Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Herm, a dollar short and a day late

Default Herm, a dollar short and a day late

Why? Why did Huard even start the second half? We all saw it coming. Two close interceptions, then a real one and then the fumble. Total game killer.

Croyle and Priest were the bright spots. Croyle did pretty well. He was a little excited and needs to settle down some. That will come with some more experience. Experience he should have had already. But Herm and the Huard lovers seemed to believe he gave us the "best chance to win." Well today Huard gave us the best chance to lose. Croyle has the throwing ability to zip passes into tight spots and throw it down field. I would like to see him scramble and run, as he didn't do much today, but I'm sure the play calling is conservative after Green's concussion last year. I'm relieved Huard is out and we can finally move on.

Priest was, well he was Priest! For being out two seasons the guy still has it. Considering how horrible the O line is, and how the running game was abandoned when we were behind, he had some good runs and catches. Kolby Smith sure didn't impress me. He looked like another LJ type of runner and just kept running straight and hitting the pile with little gain.

Kennison looked good and I'm glad to see him back. He, Bowe and Gonzales are a force. With Croyle getting the majority of the practice snaps now, Croyle should be able to develop a rhythm with them. Webb looked good too.

Unfortunately, this season is a wash. We may win the West, but will not advance any further in the playoffs. If the Chiefs can't win at home against Denver, Green Bay and Jacksonville we don't stand a chance on the road in the playoffs. But if the Broncos or Chargers finally turn it on, and we don't, we won't win the West. We'll be lucky if we finish 8-8 at this point.
    Last edited by greg3564; 11-11-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

All great points.

I feel bad for Huard, but at least now we have a good back up QB, instead of a crappy starting QB.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Don't count out Herms stupidity yet, Huard may still start next week.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    If he does, I'll pull out what's left of my hair(pulled most of it out today). Honestly, Herm has been looking for any excuse to bench Huard and now he has it. Thank God!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    If he does, I'll pull out what's left of my hair(pulled most of it out today). Honestly, Herm has been looking for any excuse to bench Huard and now he has it. Thank God!
    I think if he was looking for an excuse and did not see it before today then he needs glasses. Huard hasn't looked good very often this year, more likely is Herm was wanting a reason to put Croyle in but the pressure to stay with Huard because of leading the division was how Huard kept his job this long. I hope he isn't hurt to bad that he cant be a backup. It did look though like he could have went in after he came out for a series or so. We will have to see.

STL Won down to one 0 win team, Miami you are on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Say it ain't so...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Herm is anything but a dollar short; trust me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Herm is anything but a dollar short; trust me on this.
    Really? Explain how we got killed at home against a poor team that we were favored to win against. Explain why Huard was left in the game after halftime. Explain how the corners were smoked time and time again. Todays game was a complete disaster in coaching.

The "great" Herm Edwards has a career record of 52-53. A .500 coach at best. The Jets were more than happy to get rid of him and now we see why.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Really? Explain how we got killed at home against a poor team that we were favored to win against. Explain why Huard was left in the game after halftime. Explain how the corners were smoked time and time again. Todays game was a complete disaster in coaching.
    Herm gets paid whether the team plays, or he coaches, well or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast