Thread: Sad News

Default Sad News

I found out yesterday, during the Chiefs game that our dear friend "Chiefster" (Greg) lost his mother. He asked me to let everyone here know, because he didn't feel up to posting it himself. I decided to wait until today to allow you guys some time to celebrate the momentous Chiefs win. This is a very difficult time for him as I'm sure you can understand. While he is very happy for the Chiefs victory, he probably won't be posting for a little while. He is going through the difficult task of making funeral and burial arrangements and grieving. If you are a believer please say a little prayer for him and his family.

Thank you for your attention and your understanding.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Condolences to Chiefster.

I’m sorry to hear that Greg take your time buddy we’re here for you when you feel like chatting

Damn that's horrible so sorry :(
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Lost my mother in 2005 when i was 24. Been there done that. The thing that helped me was that for some reason it didnt shock me. I didnt know she was that in that nad of health but i knew she didnt take care of herself and couldnt go a day without weed. She also had diabetes type 2. It prolly should have shocked me but some reason I wasn't. I cried the 1st 5 minutes i got the call and never cried again. Plus i lost my grandpa the year begore and my aunt the year before that so losing someone 3 years in a row may have made me numb to it all. Found out as sad as it is life moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Lost my mother in 2005 when i was 24. Been there done that. The thing that helped me was that for some reason it didnt shock me. I didnt know she was that in that nad of health but i knew she didnt take care of herself and couldnt go a day without weed. She also had diabetes type 2. It prolly should have shocked me but some reason I wasn't. I cried the 1st 5 minutes i got the call and never cried again. Plus i lost my grandpa the year begore and my aunt the year before that so losing someone 3 years in a row may have made me numb to it all. Found out as sad as it is life moves on.
    i lost my mom in 2004 when I was 20. Bladder cancer destroyed her. Suffered through it all for 3 years before she finally gave up. I still cry to this day EVERYTIME I’m alone and I put on songs that remind me of her. Also if I get too drunk and someone mentions anything about a mother I turn from happy Justin to blubbering crying fool Justin immediately. Only good thing is I try to disappear before I start balling my eyes out. (Usually find a curb to sit on outside the party)

im sorry for your loss Jason and I don’t wish losing a mother on anyone.

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and your family. I lost my Mom in 2000, breast and liver cancer. She never got to see her Grandbaby just born.

Very sorry to hear this. Not fun losing a parent.

Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time Greg, their is nothing that i can say that will make this any better or hurt any less for you, but just know that you have friends here buddy that you can lean on if you need to or if you just need to talk were here for you. Godspeed to Chiefsters mother may heaven's doors shine apon her with all the light in the world

Thanks to everyone for your good thoughts and prayers; they were felt and much appreciated!