Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postgame Vs Jokeland AFC West CHAMPS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Postgame Vs Jokeland AFC West CHAMPS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, here we are Another AFC WEST TITLE IN HAND. Shout out to the media who hyped the Chargers as winning the division all year even though they spent the entire season looking up. :)

The offense was a bit off early. They could have been even better then they were. But hard to complain when you get the points on the board again. A truly historic offense. They showed what they could do more in the 2nd half. Man Mahomes is a playmaker the last drive he was in an unblocked guy came and brought pressure right away. Mahomes made him miss and made a play downfield. We have never gone into a playoff with a QB like this in my lifetime. Hopefully, it will be a difference in the playoffs.

Defense was a bit of a mixed bag for a lot of that game. We did get a ton of turnovers. But they moved the ball way too well. And they are not even that great of an offense. That has happened far to often to be ignored. But the 2nd half I saw them played FIRED UP! That is something I have been waiting to see all year. They finally had enough today and STEPPED UP. Now was that just because Jokeland was being Jokeland. Or is that something they have found. I'm going to have to see them do that in the playoffs to put a lot of stock in that. Lets hope we actually see that.

Can I just say how overrated Derek Carr is. He had that one really good year but keep in mind that was against a last place schedule. After and before that he really hasn't done much to get some of the hype that he has gotten .

It's playoff time. I can't say that given this defense I have high hopes. But with Mahomes we have as good of a shot as anyone. Hopefully this time they can make some noise. I'm not expecting a superbowl. But a win or two would be nice. And hey the AFC title game is on my birthday. It would be an VERY nice birthday gift :) GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Congrats to the 2018 Kansas City Chiefs 12-4 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS AND NUMBER ONE PLAYOFF SEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted, this win came against the Raiders. The team that always seems to find talent, then collectively figures out a way to finish a season with a losing record. Losing this year will help them rebuild in the next one, but Gruden is in over his head trying to keep that bunch focused once they move to Las Vegas. Wonder if he'll be able to get his tire advertisement gig back when that crud hits the fan.

The D did take advantage of a lot of opportunities that Oakland handed to us - but they did come through with some big stops in the second half and managed to keep the clock rolling. That was huge in the third quarter. Ware got tested a lot - expecting other teams to do the same, maybe we can figure out a play or two to put that to our advantage. Also glad to see that our pass rushers weren't being sent constantly in the secondary. Did happen a couple of times but never to the point that Carr could burn us every time.

Offensively we really missed on some opportunities but got it together in the second quarter. Mahomes getting passing 50 TD's and over 5,000 yards on the season - outstanding. Hill's TD was great and pretty much summed up one of the big things about this offense the entire season. The INT Mahomes threw was pretty bad but the team didn't get sank because of it. Also really like how offense capitalized when the D gave them the ball right back.

Reid's decision not to go for the FG at the end of the 2nd half was really goofy. In addition to robbing us of three points, it forced the D back out onto the field sooner. Outside of that, really liked how our offense chewed up a lot of time off the clock in the fourth quarter.

Bern there done that. I prrsonally dont care about individual acomplishments. We were lucky the way we played to get the bye and home field.. yet oh wait weve had that before and acrewed it up. With our D i will be pesitmestic its my right as a 46 year old lufe time chiefs fan!! Superbowl or nothing and unfortunately with Sutton its the later. Weve seen this from offenses in past great recirds in past. Nothing new!! I love you Chiefs with all my heart with show me something i havent seen.. PLEASE I PRAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Bern there done that. I prrsonally dont care about individual acomplishments. We were lucky the way we played to get the bye and home field.. yet oh wait weve had that before and acrewed it up. With our D i will be pesitmestic its my right as a 46 year old lufe time chiefs fan!! Superbowl or nothing and unfortunately with Sutton its the later. Weve seen this from offenses in past great recirds in past. Nothing new!! I love you Chiefs with all my heart with show me something i havent seen.. PLEASE I PRAY!!!
    I don't think I would say Super Bowl or bust. I think it's win a playoff game or bust. THEY really need to win one THIS YEAR. If they do that then I think they could still say it was a successful season.

