Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frank Clark anyone - Not a fan of the trade

Default Frank Clark anyone - Not a fan of the trade

Reports say the trade is done. Chiefs give up their first and second next year. And swap third round this year.

This guys past is more checkered than Hills.

I love the move to improve the team. I hate the move for what we gave up and his past.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Agreed that it is a lot to give up, so we have to hope he plays at an elite level like he did last year. I get that we need a Defensive pressure player and perhaps the Chiefs weren't sold on any of the guys in this years draft to come in and make an instant impact.

If, and I say IF, veach were to trade down into round 2 of this Thursdays draft & pick up a 3rd rounder in 2020 or maybe even a 2nd rounder, then maybe the cost of getting Clark will be offset just a bit.
    My bad, I misunderstood. It was this years 1st rounder given up and not next years. But, giving up a 2nd rounder, in addition to a 1st rounder, does make for a very high cost.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-23-2019 at 09:26 PM.

I sure hope this guy makes our D something to be dealt with. I think Andy thinks we are all in it for this yr. Super Bowl.

Frank Clark is far better than any player that they could've drafted at the DE spot he is a monster and worth every penny that we paid.

I saw a tweet from some media person that a NFL GM not involved in the trade said that comparing Clark to Ford was like comparing Mahomes to Flacco hopefully that's true.

I love that they are being aggressive. They are so close on offense. They just couldn't simply stand pat and let the same thing happen as last year. There are times that you just have to suck it up and make the move. This was one of those times IMO Yes it was a bit of a price. But We were in a position that we could pay that price and wouldn't be in a bad spot still when it comes to picks. We made some cap room with the other moves. We also got some picks to work with through moves so this wouldn't hurt us that much
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Seattle fan here... you guys got a great player in Frank. Your defense surely needed some help. You're "in the bubble" so, I think the trade made sense from a compete now perspective.

With that said, most Seattle fans couldn't be happier. No way was he getting that $$ in Seattle. Additionally, I think you guys may have folded a bit too far in our favor with the draft compensation.

One things for certain...he's going to make an impact for KC.

Good luck on the season!

I just think a 1st and a 2nd is to much to pay. Even if it's an extra pick we had and it being separate years. Which year doesnt make a difference to me. At the least seatle should have given a bit more. Maybe swap pics in more just the 3rd round. Maybe instead of swapping the 3rd pics just give us a 4th round pick.

Clark
    4th rnd

For 1st, 2nd and maybe heck throw a 5th rnd pic in there as well.

Atleast give us an actual extra pic and not just a swap in the 3rd.

I must hate that we lost out in the 1st round this year. Also our pics in the 2nd round the last years have been busts so far. K-pass amd speaks. Which I like kpass over speaks. Though to be fair I like them better in a 4-3 than a 3-4 bit what does that tell you about Veach's drafting abilities? Not good. Both DE that disnt fit our 3-4 system which hampered us. We would be better off of drafting anyone else but those two. I hope kpass turns the corner in our new system so our last 2 years 2md rounders ain't just wasted picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    But 4 years clean since he was drafted. I'm sure Veach did his homework on this guy before pulling the trigger.
    Two years ago, he punched a teammate and broke his jaw.

Speaks is not a bust and should not be considered a bust according to the beat writers for the Chiefs He acctually had a good year last year so thats good enough for me to know that he isnt a bust Jason you need to get a grip on the bust label with Speaks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Speaks is not a bust and should not be considered a bust according to the beat writers for the Chiefs He acctually had a good year last year so thats good enough for me to know that he isnt a bust Jason you need to get a grip on the bust label with Speaks
    The only thing negative I saw with Speak I that he was behind Justin Houston and once made the mistake of letting Brady go in fear he would get flagged. A mistake he did not make again.

He is better suited as a 4-3 DE.

He's a bust in my opinion until he proves otherwise. I was not impressed by him. I did say I think hes a better fit for 4-3 and he should be better but until then hes a busts. I'm more upset we drafted same position as our top pic in 2 straight years. Actually 3 years in a row now if you include 1st pic trade for Clark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12