Thread: priest holmes interview. hope for the chiefs

Default priest holmes interview. hope for the chiefs

go to chiefscrowd.com and watch the priest home interview on the front page of this website.

He seems to be on the same thinking as I currently am, which means, if what we see is correct, there is a lot of hope to have for our offense.

When asked about LJ so far this year and our offense, Priest says when you have a guy get as many yards as he did the last 2 years, the defensive coordinators are going to come up with something to stop it, that is their job. (he was basically trying to say in a nice way that the defenses knew what was coming from LJ, that is how i interpreted it)

He said that this time for LJ on the sidelines will be good for him to help him imprive when he comes back.

Then asked about the offensive line, like me, said he does not see a problem with it. He then goes to say when asked about defensive coordinators being able to stop what he is going to do....that they have NO CLUE what he is going to do. Basically saying that he doesnt do the same thing, he is very versatile, as we all know.

So here is the hope that lies within the Chiefs: The offensive line isnt really all that bad!!! I am telling you, when you have a runningback that cant get around the sides and only go up the middle, it is hard to create holes when you have 9 defenders in the box whose only sole purpose on a running play is to stop the middle, because they are not going to get burnt down the sides.

Be prepared to see a different offense throughout the rest of the seaosn. Even expect to see Huard go back to his mode of last season. Tomorrow's game is the first game of the rest of the season, we start anew, and you will see a new team.

Same great defense, added with a good offense. This is our turning point. We get the warm up by playing the Donks, then on to Indy where we WILL give payton a game, and whoever will win is a toss up.

Get ready, we have a good team and our talent is about to be exposed!

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    go to chiefscrowd.com and watch the priest home interview on the front page of this website.

He seems to be on the same thinking as I currently am, which means, if what we see is correct, there is a lot of hope to have for our offense.

When asked about LJ so far this year and our offense, Priest says when you have a guy get as many yards as he did the last 2 years, the defensive coordinators are going to come up with something to stop it, that is their job. (he was basically trying to say in a nice way that the defenses knew what was coming from LJ, that is how i interpreted it)

He said that this time for LJ on the sidelines will be good for him to help him imprive when he comes back.

Then asked about the offensive line, like me, said he does not see a problem with it. He then goes to say when asked about defensive coordinators being able to stop what he is going to do....that they have NO CLUE what he is going to do. Basically saying that he doesnt do the same thing, he is very versatile, as we all know.

So here is the hope that lies within the Chiefs: The offensive line isnt really all that bad!!! I am telling you, when you have a runningback that cant get around the sides and only go up the middle, it is hard to create holes when you have 9 defenders in the box whose only sole purpose on a running play is to stop the middle, because they are not going to get burnt down the sides.

Be prepared to see a different offense throughout the rest of the seaosn. Even expect to see Huard go back to his mode of last season. Tomorrow's game is the first game of the rest of the season, we start anew, and you will see a new team.

Same great defense, added with a good offense. This is our turning point. We get the warm up by playing the Donks, then on to Indy where we WILL give payton a game, and whoever will win is a toss up.

Get ready, we have a good team and our talent is about to be exposed!
    Oh how I hope you are right.

But, by saying that he doesn't see a problem with the offensive line, Priest is merely being a team player. Would you expect him to "call out" the O-line unit, after having carried the ball only a handful of times?

Also, he is taking responsibility off of the shoulders of his linemen. By saying that there is no problem with that unit, he is taking full responsibility for any shortage in production that the running game might have. Just more "team player" attitude.

Priest isn't going to give his completely honest response to that question right now. And likely not ever. You just can't throw your teammates under the bus.

You may not see any problems with our offensive line, but I do. They have been unable to give LJ any kind of room, for the most part, to run anywhere, and they have been struggling in pass-protection as well. Opposition can only do so much to disrpupt an offense. There is plenty of responsibilty beyond that. There have been many teams that were built around the same kind of running game that we have, who were able to continue to be successful, in spite of what opponents may have done.
    Last edited by chief31; 11-11-2007 at 08:18 AM.

We will see hopefully..Go Chiefs Going to 31 again today. Catch some s### at the bar . Good luck to all
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

I am up now and going to root for the CHIEFS!!!!!

YZILLA is tailgating and beating up Donks fans!!!!

GO CHIEFSSSS!!!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

You need to do the Tomahawk Chop Shot at the bar!! Everytime we get a TD

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    You need to do the Tomahawk Chop Shot at the bar!! Everytime we get a TD

What is that?

I will do it!!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    What is that?

I will do it!!!!

It's my husbands blend of

Vodka or 151 with spicy v8 and a little redhot

We were drinking double Bloody Mary's last night at Fox and Hound!

I did enough of them last night!

Chiefs are gonna kick the Donks in the a$$!