Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All optimism is gone for me

Default All optimism is gone for me

This game the Chiefs played was an absolute joke. Huard was absolutely AWFUL! I didn't really care about the QB thing before, now I do, might as well put in Croyle because this season is a joke now anyways after this game.
    Huard put the Chiefs into a hole early by throwing a stupid interception, even after getting away with a couple. Then, after the Broncos score, a blitz comes and he's sacked, but the idiot still tries to throw, and a fumble occurs to give the Broncos another TD. Here's something smart you can do! PROTECT THE BALL!
    Croyle and Priest looked alright for the most part, but with the hole Huard put us in, we had no chance after that. Our defense wasn't really given much of a chance with the stupid turnovers we committed, though I have seen us play better. Overall, if we play even half as bad for the rest of the season as we have today, we may win two games from now on. Pathetic.

why is your optimism gone? we are in first place still and we have a new offensive scheme with Priest and Brody.

unfortunately, we can ALMOST write up next weeks game as a loss, playing against payton, chief's all time season killer.

We might still be in a 3-way tie for first place if the Chargers lose, but what's the point? We're on our way to one of our worst home seasons in years. That's the bread and butter for the Chiefs. We need all the wins we can get at home, and we're 2-3 there.
    We might win the week after next against the Raiders, since they really suck, but we'll lose to the Broncos again at their place. After that, we won't win a game until the last week of the season against the Jets. There is no way we'll beat the Chargers or Titans here, not to mention the Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    We might still be in a 3-way tie for first place if the Chargers lose, but what's the point? We're on our way to one of our worst home seasons in years. That's the bread and butter for the Chiefs. We need all the wins we can get at home, and we're 2-3 there.
    We might win the week after next against the Raiders, since they really suck, but we'll lose to the Broncos again at their place. After that, we won't win a game until the last week of the season against the Jets. There is no way we'll beat the Chargers or Titans here, not to mention the Lions.
    hahaaha. settle down man. you always lose all hope after a loss? huard dug is in such a great hole that it made it hard to get back in it.

Next time we play the donks, we get to start anew, with croyle starting in a 0-0 game and a few games under his belt. The results could change dramatically.

This is rebuilding mode, we have our rookie QB in, we are going to see in the next few games what our future could look like.

Dont get all upset after one game.

The bad news is, with payton and tom brady still going to be in the league for a few more years, it is hard for any team to find hope of seeing a superbowl any time soon. At least any AFC team. Those teams are stacked!!!!!!!

I have been leaning to the play Huard side for this season untill now, no more, He cost us today! I am in the play Brody camp now. I did like what I saw from Priest today.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I have been leaning to the play Huard side for this season untill now, no more, He cost us today! I am in the play Brody camp now. I did like what I saw from Priest today.
    Priest put up 20 more rushing yards today then Adrian Peterson, although Peterson left with an injury. Croyle looked fairly good, does need to settle down a little, I was a little disappointed that when Denver gave him like 20 tries he didn't get it into the endzone, but I am all for keeping him in the rest of the season and him being the starter from the start next season. After next season it would be a good time to truly evaluate Brodie Croyle, not after this week not after this season.

He just needs time to mature and he will make some mistakes, especially when he comes in with a bad deficit to make up. I would love though to come out of this season making the playoffs, I don't care at this time if we do it being the best in the worst division, a playoff game would add experience for Brodie.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

yeah priest was definately able to make yardage out of nothing with all his amazing cuts and jukes. We still did not have any big holes for him to run into, but he was able to do two things that LJ cannot, make cuts up the middle and get around the outside.

Yes, we need a better O line, but I think we will only see improvement from here on out with the Chiefs offense starting with the QB and Priest.

and i gotta tell you, we dont have receivers dropping the ball. We got some good receivers. If brody can limit turnovers, he is going to be a good qb for the chiefs because he is able to throw and hit. The turnovers will come because he is a rookie, lets just hope they are limited to where we can pull out the wins!!!!!!! and get brodys confidence built sky high.

Default Huard/Croyle

I did not put much stock into either of these two quarterbacks. We had a great opportunity to grab Leftwich or Culpepper but instead we hold out and spend tons of money to resign questionable Larry Johnson. I am not sure why the suits upstairs constantly dismiss the quatrterback as the main position to garnish a superbowl ring. Actually they know this but Larry Johnson jerseys outsell a Culpepper or Leftwich jersey....

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Imperial View Post
    I did not put much stock into either of these two quarterbacks. We had a great opportunity to grab Leftwich or Culpepper but instead we hold out and spend tons of money to resign questionable Larry Johnson. I am not sure why the suits upstairs constantly dismiss the quatrterback as the main position to garnish a superbowl ring. Actually they know this but Larry Johnson jerseys outsell a Culpepper or Leftwich jersey....
    Nice first post, but Culpepper sucks too.

Randy Moss made him look like a star.

Don't know about Croyle yet, but I hope we have a future with him.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I know I may be over-doing it a bit, but it's just how bad we looked today. We looked really lifeless, maybe it was the weather! Priest did look very well, Croyle looked alright for the situation he was in. I thought our defense could've played better than it did, but we can thank our offense for a lot of that anyways.
    However, even after we were down by so much, I thought the final blow was when Bowe couldn't make that TD grab, which would've made coming back very easy. That just felt like a killer, not to mention the long missed FG. Who knows though, maybe we'll pull a miracle and beat the Colts! Haha!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast