Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Pre-season Game Day Thread Week 2: Chiefs @ Steelers***

Default ***Pre-season Game Day Thread Week 2: Chiefs @ Steelers***

The Points Don't Matter!

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

The Kansas City Chiefs

vs.

Pittsburgh
    Steelers

Saturday, August 17, 6:30PM CT
    at
    Heinz Field

Pittsburgh, PA

Television coverage:
    Kansas City:
    KSNT 5

Topeka, KS
    WIBW 13

Nationwide
    NFL Network

Radio Coverage:
    Kansas City

Lawrence/Topeka:

Manhattan, KS:

St. Louis

(Links updated at 5:30PM CT)

Watch Online:

VIPBoxTV
    [Link 1 HD] [Link 2] [Link 3] [Link 4] [Link 5]

DimSports
    [Link 1] [Link 2] [Link 3]

Zunoxide.net

Feed2All
    [Link 1] [Link 2] [Link 3]

Stream2Watch.cc

Disclaimer: Links are provided for your convenience. No guarantee is made regarding quality of links or even if they work at all. Use a browser with an ad blocker and always make sure your antivirus software is up to date. Use at your own risk.

Before watching any streams please READ THIS important message.

Last edited by TopekaRoy; 08-17-2019 at 06:29 PM.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Weather forecast: 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Mosly Cloudy. 4 mph WSW winds.

Line: Chiefs -2.5, Over/Under: 46.5

Adam Teicher says:
    Patrick Mahomes and the starting Chiefs offense looked ready for the regular season in last week's game on their one drive, which ended with a touchdown against the Bengals. Mahomes was 4-for-4 for 66 yards, including a perfectly-placed throw down the left sideline to Travis Kelce on the first play. But coach Andy Reid said he won't vary from the usual in Saturday night's game against the Steelers. The starters will play most, if not all, of the first half. The risk seems greater than the reward in this case, though Reid didn't agree. ‘'He wants to work and we go with that,'' Reid said. “You never know about injuries. You never know about them during the season and you don't know about them during the preseason.'' When I asked Mahomes how much preseason playing time he needed, he said, “I've never really thought about it. For me, I treat the preseason like it's the regular season. Go out there and try to play the game the way it's supposed to be played. Until coach takes me out, I'm going to go out there and try to score points.''

Chiefs vs. Steelers: Game Preview
    From Chiefs.com

Friday, Aug 16, 2019 01:43 PM
    Matt McMullen
    Chiefs Reporter
    Chiefs.com@KCChiefs_Matt

One down, three more to go.

The Kansas City Chiefs kicked off the preseason with a victory last Saturday, handily defeating the Cincinnati Bengals at Arrowhead Stadium. It marked a major step in the Chiefs’ march toward the 2019 regular season, as Kansas City finally took the field against an opponent in preparation for the upcoming campaign.

Players up and down the roster impressed in that game, from quarterback Patrick Mahomes and the starting offense scoring on their lone possession to rookie tailback Darwin Thompson tallying 51 yards of total offense on six touches.

It wasn’t quite the real thing just yet, but it was still exciting nonetheless, and the Chiefs will be back at it on Saturday night in Pittsburgh to take on the Steelers in the second week of preseason action.

The Chiefs’ latest memory in Pittsburgh is undoubtedly a fond one, as Mahomes matched a franchise-record with six touchdown passes as part of Kansas City’s first victory over the Steelers on the road since 1986 last season.

This contest won’t carry the stakes of that matchup, but it will provide the Chiefs with another opportunity to improve with the regular season just two weeks away. Mahomes and company will play somewhere around the first half, according to Head Coach Andy Reid, allotting Kansas City’s starting unit a shot at some live competition.

“I just want to be successful at moving the ball down the field,” Mahomes explained. “It’s not so much about throwing touchdowns or going out there and getting the big play - it’s just about positive gains, moving the ball the right way, and, hopefully, that turns into points.”

Mahomes completed 4-of-4 passes for 66 yards in last week’s victory, connecting with tight end Travis Kelce on a 36-yard completion down the left sideline on Kansas City’s first offensive play. It marked Kelce’s lone snap of the game, but it only fueled the excitement surrounding this team heading into 2019.

Kelce will likely have a chance to do a little bit more against Pittsburgh on Saturday.

“The sky is the limit for this offense,” Kelce said. “The guys who have been here and that have been here the last couple years - especially last year - we’re taking it up a level [from where] we have in years past. You can just tell from the coaches’ excitement, their attention to detail and from how guys are reacting to their coaching. This team is going to be awesome and we’re going to have a lot of fun on the offensive side of the ball.”

That’s an exciting thought considering the Chiefs’ posted the third-best statistical offense in NFL history last season, but that kind of production doesn’t just happen overnight. It’s months of preparation – beginning with Organized Team Activities last spring all the way to training camp – culminating in tangible results.

The Chiefs broke camp on Thursday and will head back to the training facility to continue that work following Saturday’s game, and so far, Coach Reid feels good about where the team is readiness-wise.

"I feel like we have [accomplished what we were looking to do] to this point. Now, do we have a bunch of work to get done yet? Yeah, we do before the season starts,” Reid said. “The guys came out [to camp] with what I thought was a great attitude. They had a purpose of wanting to be better. That's the way they approached it. Every day, they came with something individually to make themselves better, and then collectively as a team, to make themselves better."

That preparation continues on Saturday night in Pittsburgh, and as Mahomes reflected on the Chiefs’ three weeks in St. Joseph, his excitement for what’s next was all too clear.

“As you get closer and closer to the season, this is one of those little milestones where you get through camp and you know that you’re that much closer,” Mahomes said. “It was awesome out here this year. We were able to build a lot of chemistry and we got to have a lot of fun, so we’re happy to be here, but now we’re going back to Kansas City and getting ready. This season is going to be big.”

I updated the links in Post #2. I don't know which are Chiefs broadcast and which are Steelers or NFLN. You will just have to try them.

Game will be delayed due to weather
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Game will be delayed due to weather
    A little Thundersorm is passing through. It look likes clear skies to follow, though. Now they are saying kickoff no earlier than 8:00. We'll see.

Chiefs just said 7:15
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Chiefs just said 7:15
    I guess the pregame show meant 8:00 Eastern. Now, I'm hearing 7:30 Central.

Unfortunately, my IPTV service is blocking the KC feed from KCNT 5 and KMOV 4 St. Louis. (Thanks NFL!) Oddly, I'm still getting the Pittsburgh KDKA 2 feed. I also get NFL Sunday Ticket, but it's not up yet. Not sure which broadcast they will have. It's also on NFL Network but that will probably be the PIT feed since they are the home team.

I guess I can't complain for $5 per month.

Yes the Chiefs just tweeted 7:30 unless there's more lighting
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast