Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank Clark anyone - Not a fan of the trade

Default Frank Clark anyone - Not a fan of the trade

Reports say the trade is done. Chiefs give up their first and second next year. And swap third round this year.

This guys past is more checkered than Hills.

I love the move to improve the team. I hate the move for what we gave up and his past.

I don't know much about his past. But he doesn't have any thing current going on that I know of at least

Also keep in mind nexts years 2 we got one for Dee Ford
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I agree with Seek. Why not draft an edge rusher and coach him up?

Sorry I think we gave up to much. A 1st and a second to me is to much even if it's an extra pick we have next year. If you want to stay out of salary cap trouble you have to lean on the draft and draft well. I think we will be in salary cap trouble in a year or two. So not only we gave up to much to get him but it also handicaps us on the salary cap. Would rather have kept Ford on a franchise tag for one year them this.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Sorry I think we gave up to much. A 1st and a second to me is to much even if it's an extra pick we have next year. If you want to stay out of salary cap trouble you have to lean on the draft and draft well. I think we will be in salary cap trouble in a year or two. So not only we gave up to much to get him but it also handicaps us on the salary cap. Would rather have kept Ford on a franchise tag for one year them this.
    Dee Ford leaving does not bother me the slightest. Yes he was able to get to the QB, but teams ran right at him because he was a liability. He does not fit a 4-3 scheme without putting more emphasize on run stopping.

What bothers me the most is reading the police report for which he did three days of jail, one year of suspension and got kicked off the Michigan football team. He has as much trouble in his past as T. Hill.

Veach is putting his job on the line for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Dee Ford leaving does not bother me the slightest. Yes he was able to get to the QB, but teams ran right at him because he was a liability. He does not fit a 4-3 scheme without putting more emphasize on run stopping.

What bothers me the most is reading the police report for which he did three days of jail, one year of suspension and got kicked off the Michigan football team. He has as much trouble in his past as T. Hill.

Veach is putting his job on the line for this one.
    But 4 years clean since he was drafted. I'm sure Veach did his homework on this guy before pulling the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Here's something to keep in mind about the cap There's going to be a new CBA in a couple of seasons the Cap might be higher then.

We gave up a late 1st round pick an extra pick next year and swap picks this year in the 3rd round for a top level player still in his prime. We have 3 picks in the first 3 rounds still both this year and next. The draft picks are still there it's a lot to give up but for an elite player on the defensive side of the ball that we REALLY needed I think this was a move they simply had to make
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Year Total Liabilities Salary Cap (Projected) Cap Room
    2019 $166,553,628 $189,470,884 $22,917,256
    2020 $141,235,865 $200,000,000 $58,764,135
    2021 $74,286,907 $200,000,000 $125,713,093
    2022 $19,800,000 $200,000,000 $180,200,000

According to Over the Cap

We Should be Just fine on Cap space the next few years

Agreed that it is a lot to give up, so we have to hope he plays at an elite level like he did last year. I get that we need a Defensive pressure player and perhaps the Chiefs weren't sold on any of the guys in this years draft to come in and make an instant impact.

If, and I say IF, veach were to trade down into round 2 of this Thursdays draft & pick up a 3rd rounder in 2020 or maybe even a 2nd rounder, then maybe the cost of getting Clark will be offset just a bit.

While it's fun to watch him spank the Raiders...Think we gave up too much for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast