Thread: chiefs restructure Fisher and Hitchens contracts

Post chiefs restructure Fisher and Hitchens contracts

The Chiefs restructures both Fisher's and Hitchens Base salaries yesterday adding an additional 10 million in cap. The Chiefs were already set with Cap Space. Teams usually don't just do this out of the blue, so people are suspecting they are about to make some sort of move.

They could extend Chris Jones, or look to acquire another player. Speculation is that they are looking for starting corners.

We have like 23 mil in cap space now after all said and done. Makes me wonder is beach planning to trade for a cb or is this for Jones. We need a cb in the worst way.

I dont think we even need a great ch just a really good solid cb. Breeland, fuller is the only cb that we have. Claiborne will help alot but he suspended 4 games. Even if we trade for a cb it will take a few weeks for him to learn our defense so either way I think were stuck til Claiborne is back. I was against alot of the free agent cb this year but now looking back alot of them would be better then ward. I thought ward would be better then he is. I was down on breeland so maybe that balances itself out but we barely even hit the Qb with or pass rush either. Let's just say I'm pessimistic that we improved our pass defense at all.

I don't think they would be doing this for Jones I think his new contract when he gets one wouldn't have any effect on the Cap until next season.

They are looking to do something I think. Hopefully they can get a good CB
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Interesting that Fisher and Hitchens were willing to restructure their contracts, which leads to the obvious question:

Why weren't Berry and Houston willing to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    We have like 23 mil in cap space now after all said and done. Makes me wonder is beach planning to trade for a cb or is this for Jones. We need a cb in the worst way.

I dont think we even need a great ch just a really good solid cb. Breeland, fuller is the only cb that we have. Claiborne will help alot but he suspended 4 games. Even if we trade for a cb it will take a few weeks for him to learn our defense so either way I think were stuck til Claiborne is back. I was against alot of the free agent cb this year but now looking back alot of them would be better then ward. I thought ward would be better then he is. I was down on breeland so maybe that balances itself out but we barely even hit the Qb with or pass rush either. Let's just say I'm pessimistic that we improved our pass defense at all.
    I'd love to see us pick up a corner but from what I saw we're going to need an off-season to really help the D's roster.

We have to give the defense a couple of weeks to gel together. The run defense was better. The Jags didn't get 8 yards on every first down running play. For the most part the corners were in position to make a play. The TD thrown by Foles was well covered by Fuller the throw and catch was just better. It does bother me that a rookie QB came in and was so effective with Tink and Dunks. Because that is exactly what we will see from Carr.

What about Db from Miami minkah that's on the trade block. I hear he's best at slot but prefers outside cb. Great Football IQ and is considered a coach on the field. They say minkah would he better at alot and outside the fuller but I'd say stick minkah where he excels the best and that's at slot then move fuller outside which he has to be better then ward. And I think he's only 22. He was drafted #11 2017 or 2018 not sure but we might be able to get him for a 2nd rnd pick. He also has 3 years left on a very friendly contract since Miami already paid most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    What about Db from Miami minkah that's on the trade block. I hear he's best at slot but prefers outside cb. Great Football IQ and is considered a coach on the field. They say minkah would he better at alot and outside the fuller but I'd say stick minkah where he excels the best and that's at slot then move fuller outside which he has to be better then ward. And I think he's only 22. He was drafted #11 2017 or 2018 not sure but we might be able to get him for a 2nd rnd pick. He also has 3 years left on a very friendly contract since Miami already paid most of it.
    Think there was an article on PFT that mentioned the chiefs being a possible match. My question is can the Chief's defensive coaches get more out of him than Miami's did? If so can't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Think there was an article on PFT that mentioned the chiefs being a possible match. My question is can the Chief's defensive coaches get more out of him than Miami's did? If so can't see why not.
    I say chiefs can if they dont keep swit him positions. Hes playing safety at the .moment in miami but played cb last year. He wants to play cb and stay at one position. That's why hes unhappy in miami and people think that's why hes been struggling some cuz of the back and forth.

Your thinking of the wrong CB for Miami Joson the one I want from them is Xavien Howard he is much better than Minkah