Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Off-season news updates

Default Off-season news updates

Jason La Canfora reports the Chiefs are exploring trade options on the offensive side of the ball and are looking to make a splash in FA, weather be RB or WR. La Confora spoke with a few teams who believe the Chiefs will be players in the Le' veon Bell Sweepstakes. And the bottom line is don't be surprised if the Chiefs come away with a big time RB or WR like Antonio Brown.

The Chiefs are franchise tagging Dee Ford and will listen to trade offers for him. They are also shopping Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    The Chiefs are franchise tagging Dee Ford and will listen to trade offers for him. They are also shopping Houston.
    TRANSLATED: The oversized contract that they elected to sign Eric Berry to -- which he really didn't earn -- is coming back to bite them in the arse.

Seriously, I'm not on board with seeing both of them depart in the same off-season.

Which means if both Dee Ford and Justin Houston are both sent gone Pass Rush becomes the #1 top priority in the draft even more important than the Secondary.

I hope Berry realizes the community isbturning against him and retires or we do an injury settlement. We are tired of him costing us. He had one good season. Thats all. Prolly the most overpaid safety in history in my opinion. For him chosing no surgery is so asinine. If he chose no surgery then come season he cant play no one will ever forgive him. He put himself in front of the team.

Also im not aure how i feel if we went after Bell. I think he will cost way to much. But damn our o would be scary.

Hell no to Brown he is cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I hope Berry realizes the community isbturning against him and retires or we do an injury settlement. We are tired of him costing us. He had one good season. Thats all. Prolly the most overpaid safety in history in my opinion. For him chosing no surgery is so asinine. If he chose no surgery then come season he cant play no one will ever forgive him. He put himself in front of the team.

Also im not aure how i feel if we went after Bell. I think he will cost way to much. But damn our o would be scary.

I've seen posted elsewhere that Berry cannot have surgery without the teams permission, as it will constitute a breach of contract & they could cut him with no cap hit. In other words this could be the team forcing their hand with him, which they cannot be blamed for. Which means they could cut him after June 1st, if he passes his physical and they save 9 million on the cap. Actually, he had a few good games in 2016, not necessarily an entire good season. He can't cover Gronk without holding him. So, with that said, he needs to come to the realization that it is time to go.

As for Bell, I'd welcome him if he's willing to come on board at a reasonable cost, because like Kareem Hunt, when Bell is on his game, he is unstoppable.

Don't need Brown & that ain't happening because of last years signing of Watkins. Watkins just needs to be healthier in 2019 & on the field more than he was in 2018.

Link Courtesy Of ArrowheadPride.com

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...eason-priority

New reports say the Chiefs will make Safety Landon Collins an Off Season Priority.

Also the rumored asking price for Dee Ford is a mid 2nd round Pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Also the rumored asking price for Dee Ford is a mid 2nd round Pick.
    If that truly is the case...Veach & Reid have made plans. April will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I've seen posted elsewhere that Berry cannot have surgery without the teams permission, as it will constitute a breach of contract & they could cut him with no cap hit. In other words this could be the team forcing their hand with him, which they cannot be blamed for. Which means they could cut him after June 1st, if he passes his physical and they save 9 million on the cap. Actually, he had a few good games in 2016, not necessarily an entire good season. He can't cover Gronk without holding him. So, with that said, he needs to come to the realization that it is time to go.

As for Bell, I'd welcome him if he's willing to come on board at a reasonable cost, because like Kareem Hunt, when Bell is on his game, he is unstoppable.

Don't need Brown & that ain't happening because of last years signing of Watkins. Watkins just needs to be healthier in 2019 & on the field more than he was in 2018.
    Bell would be an absolute 2nd half monster if we could get him. Definitely agree on saying no to Brown, mainly because we have Watkins just want to see him stay healthy.

Enough is enough with Berry. We have to cough up our pass rush because of his cap hit? Finding it really ironic that the Houston, the player that wore a T shirt saying "29" under his jersey for fans after sacks, is the guy that gets cut while Berry gets press from not going to surgery. Very concerned with our D getting worse instead of better, it's never a good sign when the front office starts fixing what isn't broken. Veach really needs to deliver this draft.
    Last edited by Eydugstr; 03-07-2019 at 08:00 AM.

If Eric Berry is still on the team 3/15. He is in their plans for this coming year due to a 7.5 additional guaranteed roster bonus. If they can land Collins in the firs two days. I would expect Berry to be let go immediately after the signing.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast