Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Pregame Pats talk AFC CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE

Default Pregame Pats talk AFC CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE

So here we are playing for a trip to the super bowl.

We have home field and hopefully one of the most hyped crowds that we have ever seen.

To me the key isn't exactly a player. It's going to be won on the sidelines. If we are going to beat the Pats Andy is going to have to be on his A game. The playcalling can't be off. The Time management has to be good. This is a chance for Andy Reid to silence his critics I hope he makes use of it. You are not going to beat the Pats in the playoffs if you get outcoached.

Last week we heard all the talk about how the Colts were so hot and were so good the week before. I bet we see a lot of that same talk this week and already have seen some of it.

On the field the Chiefs O line is going to have to be better then they were against the Colts. Watching this game they harrassed Rivers all day long. Mahomes is far more mobile so that will be some help. But they are going to have to bring it.

Last week I said it was time to win a home playoff game and they got it done. Now it's time to bring that Lamar Hunt Trophy HOME. Lets get it done GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    We are at home
    Brady's washed up
    The Pats haven't won a road playoff game in 10 years

Are just some of the things I have seen them boast about how the Chiefs will roll over them. Granted it's not a whole lot of them but there is that element there.
    To be fair, they haven't played that many road games.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Elvis View Post
    To be fair, they haven't played that many road games.
    Very true

And it really doesn't matter anyway. I mean we hadn't won a home playoff game in 25 years until this past weekend
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    810 has the Pats dead and buried.

Keetzman says Brady is retiring after Sunday. Frank Bole Weevil claims the Chiefs will destroy NE. They are aghast how the Pats can claim the no respect card when all season long the media has been digging the NE grave. Gronk is done, Brady looked like hell in Pittsburgh, the Pats lost 5 road games.
    Welcome to the forum, BR. Whereabouts in Merriam? Used to live around 47th & Antioch on the Joco side.

Kevin Keitzman needs to seriously STHU. That was the same guy that argued to keep Elvis Grbac's offense around longer than we did. Generally he gets more annoying around baseball season.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    1) Yes, the Chiefs are at home. It is an advantage, yes. But, it doesn't etch anything in stone. I still think KC will have to play better, all the way around, than what they did against Indy.

2) So they think Brady is washed up? Just how many teams out there would give their testicles for a "washed up" QB that threw for 29 TD's, over 4000 yards, and only 11 INTS in 570 pass attempts? Brady is still Brady & the Chiefs will need to put him under the hardest pass-rush that he has seen all year, as well as cover his receivers like a blanket every time Brady decides to throw.

3) The Chiefs had never won a post-season game on a natural grass surface in 49 years since Super Bowl IV until they defeated Indy last Saturday. It is one thing to have confidence, but some of these individuals are getting way too high minded & arrogant. It's also another thing to assess what the Chiefs need to do to win, but these people are already acting like victory is etched in stone & you can't do that, as the game still has to be played. BTW, the Super Bowl is on the road for both teams that play it, and the Pats did win it in both 2014 and 2016.
    Re-quoted for truth. Fully expect them to come out swinging and landing punches. Period. Elway would sign up Brady in a heart beat if he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

Kevin Keitzman needs to seriously STHU. That was the same guy that argued to keep Elvis Grbac's offense around longer than we did. Generally he gets more annoying around baseball season.
    Sounds like he was probably all for Grbac playing that entire 1997 AFC playoff game against the Donkeys & leaving Rich Gannon on the bench. We saw how that worked out & it was predictable that the Chiefs would lose and Grbac's poor play was was the main reason, as the Chiefs couldn't generate the points that needed to win.

......... Fully expect them to come out swinging and landing punches. Period. Elway would sign up Brady in a heart beat if he could.
    I expect the same & the Chiefs have to be able to counter-punch every time they do get punched, which is what we saw against Indy.

Nobody should expect the Pats to just roll over on their backs and die. With that said, the Chiefs CAN do the types of things it takes to defeat NE. They (and that means ALL the players and coaches) simply have to be READY and have to be PREPARED to do those things on Sunday and NEVER QUIT. In the 1993 AFC Championship game against Buffalo, it seemed like Joe Montana and Marcus Allen were ready, but the rest of the team & its coaches were not, and it seemed like the team gave up at a certain point.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-16-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Who's this Bob Fesco idiot? some dope on sports radio? I just heard him ranting about how "Old England can slide into the Atlantic."

STFU. No one is dissing KC. Douche.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sounds like he was probably all for Grbac playing that entire 1997 AFC playoff game against the Donkeys & leaving Rich Gannon on the bench. We saw how that worked out & it was predictable that the Chiefs would lose and Grbac's poor play was was the main reason, as the Chiefs couldn't generate the points that needed to win.
    No, Brd - It was even worse. Keitzman was saying that crud after the '99 season when the team went 7-9 under Cunningham. Long after the point when we knew big changes were needed, cue Dick Vermeil.

No, Brd - It was even worse. Keitzman was saying that crud after the '99 season when the team went 7-9 under Cunningham. Long after the point when we knew big changes were needed, cue Dick Vermeil.
    He isn't too sharp then, if he was wanting to continue on with Grbac after that 7-9 season. Nobody that I know of wanted Grbac to stay & when he went, I remember thinking "goodbye and good riddance". Rich Gannon was in Oakland and playing like the best QB in football.

Keitzmann would be best served to shut his mouth completely about the upcoming game with the Pats.

Is it Sunday yet?

Over the past couple of days, I've gotten more and more anxious for game time.

I've also grown to like our chances more. Week 6 we lost a 3 point game on a late field goal.

We lost that game on the road. Without Justin Houston. We have made changes in the secondary with Ward are Lucas now getting more playing time a move that really has helped the defense. Plus Berry might play ANYTHING from him will be something that we didn't have week 6.

While I'm still going to have to see them take down Bray and Belichick I think they have a good shot to do it. LETS GET IT DONE. THE TIME IS NOW
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Is it Sunday yet?

Over the past couple of days, I've gotten more and more anxious for game time.

I've also grown to like our chances more. Week 6 we lost a 3 point game on a late field goal.

We lost that game on the road. Without Justin Houston. We have made changes in the secondary with Ward are Lucas now getting more playing time a move that really has helped the defense. Plus Berry might play ANYTHING from him will be something that we didn't have week 6.

While I'm still going to have to see them take down Bray and Belichick I think they have a good shot to do it. LETS GET IT DONE. THE TIME IS NOW
    I also think we’ve upgraded in the pass blocking in getting Ware back. West was a huge liability! Also I don’t know if LDT will start or not but having the DR back sure makes me feel better depth wise on our Oline. Oh Eric Berry being back and our linebackers all healthy just spell trouble for the visiting Patriots. We are full strength! Let’s go win the Lamar Hunt trophy and bring it Home to stay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I also think we’ve upgraded in the pass blocking in getting Ware back. West was a huge liability! Also I don’t know if LDT will start or not but having the DR back sure makes me feel better depth wise on our Oline. Oh Eric Berry being back and our linebackers all healthy just spell trouble for the visiting Patriots. We are full strength! Let’s go win the Lamar Hunt trophy and bring it Home to stay!!!
    Ueah i dont trust west at pass blocking either after he got blown up last weekend. Hes just not that big to pass block. I hope williams starts and ware is a backup. Im getting better and better feelings as the week goes along. Glad we are healthy.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast