Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pregame Colts talk It's time to win a home playoff game

Default Pregame Colts talk It's time to win a home playoff game

So wildcard weekend is over

Saturday a 3:35 pm Kc time the Chiefs will be able to host yet another game against a team that has haunted them in the playoffs time and time again. The Colts.

It's payback time.

I am not at all scared that their D will shut down the offense. The only worry about the offense I have is that we have at time seen Mahomes come out a little to pumped and it has been costly. Like the New England game. If he can come in and stay in his own game I think that the offense will be able to put up points.

Defense scares the hell out of me. The Chiefs are one of the leagues best at sacking the QB. But Luck is one hard QB to sack since he can run so well. If the Colts are going to win this game it's going to be because the defense has once again laid an egg. The D has to step up. Bob Sutton is going to have to do what he hasn't shown that he can do. Get the defense ready to stop the run.

It's been way to long since the Chiefs have won at home in the playoffs it's time to change that. It's time to get over this demon that has been the playoffs and the Colts. It's time to WIN.

LETS FREAKING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

To me, the key to victory is for the Offense to strike early & often and then continue to pour it on for the entire game. This will take a lot of pressure off the Defense. If you look at some of the games played in the regular season, when the Chiefs Offense was able to do this, opposing Offenses didn't have the luxury of just pounding the rock (the Steelers game comes to mind).

I think our Run D is the key to this game.

If they are able to just run the ball down our throats all day they will keep the ball and keep Mahomes on the sideline.

The run d was a huge part of the playoff loss last year. Many talked about the offense not scoring and yeah that's a big part two but their chances were so limited the Titans kept the ball most the 2nd half in that game. We can't let that happen again. Run D is going to have to do something are we are going to see a repeat of last year
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think our Run D is the key to this game.

If they are able to just run the ball down our throats all day they will keep the ball and keep Mahomes on the sideline.

The run d was a huge part of the playoff loss last year. Many talked about the offense not scoring and yeah that's a big part two but their chances were so limited the Titans kept the ball most the 2nd half in that game. We can't let that happen again. Run D is going to have to do something are we are going to see a repeat of last year
    Matt, you are correct that Luck is a hard guy to sack, but the last time these two teams met, Dee Ford got to him 3 times, so I believe Ford will be the key man here.

As for the run D, perhaps Eric Berry may be a huge help in that regard, assuming he plays the entire game.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-07-2019 at 01:36 AM.

If ibwas a betting man. I'd bet Andy Reid makes thisba statement game. I bet with how we lost our past 2 playoff games with blowing big leads i bet Andy Reid says screw that were going to score 100 points and i dare you to try and come back to win. I think Andy wont let up on the gas until the game is over. Atleast for me thats what id do. Play every series as a must score. Id even go hurry up offense. Get them in a base you like and them keep them in it. I would love for Mahomes to get to the line with 20 seconds ledt on the play clock each snap. Let him see the defense. Need to stop this late playcalling and then scouring up to the line and trying to rush the line calls before the okay clock goes to zero. When you do that it helps the defense cuz they can tee off and guess your snap count

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    If ibwas a betting man. I'd bet Andy Reid makes thisba statement game. I bet with how we lost our past 2 playoff games with blowing big leads i bet Andy Reid says screw that were going to score 100 points and i dare you to try and come back to win. I think Andy wont let up on the gas until the game is over. Atleast for me thats what id do. Play every series as a must score. Id even go hurry up offense. Get them in a base you like and them keep them in it. I would love for Mahomes to get to the line with 20 seconds ledt on the play clock each snap. Let him see the defense. Need to stop this late playcalling and then scouring up to the line and trying to rush the line calls before the okay clock goes to zero. When you do that it helps the defense cuz they can tee off and guess your snap count
    Good points, and I have to believe it was because of the last two playoff losses that Mahomes was made the starter this year & wasn't made to sit behind Alex Smith for another year or 2, as Alex was ineffective in both those games. The question going into this season was just how ready Mahomes was to be the guy, and he's answered that question WAY BEYOND what any of us ever dreamed of.

Think the key to this game is our D, and who dominates at the LOS on both sides of the ball. If we're able to bottle up their run game and force them to throw all the time against our pass rush, they will still make some plays but they will also make some mistakes and hopefully we'll get some turnovers. Do not see them stopping this offense.

KC really needs this win. Reid should definitely be looking to make a statement in this one.

I'm still thinking the Chiefs should wear RED-ON-RED for this game, just to do something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Very happy for Mahomes and hope he does get the MVP regardless (He's earned it).

With that being said, our season isn't finished yet - We need to stomp Indy into the turf at Arrowhead.
    I took your quote Dougster & moved it here from the "Mahomes MVP thread", because that is the point. If Mahomes is the MVP, it will become instantly insignificant, if this team absorbs another playoff loss in the opening playoff game for the third year in a row. We'll be right back to the same place. We already know what has happened the previous two times. Let the 3rd time be a charm & let's win and advance to the AFC Championship game (we are WAY overdue).

I like the whole get an early lead and try not to let off the gas idea. Keeping them behind will limit their ability to rely on their run and our pass rush defenders can tee off on luck sitting in the pocket.
    I don’t think Andy Reid has a choice. This is his best year he’s ever had to try to win his first Super Bowl. He’s sitting in the 1 seed with playoffs all coming through Arrowhead he’s got the number 1 offense with the most talent on an offense that he’ll ever see. Guys I hate to see it but if Andy can’t at least get us to a Super Bowl it’s ping to be a huge disappointment

if Mahomes can get us to even just the AFC championship I say he’s due for a new deal. So he won’t be cheap for very long

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast