Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Webnews: Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 44

Post Webnews: Browns sign Kareem Hunt

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio

At a time when the Bears seemed to be flirting with the possibility of adding running back Kareem Hunt, another team has beaten them to it. The Cleveland Browns have announced that Hunt has been signed to a contract. Drafted by the Chiefs when John Dorsey served as the team’s G.M., the man who has [more] Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Well you got your Wish Demps cause tonight I was the victem of a carjacking in Indianapolis, I didnt fight him the dude just ran up to me and yanked the keys out of my pocket ran to my car got in and stole it. I feel so violated

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,355
    Given: 1,452

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Well you got your Wish Demps cause tonight I was the victem of a carjacking in Indianapolis, I didnt fight him the dude just ran up to me and yanked the keys out of my pocket ran to my car got in and stole it. I feel so violated
    Sorry about the misfortune. I know the feeling after my apartment was burglarized many years ago & that only thing I ever got back was blood from the perpetrator that I know did it and the punk was dumb enough to confront me a year and a half later. Hopefully your vehicle will be found fully intact by the local authorities and you will get it back.

The point that I've been trying to make throughout this thread is that Kareem Hunt WAS violated in this incident at his hotel, and that was what provoked the whole incident. He went further than he needed to though with corrective action when he kicked the gal after she was down & if he doesn't do that, then the whole incident gets regarded as a minor altercation, there wouldn't have been anything for him to lie about & try to cover up & he remains a Chief.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 111

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    We aren't saying that he didn't come undone -- he did and he went too far with kicking her when she was down. But that is an example of what can happen when you go repeatedly dropping the N bomb on a black man, and when you are white and you do that, you run the risk of provoking them to murderous fury. Accountability must be held on both sides.

I challenge anyone to go to the Harlem section of NYC and yell racial slurs. You won't be walking away from it, you'll be getting carried away.
    The problem is that you seem to be upset that Kareem was held accountable for his actions. You have been upset with the NFL the Chiefs and everyone but Kareem Hunt.

I don't think anyone on here has argued that the women involved were innocent in this case. But the Chiefs the NFL have no authority to do anything regarding them. There isn't really anything they could do to hold them accountable. They can with Hunt and that's what was done.
    What is a TopekaRoy?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,355
    Given: 1,452

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The problem is that you seem to be upset that Kareem was held accountable for his actions. You have been upset with the NFL the Chiefs and everyone but Kareem Hunt.

I don't think anyone on here has argued that the women involved were innocent in this case. But the Chiefs the NFL have no authority to do anything regarding them. There isn't really anything they could do to hold them accountable. They can with Hunt and that's what was done.
    Incorrect. What bothers me is THE WAY he was held accountable for his actions. He got CRUCIFIED and OVER-VILIFIED (and I'm not alone in that thought) as though he had raped the gal and sucked her eyeballs out their sockets, whereas the the real perpetrators, except for the kick in the behind, were awful lucky they didn't suffer far worse consequences than what they did.

As I said before, a stiff fine & a 3-4 game suspension with the Chiefs brass telling him "you get involved in any more scenarios like this & we'll have you run completely out of the NFL" (which is essentially what John Dorsey is doing right now with him) would have been sufficient enough to give him a wake-up call and point him in the direction of watching his step VERY carefully off the field. Outright releasing him was TOO EXTREME. The Bucs didn't do that with Jameis Winston & he did far worse than what Kareem Hunt did.

If he screws up again, then you'll be able to come back to me and say "I told you so". Time will tell.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345