyst are saying Their werent nearly as many noticeable poor plays by the Defense in the first half when Berry was out their compared to when he missed the whole 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    All the writers and analyst are saying Their werent nearly as many noticeable poor plays by the Defense in the first half when Berry was out their compared to when he missed the whole 2nd half
    Which begs the question: Why did he miss the entire 2nd half? Why wasn't he on the field for that last Chargers series?

I'll tell you this. This is like the 3rd or 4th Thursday night game that the Chiefs have lost to an AFC West rival going back to 2014. I never want to see a Thursday night game versus an AFC West rival, again.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 12-14-2018 at 01:13 AM.

Over the years I have been accused of defending QB x to much.

This game is why. This game looks all to familiar.

Some of the same things happening for example 3rd down in the 2nd half. A pass to Kelce on a route that was short of the first down. This has been present many times in the past. The screens hey were working early. But the Chargers adjusted to it. And we kept running them and got nothing. Some of that was because of the O line struggling. But not all of it. It's been a pattern of sticking to the screens for much longer then they were working. The last offensive possession. We went far to conservative. They saw it coming and stuffed it. That was a major part of the L. And like the rest we have seen this before. Like I said in the game thread and in my first post here. You can change the QB all you want and sure it will improve some. But these things still matter. These things can hold even a franchise QB back at times. And until these things are no longer consistent issues I just don't believe that this coaching staff will ever win a title.

And on defense. We punted and backed them up inside their own 10. We rush 3 gave Rivers time to throw and he makes a throw to get them out of trouble. This happens ALL THE TIME. Our CBs might not be the best in the league but coaching is a major factor here.

This one took a lot out of me. I just see so much of the same mistakes that have cost this team so many times in the biggest games. I am going to have to see these things fixed before I really believe that this team is going to have any different of an ending then they have any other year.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

One thing that bugs me, Matt, is after that long kickoff return, the horrendous play-calling that resulted in a 3 and out. What a wasted opportunity & it came back to bite them. Harris was said to have gotten held on the 3rd down play, but they didn't call it.

Sutton has to go. Hopefully, he resigns. We need a fresh new DC with a fresh new approach. And we need 3 taller CB's, 2 Safeties, and at least 1 run-stopping ILB in the off-season.

Sad thing is Demps I believe Sutton is going nowhere the Chiefs will foolishly retain him and do none of this other that you talked about instead they will load up on dlinemen in the draft

Makes no difference how good OF is without DF I don't see KC winning play off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Sad thing is Demps I believe Sutton is going nowhere the Chiefs will foolishly retain him and do none of this other that you talked about instead they will load up on dlinemen in the draft
    As far as I know, everybody on the D-Line is slated to come back next year, so for them to load up on D-Line in the 2019 draft, is silly. WalterFootball.com projects the Chiefs to draft a CB, ILB, and a Safety with their top 3 picks and I hope he is right. And who knows about Berry next year.

As for Sutton, I hope he resigns on his own.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast