Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 2 postgame @Jokeland

Default Week 2 postgame @Jokeland

I normally start with the offense this week I am going to start with the defense.

They got off to a poor start but after that they were pretty solid. Came up with the turnovers when they did give up drives and kept them off the scoreboard for the rest of the game. The offense didn't do much in the 2nd half but they were not pressured at all. And that is a credit to the DEFENSE. This was a step in the right direction for them. Now it's up to them to build on it. But I am pretty happy with how they looked overall today.

Man that 2nd quarter was fun to watch. That's without the number 1 WR. And the starting LT. They got off to a slow start like the defense but man they showed they can take over a game quickly. I spent years on here SCREAMING that the Chiefs didn't just need a QB but needed to build an OFFENSE. Today shows what that looks like. You never know whos going to have the big game. That's what I wanted and I love to see it.

There are some things that need to be addressed the running game wasn't very good today. I think both the D line and the O line need to play better then they did today IMO.

It feels damn good to leave the last game in Oakland with the W. I said this in the game thread but I remember during the Smith years some being upset that the Chiefs passed on Derek Carr. I never understood why we have beaten him time and time again. The red zone pick stands out as why he is not a top level QB. He's a vet now and never looked anywhere else and threw a ball that was just handing them a pick. He's good but again today the turnovers showed why he will not win at the top level. You just can't do things like that

The Chargers lost so the Chiefs now sit alone in 1st place just to top this day off.

Next week it's the Ravens. And the home opener Arrowhead is going to be rocking and the Chiefs are going to have to be better then what they were today if they want to get the W. The slow start that we saw today can not happen next week. Lets get it done.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think hardeman experience today will benefit him huge next week. So mad that his 75yrd pass got called back. Mahomes and hardiman was on my fantasy teams. Also kelce was. But anyways I hope Fisher is able to okay next week. I dont trust erving.

What was nice was seeing the Defense not fold & continually get gashed, as we saw continually last year (thanks to Sutton and his inability to adjust or motivate guys to step up). Obviously, they did adjust & they stepped up and held the Raiders scoreless in the last 3 QTR's.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    What was nice was seeing the Defense not fold & continually get gashed, as we saw continually last year (thanks to Sutton and his inability to adjust or motivate guys to step up). Obviously, they did adjust & they stepped up and held the Raiders scoreless in the last 3 QTR's.
    This game was kind of the exact opposite of last year which is why I am please with it. Slow start but ADJUSTED and righted ship. Last year good starts then fall off every week.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I normally start with the offense this week I am going to start with the defense.

They got off to a poor start but after that they were pretty solid. Came up with the turnovers when they did give up drives and kept them off the scoreboard for the rest of the game. The offense didn't do much in the 2nd half but they were not pressured at all. And that is a credit to the DEFENSE. This was a step in the right direction for them. Now it's up to them to build on it. But I am pretty happy with how they looked overall today.

Man that 2nd quarter was fun to watch. That's without the number 1 WR. And the starting LT. They got off to a slow start like the defense but man they showed they can take over a game quickly. I spent years on here SCREAMING that the Chiefs didn't just need a QB but needed to build an OFFENSE. Today shows what that looks like. You never know whos going to have the big game. That's what I wanted and I love to see it.

There are some things that need to be addressed the running game wasn't very good today. I think both the D line and the O line need to play better then they did today IMO.

It feels damn good to leave the last game in Oakland with the W. I said this in the game thread but I remember during the Smith years some being upset that the Chiefs passed on Derek Carr. I never understood why we have beaten him time and time again. The red zone pick stands out as why he is not a top level QB. He's a vet now and never looked anywhere else and threw a ball that was just handing them a pick. He's good but again today the turnovers showed why he will not win at the top level. You just can't do things like that

The Chargers lost so the Chiefs now sit alone in 1st place just to top this day off.

Next week it's the Ravens. And the home opener Arrowhead is going to be rocking and the Chiefs are going to have to be better then what they were today if they want to get the W. The slow start that we saw today can not happen next week. Lets get it done.

The D still has a ways to go, but proved one thing today - that they CAN make adjustments and do a better job at the LOS. Like Brd stated they don't have to be spectacular, just be more solid. Did good today but Baltimore will not falter in Arrowhead, we need to play a four quarter ballgame defensively if we want to go 3-0.

IMHO the game ball needs to go to Demarcus Robinson. After last weeks' game, everyone and his brother's cousin in Oakland was targeting Sammy Watkins. Can't tell me that John Gruden wasn't aware of this when he game-planned the past week. Demarcus had decent coverage on him, and still made plays. The guy has come a long ways since we've gotten him and today it paid off in a major way. If we get into a situation where guys like Kelce, Hill and Watkins are completely covered, we don't have to force the ball to them. Way to go, #11.

Derek Carr is a good QB that went to the wrong team. Will never understand the Raiders. They get some of the best talent and then collectively figure out a way to screw it up. How many head coaches has Carr gone through since he got there? How many different WR's or OL?

We got to see Robinson and Hardmans coming out parties today, this team has so many weapons that its hard for teams to game plan around who are you gonna double team, Watkins and Kelce, good luck cause that leaves Robinson and Hardman one on one.

Thank goodness for that second quarter. Glad to hear that the defense woke up and did their job. Unfortunately I had to leave after the first quarter so that's really all I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    The D still has a ways to go, but proved one thing today - that they CAN make adjustments and do a better job at the LOS. Like Brd stated they don't have to be spectacular, just be more solid. Did good today but Baltimore will not falter in Arrowhead, we need to play a four quarter ballgame defensively if we want to go 3-0.

IMHO the game ball needs to go to Demarcus Robinson. After last weeks' game, everyone and his brother's cousin in Oakland was targeting Sammy Watkins. Can't tell me that John Gruden wasn't aware of this when he game-planned the past week. Demarcus had decent coverage on him, and still made plays. The guy has come a long ways since we've gotten him and today it paid off in a major way. If we get into a situation where guys like Kelce, Hill and Watkins are completely covered, we don't have to force the ball to them. Way to go, #11.

Derek Carr is a good QB that went to the wrong team. Will never understand the Raiders. They get some of the best talent and then collectively figure out a way to screw it up. How many head coaches has Carr gone through since he got there? How many different WR's or OL?
    The D has some work to do for sure. But today was a positive step which is what you hope to see. Hopefully they take another good step next week.

The Raiders and their changes in Coaches have been part of why Carr hasn't risen to the top level for sure. But he is also making some basic mistakes as well. Like the redzone pick. He didn't even try to look the defender off. That's a young QB mistake that he should be past making. So while the Raiders are partly to blame you also have to look at Carr himself. I agree he is a good QB I just question if he will be more then that
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Thank goodness for that second quarter. Glad to hear that the defense woke up and did their job. Unfortunately I had to leave after the first quarter so that's really all I saw.
    So you stopped watching then good things happened? HMMMMMMM :)
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    We got to see Robinson and Hardmans coming out parties today, this team has so many weapons that its hard for teams to game plan around who are you gonna double team, Watkins and Kelce, good luck cause that leaves Robinson and Hardman one on one.
    And then we get Hill back. Like DCs around the league are not going to get much sleep the week they have to play against this offense.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast