Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregame Pats talk AFC CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE

Default Pregame Pats talk AFC CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE

So here we are playing for a trip to the super bowl.

We have home field and hopefully one of the most hyped crowds that we have ever seen.

To me the key isn't exactly a player. It's going to be won on the sidelines. If we are going to beat the Pats Andy is going to have to be on his A game. The playcalling can't be off. The Time management has to be good. This is a chance for Andy Reid to silence his critics I hope he makes use of it. You are not going to beat the Pats in the playoffs if you get outcoached.

Last week we heard all the talk about how the Colts were so hot and were so good the week before. I bet we see a lot of that same talk this week and already have seen some of it.

On the field the Chiefs O line is going to have to be better then they were against the Colts. Watching this game they harrassed Rivers all day long. Mahomes is far more mobile so that will be some help. But they are going to have to bring it.

Last week I said it was time to win a home playoff game and they got it done. Now it's time to bring that Lamar Hunt Trophy HOME. Lets get it done GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The key to this game against the Pats will be to win in the trenches. The Chiefs must be the more PHYSICAL team & let the Pats know right away that they are going to get hit & it going to HURT.

This time, the Chiefs will have a healthy Justin Houston & they have to stick to the sound Defensive fundamentals that we have seen the last two games. Look to slow down the Pats running game & slow down their short & medium distance passing game. If they can get Brady into situations where he has to throw long, the advantage goes to the Chiefs.

On Offense, Mahomes must look to move the sticks & stay patient. Take shots downfield at the RIGHT time, on 1st or 2nd down. On 3rd down look to pick up the 1st down and move the sticks. For Andy Reid, eliminate the bad play-calling & do not get too PASS-HAPPY, if it isn't necessary. Look to get the running game going to compliment Mahomes passing & be ready to adjust to what the Pats Defense is doing.

And yes, the Chiefs O-Line has to play better than they did against Indy, as does the Chiefs D-Line.

It is PAYBACK TIME !!!

One thing I don't think the we are going to see another 43-40 game.

I don't think it will be that high scoring

The Chiefs have given the Pats a lot of trouble but have not yet beat them when it really counts. Hey not many people have. We have seen so many times the talk about how the Pats are done. The Chiefs have a chance to be that team that actually shows they are done. But I'm going to have to see it before I say something about them being done.

I think this is a 31-28 game won by a late field goal. I hope it's us kicking the field goal.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The key to this game against the Pats will be to win in the trenches. The Chiefs must be the more PHYSICAL team & let the Pats know right away that they are going to get hit & it going to HURT.

This time, the Chiefs will have a healthy Justin Houston & they have to stick to the sound Defensive fundamentals that we have seen the last two games. Look to slow down the Pats running game & slow down their short & medium distance passing game. If they can get Brady into situations where he has to throw long, the advantage goes to the Chiefs.

On Offense, Mahomes must look to move the sticks & stay patient. Take shots downfield at the RIGHT time, on 1st or 2nd down. On 3rd down look to pick up the 1st down and move the sticks. For Andy Reid, eliminate the bad play-calling & do not get too PASS-HAPPY, if it isn't necessary. Look to get the running game going to compliment Mahomes passing & be ready to adjust to what the Pats Defense is doing.

And yes, the Chiefs O-Line has to play better than they did against Indy, as does the Chiefs D-Line.

It is PAYBACK TIME !!!
    I was actually pretty happy with the D line. They might not have gotten all the sacks but they batted down a ton of balls and that was a huge factor in the game. They could always do better but if they are doing that again it would be a major help in a Chiefs W.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The Patriots have represented the AFC in the last two Super Bowls. It's Kansas City's turn, now. The Steelers held the Pats to 10 points, as did the Titans, so I see no reason that the Chiefs can't cut the Pats scoring in half from the last time the two teams played. And if they do that, the Chiefs can win.

The Patriots will be tough but they're not unbeatable. If Arrowhead drowns out Brady with noise (again) it'll create some opportunities, but we got to take advantage of them. No almost interceptions, no almost receptions. The Patriots thrive on that stuff and expose lesser teams when that happens. Especially in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    The Patriots will be tough but they're not unbeatable. If Arrowhead drowns out Brady with noise (again) it'll create some opportunities, but we got to take advantage of them. No almost interceptions, no almost receptions. The Patriots thrive on that stuff and expose lesser teams when that happens. Especially in the playoffs.
    Exactly my thoughts. The Chiefs will need to play better than they did against Indy, but the Pats can be had, as they've had major struggles on the road this season and were 3-5. This game isn't in Foxboro, it will be at Arrowhead this time & I don't believe the Chiefs will fold the way the Chargers did today.

The Chiefs need to strike early & often, again.

The key will be to stop the run and hit Brady. The Pats used thed the threat of run and did alot of okay action stuff that lead to recievers being wide open. We cant let what they did today dictate or game plan. Cuz next week i bet the play action will actually be runs and they used today to bate us to think they will do alot of okay action and make us think that our linebackers need to stay home a second longer in which would help their run game. I see the pats playing chess here. I see them trying to pound the ball against us. We cant let them win time of possession.

So my 3 keys.

Stop the run
    Hit Brady pressure pressure pressure
    Time of possession.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. The Chiefs will need to play better than they did against Indy, but the Pats can be had, as they've had major struggles on the road this season and were 3-5. This game isn't in Foxboro, it will be at Arrowhead this time & I don't believe the Chiefs will fold the way the Chargers did today.

The Chiefs need to strike early & often, again.
    Of the defense plays as good as it did Colts then we can easily beat the Pats. The thing though i dont know if they can cuz Pats better team than Colts but i hope they keep the aggressive attitude which i think is exactly what we need. Im not worried about our offense scoring. We just need to eliminate big plays but also keep in mind the longer their drive is that gets points means less time for our offense. Sometimes making them take a long time to score is not a good thing. If they're going to score you miht want them to score fast so it means our offense has more time. I think everyone plays the end of the game wrong also. When your up by 3 and your opponents gwt in feild goal range or closer you should let them score immediately if not you will leave your offense with no time left.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Of the defense plays as good as it did Colts then we can easily beat the Pats. The thing though i dont know if they can cuz Pats better team than Colts but i hope they keep the aggressive attitude which i think is exactly what we need. Im not worried about our offense scoring. We just need to eliminate big plays but also keep in mind the longer their drive is that gets points means less time for our offense. Sometimes making them take a long time to score is not a good thing. If they're going to score you miht want them to score fast so it means our offense has more time. I think everyone plays the end of the game wrong also. When your up by 3 and your opponents gwt in feild goal range or closer you should let them score immediately if not you will leave your offense with no time left.
    The thing is, I don't really believe the Pats are THAT much better than Indy. Indy crushed the Titans twice, while the Titans decisively handed the Pats a 34-10 loss. Indy played much better on the road in the 2nd half of the season than NE did. The Pats weren't better than the Dolphins or the Steelers when they needed to be & hence why this game is being played at Arrowhead & not Foxboro.

You are right about bringing pressure on Brady & hit him hard and often.

The Chiefs can't let this game come down to a last second FG. They need to take charge & dominate. Mahomes was off target in that 1st half of that game in Foxboro & they missed a couple of scoring opportunities. I don't think that will be the case this time. This time they will have to cash in every chance they get. The Defense is healthier this time around & Justin Houston has been a difference maker as of late, and he didn't play in the 1st meeting.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast