Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herms Postgame Comments.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default Herms Postgame Comments.

Herm Edwards Postgame Comments - Broncos

Nov 11, 2007, 4:02:01 PM

Windows | Real | Audio
    HERM EDWARDS: “It was a competitive game in the first half and then two costly mistakes where we turned the ball over offensively and missed a tackle on a blitz and the guy scores. Then another turnover and the guy scores and it’s a 14-point swing all of a sudden.”
    “It’s one of those games where momentum is key and the second half is similar to last week where we relinquished the lead in the fourth quarter. We had a lead at home and you hope you can build on that.”
    Q: Would you have made the QB switch if Damon Huard had not been injured?
    EDWARDS: “Yeah.”
    Q: Is this for real now?
    EDWARDS: “I haven’t decided anything. I’ll wait till Monday.”
    Q: What was the conversation at halftime about the QB position?
    EDWARDS: “We needed to get something going offensively and we were going to wait until the third quarter to see what happened. We just felt at that time when the score became what it became and we were struggling on offense and needed a spark. I thought Brodie came in and drove the team at times. Did a pretty good job but didn’t score any points. But he moved the team some and that was good. For the most part, he made some good throws and had a little energy.”
    Q: Are you surprised that nine games into the season that the division is the way it is?
    EDWARDS: “Yeah, a lot of people felt that some teams would have more wins in our division than they have at this point and time. You’ve got to win; you can’t count on teams losing. No one anticipated the division lead would just have four wins right now. No one anticipated that at all.”
    Q: Was giving Priest Holmes 20 carries more than you wanted?
    EDWARDS: “He ran pretty well. That’s a lot for him all of a sudden. He did a good job. He hit some holes and made some on his own and made some guys miss.”
    Q: Did you see better decision making from Croyle than what you saw in the pre-season?
    EDWARDS: “Yeah, I thought he was more comfortable. He’s really comfortable in the shotgun. He can see everything coming at him and gets the ball out of hands. He moved around OK.”
    Q: You came out throwing the second half; did you feel that you had to open it up some?
    EDWARDS: “A little bit because they were putting eight guys in the box. We just felt we could throw it and you have to be aggressive at some point. We got some match-ups we thought we could win with but it didn’t work out. But we couldn’t get anything deep down the field because they kept the ball in front.”
    Q: Defensively your thoughts on your team’s play?
    EDWARDS: “We missed some tackles and the corner missed the tackle on the edge [on Denver’s first touchdown]. At that point if you hold them to a field goal there you feel OK.
    Broncos Head Coach Mike Shanahan
    On winning in Kansas City: ”(The Chiefs) have been so good over the years taking advantage of their home field, with their crowd, and finding a way to win. It’s nice to come into here and find a way to do it ourselves. They have the best home record in the National Football League over the last five or six years. They play well here and it’s nice to come out with a win.“

On winning after trailing at the half: “We made some big plays in the third quarter and were up 14 points off of three plays. It was a good team win. We had a lot of penalties, but we still found a way to win.“

On RB Selvin Young’s speed: “Kansas City is probably surprised by his speed now. He’s a little bit faster than most people think. He has great quickness and we’ve been able to see it. In the second half he did a great job of securing that ball. He played hard and is probably a little tired. He came in with a lot of pressure on him and he reacted well.“

On QB Jay Cutler: “He played pretty good. I thought he made a couple of plays and I think he would probably like to have a couple of plays back as well. That’s the nature of this game. You have to find a way to make some plays when nothing is there and I thought that he did that a couple of times.“

On the decision to start S Hamza Abdullah for injured S John Lynch: “We just thought that they were going to throw the football and Abdullah has a little more range, he’s more of a nickel-type safety. That’s one of the reasons that we started the game off in a nickel-type defense. They did a good job of running the football and got us out of the nickel and back into base personnel. We rotated alignments and I thought that we kept them a little off-balance.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/11...ents__broncos/

Sounds to me like it is Brodie for the rest of the year, I have heard that Huard was hurt, I wouldn't want to question things, but at that point didn't Huard just look defeated. I am kinda wondering if he knew it was time and either played hurt to ease his going out a little, to try to save some pride. Or if possibly if he faked being hurt because he knew that it was best for the team to be taken out.

They say that when it is time to come out then you hear footsteps, Huard must have thought bigfoot was coming up behind him with the volume that those footsteps were making.

I really think that no matter how good Huard could be that the only reason he should go back into a game this year is if Brodie is hurt.
    I think his confidence is so rattled by bad play, losing, and losing his job to put him in now he would be very ineffective.
    If however Croyle got hurt then maybe it would give Huard the confidence to go in and play good. He has to know that not many people want him to start at this point and I have a feeling as much as he wants to start he may not think he is the best option at this point.
    Also again what is best for the team, if Herm doesn't show confidence in Croyle now and puts Huard back in I think it may do irreparable damage to Croyle. Going out on a limb but if Herm starts Huard next week at Indy it will do moderate damage to Croyle but can be explained away by throwing the Indy card.
    If Huard starts the following week at the Raiders, Croyle will never be a starter for the Chiefs. Continuing to bench him and not show confidence at this point, he would either never play effective for KC and need to be traded, or he would never play good in his career.

This is just an observation but you always hear about how much of a role confidence plays a part in a player and a team. Also if you don't start Croyle against the Raiders the team will lose confidence in Croyle and once that is gone so is his ability to play for this team.

I didn't get to see the game but it sounds like to me that we did all we could to help Dungver win.

We did in various places, Huard first and foremost was MVP for Denver in this game, I really believe if it wouldn't have been for Huard in this game we would have won.

Huard 6 of 15 for 83 yards, 0 TD's 2 int's 2 sacks 1 fumble lost. Passer rating 18.9.

I believe that 17 or 21 of the Denver points were off turnovers.

Take away the points off turnovers and might have a 11-7 win or 11-10 win.

At one point the Chiefs gave up 14 points in 9 seconds or something to that effect and all of them off of turnovers, that was where the game went away. Huard threw a pick first pass of the second half, then the very next play on offense, Huard got sacked and lost the ball, that was Huards last play of the game, and maybe his career.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    We did in various places, Huard first and foremost was MVP for Denver in this game, I really believe if it wouldn't have been for Huard in this game we would have won.

Huard 6 of 15 for 83 yards, 0 TD's 2 int's 2 sacks 1 fumble lost. Passer rating 18.9.

I believe that 17 or 21 of the Denver points were off turnovers.

Take away the points off turnovers and might have a 11-7 win or 11-10 win.

At one point the Chiefs gave up 14 points in 9 seconds or something to that effect and all of them off of turnovers, that was where the game went away. Huard threw a pick first pass of the second half, then the very next play on offense, Huard got sacked and lost the ball, that was Huards last play of the game, and maybe his career.
    Well all good things must come to an end; problem is that we're still waiting for this thing to get good.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Passer rating 18.9.
    I didn't know a rating could go that low.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    It's limbo time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    See Huard is good for something, look what you learned.

not all the blame can go on huard, its not his fault he didn't get any protection in the pocket.. oh well, the brodie era has begun and what a way to start out than getting hit in the mouth against the colts tenacious d? and how mad do you think they will be for losing against the chargers? and take it out on us in their house?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxHERO View Post
    not all the blame can go on huard, its not his fault he didn't get any protection in the pocket.. oh well, the brodie era has begun and what a way to start out than getting hit in the mouth against the colts tenacious d? and how mad do you think they will be for losing against the chargers? and take it out on us in their house?
    on that note, let us bow our heads in prayer...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast