Thread: Should we consider cb Marcus Cooper?

Default Should we consider cb Marcus Cooper?

Cooper was released be the lions. Doesn anyone know if cooper would fit spahs defense system? He wasnt to bad last time that I can remember. Would he be better backup then what we have now?

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Cooper was released be the lions. Doesn anyone know if cooper would fit spahs defense system? He wasnt to bad last time that I can remember. Would he be better backup then what we have now?
    According to wikipedia he signed a one year contract with the Lions. He did okay for us for about half a season, then disappeared in the depth chart merry-go-round of unwanted cb's.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    According to wikipedia he signed a one year contract with the Lions. He did okay for us for about half a season, then disappeared in the depth chart merry-go-round of unwanted cb's.
    True lions resigned him for a one year deal but he was cut by the lions today. I just wonder how he would fit into this system. I'm just worried about relying on rookies and inex CB's.

He wasn't all that great for us before, which is why we released him. What would he bring to us that Wade, Ward, Fenton, David does not bring other than we know his ceiling?

I hear these rumors of trading for Josh Norman. Does this scare any of you? Once a CB hits 30, they usually drop so fast. We have done this too many times. With Patrick Surtain, Ty Law, D. Revis.... Norman is 31. Taking on his 30 million cap space for his age, just sounds like a middle finger to Chris Jones.

Cooper had some really good moments with us before but is not consistent he wouldn't bring anything that we don't already have enough of. IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    He wasn't all that great for us before, which is why we released him. What would he bring to us that Wade, Ward, Fenton, David does not bring other than we know his ceiling?

I hear these rumors of trading for Josh Norman. Does this scare any of you? Once a CB hits 30, they usually drop so fast. We have done this too many times. With Patrick Surtain, Ty Law, D. Revis.... Norman is 31. Taking on his 30 million cap space for his age, just sounds like a middle finger to Chris Jones.
    Cooper signed with the jets today. As far as Norman I'm not sure if never recall seeing him play so I dont know how good he really is and far as she goes that depends in the defense system. If its lot of man to man like last year I'd say age doesnt help you but if we play more zone his experience might compensate but I dont want to pay high price for an if we corner.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    True lions resigned him for a one year deal but he was cut by the lions today. I just wonder how he would fit into this system. I'm just worried about relying on rookies and inex CB's.
    Unfortunately...that's what we got to work with. And after previous experiences with over the hill cb's....Think we're better off just saving the money.