Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's official. Brody Croyle starts!

Default It's official. Brody Croyle starts!

As reported by the KC Star.

Brodie Croyle will start for the Chiefs at quarterback in Sunday’s game against the Colts in Indianapolis.

“You need a spark,’’ coach Herm Edwards said. “We’ve been in some contests now where we haven’t had the ability to score points. That’s part of your job as a quarterback, to put points on the board and move the football team. We’ve moved at times but we’ve also been very inconsistent.

“We understand what we’re walking into when we’re playing a young quarterback. At times it might look real good and at times, you might say, ‘Why did he do that?’ But you know what? So be it. We’ll live with that.’’

Croyle will replace veteran Damon Huard, who committed three turnovers in Sunday’s 27-11 loss to Denver at Arrowhead Stadium. Croyle replaced Huard in the third quarter but wasn’t much more effective than Huard.

Croyle was the Chiefs’ third-round draft pick last season. He will be the first Chiefs draft pick to start a game for them at quarterback since Todd Blackledge, who was drafted in 1983 and last started a game in 1987.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Where is this official post from ? Ive been watching for news about it but havent seen where Herm actually said Brodie would start this sunday !

Yzilla,

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Posted: 7 minutes ago
    Edwards says Croyle will be his new starting QB

Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Damon Huard is out and Brodie Croyle is in as starting quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Coach Herm Edwards said Monday the strong-armed Croyle, who came in for a shaken-up Huard against Denver on Sunday, would start at Indianapolis this week as the Chiefs try to snap a two-game losing streak and revive one of the NFL's weakest offenses.
    "You need a spark," Edwards said. "We've been in some contests now where we haven't had the ability to score points. That's part of your job as a quarterback, to put points on the board and move the football team. We've moved at times, but we've also been very inconsistent."
    Croyle was 17-for-30 for 162 yards, with one interception, in the 27-11 loss that dropped Kansas City to 4-5.
    Huard, an 11-year veteran, was a career backup until he took over for the injured Trent Green last year and played well in eight games. Huard then beat out Croyle in the preseason for the starter's job but has been inconsistent -- before Croyle came in Sunday he had thrown two interceptions and lost a fumble in that game.
    "Damon's done a good job helping us win four games. It's never on one guy, obviously," Edwards said. "You need a spark. We've been in some contests now where we haven't had the ability to score points.
    "At this point in time, this is a chance for me and this organization to evaluate a young player that we think has a chance to play quarterback. But you don't know until he has an opportunity."
    A third-round pick in 2006 out of Alabama, Croyle will be the first quarterback drafted by Kansas City to start a game for the Chiefs since Todd Blackledge, who was drafted in 1983.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

WooHOO! Finally Brody!! Show us what you got!!

Let's hope the O-line steps up so Croyle has a shot to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Hope he has something called play-maker in him, he is going to have to move and elude sacks. I still wish we have, Casey Printers.

Thanks for the info on this ! great news ! I'm just hoping that we can get some touchdowns out of Brodie . Denver tried and tried to allow him to score at the end and he just couldn't get it done . But this is how it starts I guess . Cant expect a guy with so little playing experience to be Peyton manning or Tom Brady . Good luck to him and GO CHIEFS ! I'm really getting kinda dejected about going to the home games anymore . The Atmosphere is awsome , Tailgating, meeting new people is awsome . I have been to three home games this year already and have watched them barely squeak past the Vikes and Lose to the Jags and the Broncos . I'm getting to the point of wanting to just sit in the parking lot and get bombed and listen to it on the radio! I hope Brodie gives us the spark the chiefs need to revive their season or I'm gonna stop spending Hundreds of dollars in Fuel, Hotel, food, and booze to come here . I could watch them lose at home for pennies . Go Brodie , Go Chiefs , I'm not giving up just bummed out right now .

Well now that he's in let's see what he can do.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    They will have their work cut out for them with Freeney and Mathis coming around the edges too.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    They will have their work cut out for them with Freeney and Mathis coming around the edges too.
    and good ol bob sanders
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast