Thread: Week 1 postgame At Jags

Default Week 1 postgame At Jags

Well another season is underway and a pretty solid start for the Chiefs.

Offense. WOW what a start. Sammie Watkins talked about possibly having his best season. And he's off to a good start with it. With them getting very little from Hill due to injury Mahomes being hobbled they still put up 40. Just an amazing start.

Here's my 2 slight concerns O line has to do a better job protecting Mahomes he was getting hit way to much for my liking. And 2 they really didn't have much of a run game for most of that game. It's week 1 so you expect some bugs but there is some things they still have to work on. I don't think Mahomes will be that active in practice this week. Hopefully he gets healed up.

Defense. I really don't know what to think. I think we all knew there were going to be some growing pains early in the year. Some of the Jags offense you just have to give them credit. There were a couple of plays were the coverage was good just the throw was better. That's going to happen sometimes. You can also say playing a backup qb that you have no real tape on makes it harder. And that's true. But there is defently a lot of work to do. And my major concern is the lack of a real pass rush. That is just going to have to get better

Lets also take a moment to mention the lack of discipline from the Jags. I don't think they are going to be a playoff team. There D is not as good as people have made them out to be and they don't play smart.

1-0 a pretty nice start to the year. Work to do for sure. But MAN this team is going to be hard to beat. If they get ANYTHING out of the defense this year could be the year for the Chiefs. Lets hope the D gets better as the year goes. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Late here, because I work on Sundays.

Great opening day win. Yes, there is a lot to work on and improve.

Game MVP -- Sammy Watkins. He had an All-Pro caliber day & the Jags had no answer for him & he just ripped their guts out. Here is to hoping that he stays healthy & we see many more performances from him like we saw today, because when he's on his game like he was today, you have to look at him and say "he's one of the best". Today, he was very reminiscent of Jerry Rice.

Sooooo happy it's football season again.

IMHO the game ball should've been given to Sammy Watkins. You always hear stories about various players stepping up in the offseason, but sometimes don't see the results. Today we saw the results and Watkins had a phenomenal game. He made a LOT of his opportunities when the ball came his way.

Offensively as good as we were, the score could've been much more lop-sided. Mahomes missed on two TD's to Kelce and Williams got a case of alligator arms at the wrong time on another big throw.

The defense did get a few stops in, but have serious doubts about what this is going to look like against better teams. Looking at the replay of the game there were way too many times we lost the LOS battle. The secondary is still way too grabby and not looking for the ball. If you look at Minshew's TD pass, while it is a perfectly thrown ball to a WR that makes a great catch, you can see our CB holding with his left hand, and turns around to look when it's too late.

The Jags completely blew their cool today, and was really surprised that more stuff didn't get flagged. Can imagine the league office is going to be issuing out some fines tomorrow morning.

Agree on Watkins getting the gameball

And that the offense while they were damn good still missed some things. Isn't that scary for the rest of the league.

Also agree about losing the LOS battle. That did not help with the pass coverage. When a QB has all day to throw someone is going to get open sooner or later We did not get into their backfield much. The D while they did do some good things IMO still does have a number of things they really need to get worked out. But the good news is that it's week one. Hope to see a much better effort next Sunday in Jokeland
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And that the offense while they were damn good still missed some things. Isn't that scary for the rest of the league.
    If they had connected on those (especially that first one with Kelce) think the Jags would've folded up their tent right then and there.

Only thing to do is take them one game at a time & hope that the Chiefs are healthy at the end of the regular season & have won enough games to get back to the post-season. 15 more games to go & a LOT can happen between now and then.

Our defense sucks. No excuse letting a rookie who's never played in this league in and set records for a rookie. Mind you with 2 back up tackles protecting him and we got one sack? Our line should have had a field day without any stunts.