We are closer then I have ever seen this team. We need a DC and some secondary help and we will have a really good shot at being a championship team
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Well, here we are Another AFC WEST TITLE IN HAND. Shout out to the media who hyped the Chargers as winning the division all year even though they spent the entire season looking up. :)

The offense was a bit off early. They could have been even better then they were. But hard to complain when you get the points on the board again. A truly historic offense. They showed what they could do more in the 2nd half. Man Mahomes is a playmaker the last drive he was in an unblocked guy came and brought pressure right away. Mahomes made him miss and made a play downfield. We have never gone into a playoff with a QB like this in my lifetime. Hopefully, it will be a difference in the playoffs.

Defense was a bit of a mixed bag for a lot of that game. We did get a ton of turnovers. But they moved the ball way too well. And they are not even that great of an offense. That has happened far to often to be ignored. But the 2nd half I saw them played FIRED UP! That is something I have been waiting to see all year. They finally had enough today and STEPPED UP. Now was that just because Jokeland was being Jokeland. Or is that something they have found. I'm going to have to see them do that in the playoffs to put a lot of stock in that. Lets hope we actually see that.

Can I just say how overrated Derek Carr is. He had that one really good year but keep in mind that was against a last place schedule. After and before that he really hasn't done much to get some of the hype that he has gotten .

It's playoff time. I can't say that given this defense I have high hopes. But with Mahomes we have as good of a shot as anyone. Hopefully this time they can make some noise. I'm not expecting a superbowl. But a win or two would be nice. And hey the AFC title game is on my birthday. It would be an VERY nice birthday gift :) GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had gotten the feeling that was the case. Like you I hope to see a good showing in the playoffs, but cannot help but have tempered enthusiasm.

Good job Chiefs getting the win & getting the #1 seed in the playoffs. Now, that you have this chance, you have to be ready & you have to be prepared -- GET IT DONE!! Get a victory in that 1st playoff game & whatever happens afterwards will take care of itself.

Don't blow it in the first playoff game, this time. Prepare hard, study hard, practice hard & be READY. Get off the one and done schnide.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't think I would say Super Bowl or bust. I think it's win a playoff game or bust. THEY really need to win one THIS YEAR. If they do that then I think they could still say it was a successful season.

We are closer then I have ever seen this team. We need a DC and some secondary help and we will have a really good shot at being a championship team
    Some ways I'm grateful that we're in a position that we know exactly what needs to be fixed - The defense. There are so many teams that have so many problem spots on offense, defense, ST, coaching, front office...They don't know where to begin. There's also a lot of teams out there that have great QB's now but might not have them for much longer (LAC, Saints, Patriots) at least we've found our answer in Mahomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Some ways I'm grateful that we're in a position that we know exactly what needs to be fixed - The defense. There are so many teams that have so many problem spots on offense, defense, ST, coaching, front office...They don't know where to begin. There's also a lot of teams out there that have great QB's now but might not have them for much longer (LAC, Saints, Patriots) at least we've found our answer in Mahomes.
    BINGO!! If they don't get to the Super Bowl and win it this year, then they have to go into the next season with the mentality of "WE CAN COME BACK" & set the goal for 2019 to get to the Super Bowl & win it. Defensive talent will be there on draft day, plus they will have cap space for a talented veteran or two to join the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Good job Chiefs getting the win & getting the #1 seed in the playoffs. Now, that you have this chance, you have to be ready & you have to be prepared -- GET IT DONE!! Get a victory in that 1st playoff game & whatever happens afterwards will take care of itself.

Don't blow it in the first playoff game, this time. Prepare hard, study hard, practice hard & be READY. Get off the one and done schnide.
    ...THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Speaking of LAC, the loss to them may have been a blessing in disguise. We may see them again, and it's hard to beat a team three times in one season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast