Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LJ fined $7500

Default LJ fined $7500

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...or-flag-plant/

Larry Johnson Fined $7,500 for Flag Plant

Posted Nov 9th 2007 3:47PM by Michael David Smith
    Filed under: Chiefs, Kansas City

Chiefs running back Larry Johnson has been fined $7,500 for planting a flag in the end zone after scoring a touchdown in Sunday's loss to the Green Bay Packers, Pro Football Talk quotes an NFL spokesman confirming.

Any celebration that uses a prop carries an automatic fine from the league, so Johnson was docked. The celebration consisted of Johnson taking the flag from one of the male cheerleaders who runs on the field after a touchdown, then sticking it in the turf.

Johnson suffered a foot injury later in the game and is out indefinitely.
    Everything happens for a reason.

I figured it would happen.

Those NFL guys are on top of it.

But was that not the best TD celebration ever?????

Who has ever gotten a team flag and been able to spike it?????

That was awesome!!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

agreed i loved it. kinda actually showed he had love for the team.

oh well, lj is lj and who knows....

but that celeb was great, i didnt know he had it in him!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When he gets back he should plant a tree.Everbody trying to be all green these days..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    When he gets back he should plant a tree.Everbody trying to be all green these days..
    Great idea!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Nov 10 Mac Engel, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens said during his radio show on 790 The Ticket in Miami that he feels he is a target of the league office. "Of course I am. It makes me sick and it makes me sad. I had that same towel a few weeks ago when we played on Fox and no one said anything about it," Owens said. Owens was recently fined $10,000 for waving his personal "Touchdown Towel" during the team's Week 9 game. LJ got fined less nan nan nan na boooo boooo.lol

Quote Originally Posted by luv
    LJ fined $7500
    I don't see LJ missing it much.

the celebrating was totally worth having to pay that mesely fine. of course i have to work a few months to make the amount of that fine...but to him it is nothing.

i think that video of him waving the flag and sticking it in the ground should be used in the next madden during the intro to the video game turning on.

it was pretty cool. it should also be used in the nfl sunday night football deal before the game as well. of course since the nfl does not accept that behavior it wont be used in either.

I am glad he did it!! Thats why: although I adore those flag carriers and all the waving they do, I would be caught planting it in the ground too.

It was a great celebration, and the league probably fined him less than TO as, unlike TO he isn't a "serial" offender of the dumba$$ policy.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast