Thread: Webnews: Chiefs move a cornerback to running back

Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 44

Post Webnews: Chiefs move a cornerback to running back

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt

The Chiefs continue to look for options on offense. Even if it means moving guys from defense. According to B.J. Kissel of the team’s official website, the Chiefs are moving cornerback Tremon Smith to running back. He certainly has the speed, as he ran a 4.32-second 40 at his pro day when he was coming [more] Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    I love his speed. I'm curious to see him in a game as RB. I think he might take Thomas role. Wait is Thomas even on our roster anymore? Is he back from broken leg?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I love his speed. I'm curious to see him in a game as RB. I think he might take Thomas role. Wait is Thomas even on our roster anymore? Is he back from broken leg?
    I see that he's a free agent now. I forgot all about him. I'm suprised a team hasnt signed him. Wonder if he still not recovered.

Thumbs Up
    Given: 14

0 Not allowed!
    Every time Tremon Smith carried the ball on kick offs, I was worried about him fumbling. He does not secure the ball well.

This is not a good sign when we are short on CB depth and he is one of the guys we drafted on defense to play CB. Now he is being moved to RB just a year later?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Every time Tremon Smith carried the ball on kick offs, I was worried about him fumbling. He does not secure the ball well.

This is not a good sign when we are short on CB depth and he is one of the guys we drafted on defense to play CB. Now he is being moved to RB just a year later?
    I see this as Reid trying to have a guy who's active on game day that can cover 2 spots as backup. Say Reid only wants to have 2 rb active on game day but Smith can be the 3rd as emergency and as a gimmick play. I'm thinking this gives them room to play with game day active numbers. We will ha e .Lee do active then lb u like past unless they can eliminate another spot ie someone who can play multiple spots.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I see this as Reid trying to have a guy who's active on game day that can cover 2 spots as backup. Say Reid only wants to have 2 rb active on game day but Smith can be the 3rd as emergency and as a gimmick play. I'm thinking this gives them room to play with game day active numbers. We will ha e .Lee do active then lb u like past unless they can eliminate another spot ie someone who can play multiple spots.
    I think it is about spreading out the defense out for 3rd and long situations. If you put out 4 4.3 speed guys with Watkins, Hill, Hardman with Smith catching out of the back field. It would be hard to delegate blitzers with speed being covered in man to man. It will take a lot of pressure off the offensive line.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think it is about spreading out the defense out for 3rd and long situations. If you put out 4 4.3 speed guys with Watkins, Hill, Hardman with Smith catching out of the back field. It would be hard to delegate blitzers with speed being covered in man to man. It will take a lot of pressure off the offensive line.
    I agree with that also.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with that also.
    He looks like a DAT 2.0 where he makes the team for special teams. We will probably see a lot of gimmick plays with him. I don't think they can ask him to pas block though.