Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The new DC

Default The new DC

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1088564261704683521

Mike GarafoloVerified account @MikeGarafoloFollowFollow
    @MikeGarafolo

More

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Go look at the play after Dee Ford's offsides. If Berry simply turns around when Gronk does to look for the ball, he could have had an easy & game saving INT. Instead, not only does Berry not turn around, he doesn't even stick his hands up to try and keep Gronk from catching the ball. I couldn't believe that when I saw that & I'm thinking "this is a guy this team wants to pay 13+ million dollars a year for -- just so he can continue to SUCK at pass defense". In the Raiders and Colts games, the Defense looked so much better, fundamentally. Then they put Berry back in for the AFCG & they looked like scrimmage fodder.

Spags and the Defensive assistants must stress to whoever the DB's are in 2019, to turn and look for the ball & to employ better coverage techniques.
    The whole "idea" of having Berry in there was supposed to be better communication, better D against the run game, the only guy that has a chance of covering Gronkowski...yadda yadda yadda....if you ask the couch coordinators. We got our answers, too.

Berry's current situation is unique. All the man has to do is sit in a therapy room and wonder when the team will show up and beg for an injury settlement, or how to shelter $15 more million from taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Far as I'm concerned if Spagnuolo can get the next batch of mystery cornerback x's to turn and look for the ball, and the linebackers to just stay in their lanes and make tackles...It'll be a huge improvement.
    If he can just teach the guys how to tackle without giving up more than 2 yards after the point of contact, it will be a huge improvement.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

This 3 page article breaks down what went wrong in the AFCG, and most of it on the Defensive side of the ball.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/01/...onship-game/3/

It shows Edelman on that exact same play converting 3rd down into 1st down FOUR times on the exact same play & there were no adjustments to stop it. It just shows the ineptitude of Bob Sutton and some of the Chiefs DB's.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    If he can just teach the guys how to tackle without giving up more than 2 yards after the point of contact, it will be a huge improvement.
    This is an area where DJ is sorely missed. Would hire him as a position coach in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    This 3 page article breaks down what went wrong in the AFCG, and most of it on the Defensive side of the ball.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/01/...onship-game/3/

It shows Edelman on that exact same play converting 3rd down into 1st down FOUR times on the exact same play & there were no adjustments to stop it. It just shows the ineptitude of Bob Sutton and some of the Chiefs DB's.
    Just think that if we had just a lil better defense we'd be undefeated and going to the superbowl. We had the 31st ranked defense. If we even had the 25th to 29th ranked would have been huge for us. Just get us to the 15th to 22nd ranked defense and il be happy.

Oh by the way watts and sorenson doesnt fit into spanguolo defense. So another wasted draft pick. Also he uses 3 cb instead of 3 safties. Berry and lucas fits spanguolo defense that we have on our roster. Maybe we can trade watts and sorenson, heck maybe houston, and berry while we are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Just think that if we had just a lil better defense we'd be undefeated and going to the superbowl. We had the 31st ranked defense. If we even had the 25th to 29th ranked would have been huge for us. Just get us to the 15th to 22nd ranked defense and il be happy.

Oh by the way watts and sorenson doesnt fit into spanguolo defense. So another wasted draft pick. Also he uses 3 cb instead of 3 safties. Berry and lucas fits spanguolo defense that we have on our roster. Maybe we can trade watts and sorenson, heck maybe houston, and berry while we are at it.
    We need to do as much as we can to improve the defense.

The offense scored more then 26 points in every game that had never happened before in the history of the NFL. We can't assume that's going to happen again.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    We need to do as much as we can to improve the defense.

The offense scored more then 26 points in every game that had never happened before in the history of the NFL. We can't assume that's going to happen again.
    I agree. 1st we need to make sure we dont waste anymore draft picks qoukd be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post

This is just rumor-control for right now, but a guy I met at work today who was at the Indy playoff game said he believes that Spags wants Landon Collins to come to KC. He also said Berry is done and needs to go.

I fail to see how Armani Watts doesn't fit our new system?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I fail to see how Armani Watts doesn't fit our new system?
    Hes doesnt have the traits that spangulol requires in his safties. Basically only berry and lucas fits his style that he wants. There is a good article out about it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast